• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I'm enjoying it, but the stealth hasn't been very satisfactory. I've found it to be somewhat confusing and that has hampered my fun with the game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I'm enjoying it, but the stealth hasn't been very satisfactory. I've found it to be somewhat confusing and that has hampered my fun with the game.

If the stealth bothers you, you can adjust the gameplay difficult for stealth in the menu options. For whatever reason, enemies notice you a hell of a lot easier in this game than in games past. But I've some people say that if you bump the difficulty for stealth down a notch, it plays more like AC games from the last couple of years. The enemies take a little longer to notice you

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced from the reviews about this game to go out and buy it. I wasn't the biggest fan of Odyssey and a lot of the original fans of the franchise myself included are not excited on the direction they have gone with this. Is the Map ridiculously massive with 800 missions of which 720 are routine and meaningless?

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced from the reviews about this game to go out and buy it. I wasn't the biggest fan of Odyssey and a lot of the original fans of the franchise myself included are not excited on the direction they have gone with this. Is the Map ridiculously massive with 800 missions of which 720 are routine and meaningless?
So far, it is more straight forward than odyssey. You have to subdue England, and three map is broken up into bite size pieces that each have a pretty good main story. Instead of other quests, they have "points of interest" where you can do something to get more experience points. I haven't found those to be all that thrilling.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, it is more straight forward than odyssey. You have to subdue England, and three map is broken up into bite size pieces that each have a pretty good main story. Instead of other quests, they have "points of interest" where you can do something to get more experience points. I haven't found those to be all that thrilling.
Eeesh yeah that was the feeling I had with Odyssey they had what felt like a thousand side quests or points of interest and it just didn't feel thrilling and at times felt like a chore. I may actually skip this one and see what Cyber Punk is all about. Sad I was such a huge assassins creed fan since their first few games.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So somebody help me understand something...

I went to buy my brother this game for Xmas and they are completely sold out of digital copies... and hard copies all around my area

Hard copies makes sense, but digital? How the hell does that work? Like they are refusing to sell more licensed codes to download it? Is this some sort of sales tactic to increase revenue in the long run? Makes no sense! It’s frickin Xmas season for cryin out loud!

@wildturkey @MaximumSam @Battlelyon @Clayton

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I watched my buddy play it for about an hour yesterday and that was way too much for me the game's too big I don't understand it I just want college football

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to buy my brother this game for Xmas and they are completely sold out of digital copies... and hard copies all around my area

Hard copies makes sense, but digital? How the hell does that work? Like they are refusing to sell more licensed codes to download it? Is this some sort of sales tactic to increase revenue in the long run? Makes no sense! It’s frickin Xmas season for cryin out loud!

I'm not 100 percent certain but I think third party sellers (like Amazon) can contract to sell a certain number of digital copies, and they can put them on sale.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't sound correct. On what platform and how are you trying to buy it?

I can log in to my Xbox, go to their store, buy it, and download it. Its probably the same for PS5 and something similar in PC stores.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing I can think of is if you're trying to buy a digital code from Target, Walmart, or some other store like that like MaximumSam was alluding to. Try doing what Gatorchip said and buy directly from the in-console store.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this game. I have a fatal glitch that prevents me from finishing the game. All because i decided to hunt down the cultists before finishing hamptunshire......cant finish the game, cant see ending, nothing. Fucking trash, im done with ubisoft.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this game. I have a fatal glitch that prevents me from finishing the game. All because i decided to hunt down the cultists before finishing hamptunshire......cant finish the game, cant see ending, nothing. Fucking trash, im done with ubisoft.

If its game breaking, report it. It's probably common and will be fixed in the next patch. Yeah, that shit should be fixed before the game is released but patches are basically commonplace among all studios nowadays

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its game breaking, report it. It's probably common and will be fixed in the next patch. Yeah, that shit should be fixed before the game is released but patches are basically commonplace among all studios nowadays

100 percent game breaking and very near the end when youve already put in about a hundred hours into it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're sayin don't kill off all the cultists before you finish the main story? lol

I'm wayyyy behind on this game since buyin it. Just barely got through the Oswald storyline by taking care of the Rued Clan.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the endgame now... Level 315ish IIRC... Down to the final 2 alliances.

I'm enjoying Valhalla. Love the story but I still liked Origins & Odyssey better. Not because of the story, but mainly because the abilities, armor, quests, locations, etc were better.

1. Odyssey
2. Black Flag
3. Origins

I think these are my top 3 AC games right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the endgame now... Level 315ish IIRC... Down to the final 2 alliances.

I'm enjoying Valhalla. Love the story but I still liked Origins & Odyssey better. Not because of the story, but mainly because the abilities, armor, quests, locations, etc were better.

1. Odyssey
2. Black Flag
3. Origins

I think these are my top 3 AC games right now.
My top 3 would be Brotherhood, 2, and Odyssey. I might have some nostalgia glasses when it comes to the older games, though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 3 would be Brotherhood, 2, and Odyssey. I might have some nostalgia glasses when it comes to the older games, though.
I don't blame you. I was honestly struggling to remember the first 3-4 games. I am fond of Altair because of it being the original, but also the Ezio saga as well (II, Brotherhood & Revelations). But not one of them distinctly stands out in my mind above the rest. I vaguely remember Revelations moreso, mainly because of how it ended with Ezio & Desmond, but also because it was the most recent of the 4. Some day I will have to go back through & play some of them again.

Origins & Odyssey broke the mold. Obviously technology far exceeds the boundaries they had before, so its tough to ignore that. I know for sure that I was blown away by Black Flag. That was an easy #1 for me at the time. Since then they just kept getting better & better. Valhalla has a really good story & a lot of similarities to Odyssey, but it just doesn't have the historical material to stack up to it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ostara Event through a wrench into my completion of this game. The game kept crashing after that event started. They have since patched it, but I had to wait over a week for that to happen.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ostara Event through a wrench into my completion of this game. The game kept crashing after that event started. They have since patched it, but I had to wait over a week for that to happen.
They still never fixed my glitch so im unable to win the game. I long ago quit on that bullshit.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still never fixed my glitch so im unable to win the game. I long ago quit on that bullshit.
WTF? They've had a gamebreaker glitch for that long and haven't resolved it????