• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

all star voting

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disclaimer: i hate both the penguins and the blackhawks.

that said, any real nhl fan worth his/her salt has to be pissed about how this voting went down.

i'm not gonna pick on specific players, but it's ludicrous that some players made it and others didn't.

this makes ALL nhl fans look like completely uneducated, media-hype-swallowing, brainwashed idiots.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
fans shouldn't vote players in, because fans are morons.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it makes the NHL fan feel like they are part of the decision making and therefore special.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i hate the excuse, "well you should have voted for your favorite players" to stop homer fns from stuffing the ballot boxes. that's absolute crap. fans should unabashedly root for their guys, no doubt. they should get into drunken fights int he stand and in the streets.

but when it comes to this kind of voting, try to be at least a LITTLE unbiased. even fans of other sports who know nothing about hockey look at six starters voted off of two teams and say, "wow hockey fans are fucking stupid."

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate "stuff the box" voting the NHL likes. I would rather they had 1 vote per day per email. Yes people would still cheat (some fans love to find ways around the system) I think I might vote if I thought my one vote might count. with some people voting 1000s of times a day it takes the casual fan or the guy with a job out of the mix.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck it. just have the penguins play against the blackhawks. or just have the penguins play against themselves.

fucking bullshit. i might actually get to go to the game, thank got saner people will fill out the rest of the roster. i mean, fine, most of these guys should probably play in the game, but to lead in voting, fuck i might just eat my arm.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I keep getting Keith and Seabrook mixed up this year. Good thing I didn't vote. I wouldn't have know who not to vote for...

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funniest part about it is that the best d-man in the league this year used to be a blackhawk. yet he doesn't get voted in and a still-blackhawk d-man who is ~20 points behind and barely cracks the top 15 in d scoring is voted in. just proves even more that these fans who are voting are fucking maroons.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep getting Keith and Seabrook mixed up this year. Good thing I didn't vote. I wouldn't have know who not to vote for...

well, one thing for sure is that blackhawk fans ain't gonna vote for byfuglien. most of the hawks fans who are voting probably don't even know he's still in the league.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waaaambulance-23284.jpg

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ASG is all about the young fan, the new fan, and the inexperienced fan.

Most long time, knowledgeable hockey fans aren't very interested in the All Star Game because.. well, it's not real hockey. I don't watch it, and I don't vote for it. I have a feeling there are a lot of other people like myself out there who play hockey, watch hockey, watch any playoff game they can, watch college hockey, AHL, etc... but just don't give two shits about the All Star Game or voting.

The newer fans do however, and they go nuts on the ballot box. Not to be condescending, but the Hawks have a shitload of fans who have just been introduced to hockey... can you blame them for not knowing who the best players are? They started following hockey two or three years ago, they know the Hawks, they want to see the Hawks.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NHL wanted me to vote for the All Star game they wouldn't make me sign in.

That said. It's an All Star Game. Let fans vote for whoever they want. If a Penguins fan wants to send his favorite lovable goaltender, stuff the box. It's not the only sport that does it. MLB teams tell fans to vote for their team's players and fans do.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NHL wanted me to vote for the All Star game they wouldn't make me sign in.

That said. It's an All Star Game. Let fans vote for whoever they want. If a Penguins fan wants to send his favorite lovable goaltender, stuff the box. It's not the only sport that does it. MLB teams tell fans to vote for their team's players and fans do.

no

get out

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ASG is all about the young fan, the new fan, and the inexperienced fan.

Most long time, knowledgeable hockey fans aren't very interested in the All Star Game because.. well, it's not real hockey. I don't watch it, and I don't vote for it. I have a feeling there are a lot of other people like myself out there who play hockey, watch hockey, watch any playoff game they can, watch college hockey, AHL, etc... but just don't give two shits about the All Star Game or voting.

The newer fans do however, and they go nuts on the ballot box. Not to be condescending, but the Hawks have a shitload of fans who have just been introduced to hockey... can you blame them for not knowing who the best players are? They started following hockey two or three years ago, they know the Hawks, they want to see the Hawks.

^This. Good post, Eddie.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In none of my years of fanhood have I cared about the All-Star game. That said, if you must have one, have the GMs pick the players. Those guys [usually] know better than fans and players.

The one thing that bugs me about All-Star games in all sports is that appearances drive up player salaries on the market. When a player who doesn't deserve it gets into an All-Star game, it inevitably inflates the market for players in his mold. That's bad for the game, in my opinion.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

get out

yes

bite me

fans picking 6 players they want is as big an issue as... well nothing. its not an issue at all. it's the fucking all star game. it doesn't matter. at all. the game isnt ruined now that marc-andre fleury is in it. and i use game loosely. everyone else was a lock to make it anyway. this is a non issue. stop bitching about it.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of things this NHL season more important than the All Star Game:

Everything. Including Devils games in March.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that thinks the fan voting is the way to go just look at the ASG a couple years ago in Montreal where half of the team was voted in.

It should be fan voting and player/ coaches voting.

The game should be allstars not where the game is played and not a popularity contest. It must suck for players that have it in their contract that they get more money if they make the All Star Team and yes there are clauses in some contract's

Vote with you head not with your heart.