• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All tackles lead with head

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no idea lol. it wouldnt surprise me to see someone think they are funny and maybe not be banned but be run off like oh say honors or someone who just thinks it is funny.

I cannot wait to hear about his rankings ;)

Someone might like to think they are funny but nobody (except maybe Zook) wanted to be thought demented.

Like I said, we'll have to wait on first post, it will be the giveaway. Nobody does, WTF, quite like him.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone might like to think they are funny but nobody (except maybe Zook) wanted to be thought demented.

Like I said, we'll have to wait on first post, it will be the giveaway. Nobody does, WTF, quite like him.
Well i also find it odd cuz i tried to convince him to come to the hoop when yall came over, but he was completely against it

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not you. It's me!

ElderlyBadGrebe-small.gif

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i also find it odd cuz i tried to convince him to come to the hoop when yall came over, but he was completely against it

I'm not. His brand of strange has a limited shelf life. He may feel this is virgin territory.

We shall see.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all tackles lead with head

You can do this with other sports too!

-all homeruns lead with the bat
-all strikes lead with the arm
-all stolen bases lead with the feet
Except that football has made a penalty out of theirs.m, a penalty that gives a first down to the offense and kicks out a defender from the game. And morons like you repeat the ‘lead with the head’ castigation as if it is a problem. Dunce.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that football has made a penalty out of theirs.m, a penalty that gives a first down to the offense and kicks out a defender from the game. And morons like you repeat the ‘lead with the head’ castigation as if it is a problem. Dunce.

No dumbass I'm making fun of you. And it's even funnier that I had to explain it to you.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get great enjoyment out of Texas fans complaining about officiating.

Yet, they never admit that officiating has gifted them more games than anyone.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ElTexan is like Galileo saying the world is round when everyone else KNEW it was flat. He's revolutionary!!!

so can we exile him now?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ElTexan is like Galileo saying the world is round when everyone else KNEW it was flat. He's revolutionary!!!

so can we exile him now?
Galileo wasn’t exiled. Quite literally the opposite, he was kept ‘in house’ the rest of his days. it brings me joy when dunces try to be smart thus underscoring their duncery.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should take these 10 year old’s coach and let him teach Texas how to tackle.
Tackle low and head before body, like every other squared up tackle in history? Yes. It’s what I’ve said on this thread for 12 pages now. Thanks for proving my point yet again.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackle low and head before body, like every other squared up tackle in history? Yes. It’s what I’ve said on this thread for 12 pages now. Thanks for proving my point yet again.

The head needs to be to one side or the other at the point of contact. The helmet should NOT be the main point of contact.

That is spearing. It is targeting. It is using the helmet as a weapon. It is not only dangerous to the ball carrier, it's also dangerous for the individual making the tackle.

As many have pointed out in your flaming idiocy, using your helmet as the primary tool in inflicting a blow on a ball carrier is the cause of many concussions and neck injuries.

You use your shoulder pads and arms, head to one side or the other. That has been taught at Pop Warner level for at least 50 years. For the protection of the ball carrier and the defender.

Not this......

slide b.PNG
slide c.PNG
slide d.PNG

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roach was not intending to make a tackle. The ball carrier was already down.

Roach was intending to inflict a damaging blow with the most dangerous weapon on the field......The helmet.

In frames one and two the ball carrier has not moved. The only person moving is Roach.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galileo wasn’t exiled. Quite literally the opposite, he was kept ‘in house’ the rest of his days. it brings me joy when dunces try to be smart thus underscoring their duncery.

Only reason he wasn't exiled or killed (the church's usual punishment for convicted heretic and blasphemers) was bc he was 70 years old. Since no self respecting 70 year old man would wear a cheer jersey, you dont get house arrest, you get exiled

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head needs to be to one side or the other at the point of contact. The helmet should NOT be the main point of contact.

That is spearing. It is targeting. It is using the helmet as a weapon. It is not only dangerous to the ball carrier, it's also dangerous for the individual making the tackle.

As many have pointed out in your flaming idiocy, using your helmet as the primary tool in inflicting a blow on a ball carrier is the cause of many concussions and neck injuries.

You use your shoulder pads and arms, head to one side or the other. That has been taught at Pop Warner level for at least 50 years. For the protection of the ball carrier and the defender.

Not this......

View attachment 220005
View attachment 220006
View attachment 220007
And if the runner moves? As runners are apt to do? Should that be the salient reason one gets a targeting penalty? Like the runner did radically in this example? God you’re dumb.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason he wasn't exiled or killed (the church's usual punishment for convicted heretic and blasphemers) was bc he was 70 years old. Since no self respecting 70 year old man would wear a cheer jersey, you dont get house arrest, you get exiled
Nice try to save your glaring ignorance.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roach was not intending to make a tackle. The ball carrier was already down.

Roach was intending to inflict a damaging blow with the most dangerous weapon on the field......The helmet.

In frames one and two the ball carrier has not moved. The only person moving is Roach.
He was not already down. He threw himself down as Roach had already started the tackle. Real life isn’t in slow motion or still frame. It’s at the speed of elite athletes running at full speed.
Only LSU players spear helmet to helmet after the guy is down... and whistle blown

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No amount of moving your head to the side would have prevented helmets clashing here. The targeting penalty would have been enforced anyway. It’s a dumb penalty enforced wrongly.

Roach went low for a squared up form tackle. It just so happened the runner threw himself down at that exact time.

what you want to punish is the guys that go in high with head up (which is what you morons are arguing FOR in this thread) or the guys that jump in after the play is over. The pics YOU GUYS LINK YOURSELVES show Roach already in his final foot position and already leaning in for an eventual thigh level tackle... which is what you WANT tacklers to do.

even this slomo gif shows the runner falling into the tackle clearly after roach already started the tackle.

you can’t just come on here any LIE and say he was already down. Dunce.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not already down. He threw himself down as Roach had already started the tackle. Real life isn’t in slow motion or still frame. It’s at the speed of elite athletes running at full speed.
Only LSU players spear helmet to helmet after the guy is down... and whistle blown

You do NOT make initial impact with the crown of the helmet and eyes pointed down, dipshit. In every picture you've posted it is the shoulder pad making impact with the head to one side or the other. That is proper tackling for the safety of both the ball carrier and the individual making the tackle.

The ball carrier's knee was down (he'd slid for a yard) before Roach made impact with the crown of his helmet. There were two yds of space when the ball carrier started the slide. There was a yard of space between the ball carrier and Roach once the ball carrier's knee was down. Roach decided to levy the helmet to helmet blow anyway.

slide e.PNG
slide f.PNG
slide c.PNG

slide d.PNG