• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All tackles lead with head

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this thread still here? Quit bumping this garbage and let it die like Texas National Title aspirations after LSU took their lunch money in their own stadium. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Literally Everyone on this Board

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait wait wait. The KU player knocked the ball out of our player with the crown of his helmet on a form tackle to cause the fumble. Y’all told me that’s targeting? I wonder why it wasn’t called.

You're a glutton for punishment.

I didn't see it but sounds like he hit the ball, not the ball carrier or his helmet.

Will Herman be filing a complaint with the Big 12 for 'Targeting the ball'?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a glutton for punishment.

I didn't see it but sounds like he hit the ball, not the ball carrier or his helmet.

Will Herman be filing a complaint with the Big 12 for 'Targeting the ball'?
Right he went at thigh/waist level with eyes and helmet down... like every other form tackle ever.
Only difference between his tackle and Roach’s? The runner didn’t throw himself down right at the moment of tackle.

thanks for pointing this out for the rest of these idiots. And yourself.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right he went at thigh/waist level with eyes and helmet down... like every other form tackle ever.
Only difference between his tackle and Roach’s? The runner didn’t throw himself down right at the moment of tackle.

thanks for pointing this out for the rest of these idiots. And yourself.

Did he hit the thigh/waist, or the ball with his helmet?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he hit the thigh/waist, or the ball with his helmet?
Does it matter. He did all the same things Roach did. The runner just didn’t happen to throw himself to the ground at the time of the tackle.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i lead with my head into your moms twat

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter. He did all the same things Roach did. The runner just didn’t happen to throw himself to the ground at the time of the tackle.

Yeah it matters. Do you have a pic or video?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it matters. Do you have a pic or video?
Why do you need one. He did a straight regular form tackle. Head and eyes down. Helmet at crotch level. The ball was there instead of the runner’s head because the runner didn’t voluntarily throw himself down at the moment of tackle like in Roach’s case

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you need one. He did a straight regular form tackle. Head and eyes down. Helmet at crotch level. The ball was there instead of the runner’s head because the runner didn’t voluntarily throw himself down at the moment of tackle like in Roach’s case

Because I want to see if you're twisting what actually happened again. duh

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I want to see if you're twisting what actually happened again. duh
I’m not twisting anything. Never have. It’s y’all with your lies and stop action pics saying Roach could should have froze himself in mid tackle.
The play today wasn’t noteworthy in any way. I’m not putting anything on the tackler. I’m saying he did what tacklers always do. That’s what I’ve been saying since the top post.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not twisting anything. Never have. It’s y’all with your lies and stop action pics saying Roach could should have froze himself in mid tackle.
The play today wasn’t noteworthy in any way. I’m not putting anything on the tackler. I’m saying he did what tacklers always do. That’s what I’ve been saying since the top post.

I saw the play. It was in the 2nd Q, right?

There was nothing even remotely close between that KU tackle and Roach's helmet to helmet targeting of a player already on the ground.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the play. It was in the 2nd Q, right?

There was nothing even remotely close between that KU tackle and Roach's helmet to helmet targeting of a player already on the ground.
It was all the same...
tackle low.
Tackle with head first (like all tackles)
Tackle with eyes down (like almost all tackles)
... except that the runner didn’t crouch down to anticipate the hit or, like with Roach, runner didn’t throw himself down the moment before the tackle.

all the same things Roach did, but the runner didn’t throw himself down.

that’s it

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was all the same...
tackle low.
Tackle with head first (like all tackles)
Tackle with eyes down (like almost all tackles)
... except that the runner didn’t crouch down to anticipate the hit or, like with Roach, runner didn’t throw himself down the moment before the tackle.

all the same things Roach did, but the runner didn’t throw himself down.

that’s it

The TU ball carrier was running with the ball and had his right leg taken out from under him by the KU players shoulder pad. The KU player's helmet did not contact the ball. It just flew out of the TU players arm while he was flipping through the air.

The OU ball carrier was as good as down on a slide 2 yds before Roach laid the helmet to helmet blow on him.

slide e.PNG

slide b.PNG

slide d.PNG

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TU ball carrier was running with the ball and had his right leg taken out from under him by the KU players shoulder pad. The KU player's helmet did not contact the ball. It just flew out of the TU players arm while he was flipping through the air.

The OU ball carrier was as good as down on a slide 2 yds before Roach laid the helmet to helmet blow on him.

View attachment 220396

View attachment 220397

View attachment 220398
I’ll just repeat myself until you actually get it.
Roach is in his final foot position.
Roach is already leaning in for the tackle.
The runner just threw himself down as Roach started the tackle.
Your own pics show this.
Plays happen in real time, not stop motion camera. And even your stop motion pics show what I just wrote.

your first pic shows both tackler and runner leaning into their final move: runner throwing himself down and tackler leaning for a thigh high tackle. Your own pics show this.

tattoo this onto your forehead so you can stop lying.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll just repeat myself until you actually get it.
Roach is in his final foot position.
Roach is already leaning in for the tackle.
The runner just threw himself down as Roach started the tackle.
Your own pics show this.
Plays happen in real time, not stop motion camera. And even your stop motion pics show what I just wrote.

your first pic shows both tackler and runner leaning into their final move: runner throwing himself down and tackler leaning for a thigh high tackle. Your own pics show this.

tattoo this onto your forehead so you can stop lying.

Naw. First pic shows Roach planting his right foot to change direction from east/west to north/south. OU player clearly in a slide where he is down by rule at the point he begins the slide. The 'Down where the slide begins rule' was put in place to protect ball carriers. You don't even have to touch them anymore, let alone blast them with the crown of your helmet like Roach did.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewer ran right on that last drive, our tackler stayed high and kept his eyes up... and our tackler helmet to helmet popped Brewer’s head back. And the commentators lauded that hit, a hit YOU ALL are saying is the right way to tackle.

When in fact... those are the dangerous tackles you want to avoid and penalize. Y’all are so fucking stupid.