• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this new leak, the new entry in the series is going to a cross-gen title, launching on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well as on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. The game is apparently getting revealed next month, and it will be released in September.

- Title of the next game is Ragnarok, codenamed Kingdom

- Will launch on Xbox One, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X

- Officially announced in February at the upcoming PlayStation event, release date September 29th, 2020.

Assassin's Creed Ragnarok will feature improvements to the RPG mechanics introduced in Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as to combat, parkour, and stealth.

- Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.

- Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.- Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.

- Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded

- Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode which also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.

- Parkour is upgraded with tree climbing and new animations

- Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.- Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.

Co-op will also be included.

- Up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op like Ghost Recon wildlands.

Assassin's Creed Ragnarok is also going to feature a reputation system, which will make quests and missions available in certain kingdoms only once a certain level of reputation has been reached.

- Players now have a reputation system based on quests completed for people in cities, the town officials, clothing worn, crimes committed, etc. Some quests and story missions can only be completed after reaching a certain reputation with kingdoms.

Assassin's Creed Ragnarok is also going to do away with level locked regions, with a new progression system.

- Levelling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.

- Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.

The Assassin's Creed Ragnarok map is also said to be massive, featuring almost all of Northern Europe as well as big cities like York, London, Paris, and Kiev. These cities make quite a lot of sense, considering the Viking setting, as Northmen and Danes raided these areas and created settlements near them.

- The map is massive. Like all of northern Europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and Kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.

As today's leak comes from an anonymous source, we have to take it with a grain of salt. Leaks about the Assassin's Creed series, however, have become extremely common in the past few years, so there's a decent chance that today's leak could be real.

Assassin's Creed Ragnarok has yet to be confirmed officially. We will keep you updated on the game as soon as possible, so stay tuned here for all the latest news.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Assassin's Creed Ragnarok map is also said to be massive, featuring almost all of Northern Europe as well as big cities like York, London, Paris, and Kiev. These cities make quite a lot of sense, considering the Viking setting, as Northmen and Danes raided these areas and created settlements near them.

- The map is massive. Like all of northern Europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and Kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.

Not down for this part. Odyssey was too fucking big as a game even before you got to the DLC content. There's just too fucking much stuff to do that you get distracted and lose interest. Origins was just the right size.

I'm also not fan of them basically just turning the AC series into an RPG. It started with Origins, but really made the leap in Odyssey. All of the equipment, the different builds, etc its just too much.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not down for this part. Odyssey was too fucking big as a game even before you got to the DLC content. There's just too fucking much stuff to do that you get distracted and lose interest. Origins was just the right size.

I'm also not fan of them basically just turning the AC series into an RPG. It started with Origins, but really made the leap in Odyssey. All of the equipment, the different builds, etc its just too much.

I agree with you Odyssey was a massive ass game and there were times I felt like 50 hours went by and I kind of got over the game. It did also take away from the assassins gameplay when you are also a gladiator wearing armor climbing up walls swinging giant axes

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why they changed from the original formula because it got way too formulaic and repetitive, but I’ll always have a soft spot for the Ezio trilogy.

If they could find a way to keep what made Origins and Odyssey great while scaling down the size of the world, I’d be all for it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer released this morning. It looks pretty fucking sweet but there's no game play footage. It's all CGI animation. Some details on the game;

-Releases this Holiday Season, no specific date yet
-Will be on both new (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5) as well as current gen (Xbox One, PS4, Stadia)
-You can pick either a male or female protagonist (same as it was with Odyssey)
-There will be an emphasis on settlement building as it coincides with the Vikings invading Britain during the Dark Ages.
-This is supposedly the most bloody and gruesome combat yet.

Further details about the game

Assassin's Creed Valhalla reshapes the series' RPG storytelling by giving you a Viking settlement

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes I'm in! STOKED! I am a huge fan of the Vikings show on the History Channel.

Looks like we're going to throw the stealth aspects to the wayside here. But I thought the same of Odyssey and there was still plenty of stealth methods.

Hoping to get a lot of the same that we got with Odyssey. Good mix of land & naval battles, with epic storylines. I'm not exactly a fan of the decision-based (branching) storylines because I get anxiety with FOMO in those situations.

So if I have my timelines correct, Valhalla will happen between Origins & AC1. The "Viking Age" was from 793-1066AD.

Timeline:
Odyssey (431-404)
Origins (330 BCE)
AC1 (1190-1191AD)
AC2 (1476-1499)
Brotherhood (1499-1507)
Revelations (1511-1512)
Black Flag (1715-1722)
Rogue (1752-1776)
AC3 (1754-1783)
Unity (1776-1800)
Syndicate (1868)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think that "Odin" (seen @2:40s mark in the trailer) looks a bit like Ezio from Revelations? I'm sure that is driving the fans nuts!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes I'm in! STOKED! I am a huge fan of the Vikings show on the History Channel.

Looks like we're going to throw the stealth aspects to the wayside here. But I thought the same of Odyssey and there was still plenty of stealth methods.

Hoping to get a lot of the same that we got with Odyssey. Good mix of land & naval battles, with epic storylines. I'm not exactly a fan of the decision-based (branching) storylines because I get anxiety with FOMO in those situations.

So if I have my timelines correct, Valhalla will happen between Origins & AC1. The "Viking Age" was from 793-1066AD.

Timeline:
Odyssey (431-404)
Origins (330 BCE)
AC1 (1190-1191AD)
AC2 (1476-1499)
Brotherhood (1499-1507)
Revelations (1511-1512)
Black Flag (1715-1722)
Rogue (1752-1776)
AC3 (1754-1783)
Unity (1776-1800)
Syndicate (1868)

Based on the trailer and write up, it seems like its basically The Last Kingdom (BBC and Netflix show). Exact same premise. Vikings invading Britain to colonize, King Alfred eventually unites the island, etc etc. Great show btw though I never have gotten around to watching seasons 3 and 4

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the trailer and write up, it seems like its basically The Last Kingdom (BBC and Netflix show). Exact same premise. Vikings invading Britain to colonize, King Alfred eventually unites the island, etc etc. Great show btw though I never have gotten around to watching seasons 3 and 4
Good to know! Will have to check it out! Thanks!

King Alfred's wiki says he reigned over Wessex somewhere north of 871AD, which puts him only a few years after the death of Ragnar Lodbrok... Which launched the invasion of the Great Heathen Army, led by Ragnar's sons: Ivar, Bjorn, Ubba, Halfdan & Sigurd. I'm hoping for lots of great plot connections there.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the upgrading aspect, I hope you can build and make it unique like in Fallout. Bethesda killed with building shit, but didn't see that it could be a standalone game. I spent more time building shit in Fallout than doing anything else, because it was so enjoyable.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the upgrading aspect, I hope you can build and make it unique like in Fallout. Bethesda killed with building shit, but didn't see that it could be a standalone game. I spent more time building shit in Fallout than doing anything else, because it was so enjoyable.

I just hope there's not some pain in the ass type deal where your settlement randomly gets attacked and you have to defend it. Nothing more annoying than to be doing some mission or activity and get a notification you're being attacked and that you have to go clear across the map.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gameplay" trailer. I put it in quotes because there's not really gameplay here. It's just a few cut scenes (in game engine) mixed in with the cinematic shots we've seen before.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, one other neat detail I forgot to mention earlier but you may have seen if you read the articles above is that you can customize your character. Different hairstyles, beards (if you're male), and tattoos.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Developer Ubisoft Just Confirmed Bad News for Next-Gen Systems

The next installment in the Assassin's Creed series will be arriving just in time to hit the next-gen consoles such as Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, which are boasting unprecedented power for gaming systems, but that still won't be enough for Assassin's Creed Valhalla apparently. Despite expectations riding high for the game, which will also be on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, it's likely that some gamers will be disappointed in how Assassin's Creed Valhalla performs on the next-gen systems.

According to Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed Valhalla won't run at 60 FPS on Xbox Series X, which likely means it won't run at 60 FPS on any system, other than very high-end gaming PCs. Rather, it sounds like the team has prioritized resolution, because while it will be held back to 30 FPS, it will run at a crisp 4K.

"Currently, we can guarantee that Assassin's Creed Valhalla will run at least 30 FPS," said Ubisoft while speaking to Eurogamer. "Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit from faster loading times, allowing players to immerse themselves in history and the world without friction. Finally, Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit from improved graphics made possible by the Xbox Series X, and we can't wait to see the beautiful world we're creating in stunning 4K resolution."

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty interesting my only thing with odyssey is that like many others did not feel like an assassin. In that game you were definitely more of a regular guy that became a gladiator and climbing up cliffs with a giant axe on your back seemed ridiculous. I would almost prefer that they gives these names another title but I am sure they do not want to kill off the fanbase and I am imagining the old assassins creed mechanic was starting to get old and making the game this way has been better for sales.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Developer Ubisoft Just Confirmed Bad News for Next-Gen Systems

The next installment in the Assassin's Creed series will be arriving just in time to hit the next-gen consoles such as Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, which are boasting unprecedented power for gaming systems, but that still won't be enough for Assassin's Creed Valhalla apparently. Despite expectations riding high for the game, which will also be on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, it's likely that some gamers will be disappointed in how Assassin's Creed Valhalla performs on the next-gen systems.

According to Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed Valhalla won't run at 60 FPS on Xbox Series X, which likely means it won't run at 60 FPS on any system, other than very high-end gaming PCs. Rather, it sounds like the team has prioritized resolution, because while it will be held back to 30 FPS, it will run at a crisp 4K.

"Currently, we can guarantee that Assassin's Creed Valhalla will run at least 30 FPS," said Ubisoft while speaking to Eurogamer. "Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit from faster loading times, allowing players to immerse themselves in history and the world without friction. Finally, Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit from improved graphics made possible by the Xbox Series X, and we can't wait to see the beautiful world we're creating in stunning 4K resolution."

AC has always run like shit, horribly optimized game for PC (can 100% tell it's a console game first and the port job is shit)... but yah, nothing is going to compete with a high end gaming PC. I'm due for a new one in a year or so... probably go the I9 or next gen, and then a 3080 GTX. Should be a fun way to blow a couple grand on the PC and then another $1,000 on the switch to 4K.

As for Valhalla, meh... I really liked the Greek theme of Odyssey, but I really don't need a 'Viking' theme. Shadiversity (medieval YouTube personality) also ruined it for me as he basically destroyed the trailer (unrealistic armor/weapons that don't fit the time period at all, stupidity to the cut scenes, etc.).

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looks dope nasty.

still haven’t beat Odyssey yet though. Gotta get on that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 17th is the release date, announced today at the Ubisoft event