• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably did both tonight on the chance that they might not be able to do any shows going forward. Stuff changes daily so you don't know. If they saved one, it could be weeks before it happens and that would kinda kill the buzz since they had already built to both (Brodie actually on TV and Matt thru web series)
I think Matt’s a big enough name that they could get away with holding him off though and it’d still get over. With Moxley being a surprise fifth member for the match, they could always set up a rematch with Omega or even Page down the line.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW crushed that. That is how you film a show an empty arena. They kept everything in the ring and stage area and didn't do any shots of the empty stands. Putting some of the roster in the "crowd" was smart too. Even just a little crowd noise helped. Complete opposite of what WWE did
Agreed...Dynamite didn't feel 'weird' like Raw/Smackdown did in the empty venue. Was very skeptical about it at first after seeing what WWE did (some cringeworthy segments and replaying old matches), but AEW impressed imo...

As you'll read a snippet here, Dave Scherer wrote a great column at PWI about last night's AEW show and revealed some stuff that AEW did that they weren't supposed to given the restrictions so that is likely why it seemed better than what WWE did(because they were following what they were told they could do, AEW did not.)

But here’s the thing, was it a one time only event? Clearly, AEW violated a number of the rules in place right now for the pandemic (and clearly all of wrestling will as you can’t work someone and stay six feet away from them, unless maybe you are Orange Cassidy selling imaginary moves). Obviously, social distancing is impossible given the nature of the business. But clearly the “groups of ten people or more” rule was thrown out the window. Last week I asked numerous WWE sources why they didn’t have some employees or trainees in the seats at the PC to make some noise during the matches. They all said the same thing, they were not allowed. They couldn’t have people in the crowd and they had to perform in front of an empty area. WWE is not under the radar the way that AEW is (or maybe was) so they can’t violate rules. They are also publicly traded while AEW isn’t. As Mike reported on the site last night, it’s clear AEW realizes that what they did last night may be a one time only thing. The city or state or TNT itself may say you can’t do that again. That is why all of the graphics didn’t say “next week” when they talked about upcoming matches. And it’s also really clear that War Ga…..er Blood and Guts has been postponed.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you'll read a snippet here, Dave Scherer wrote a great column at PWI about last night's AEW show and revealed some stuff that AEW did that they weren't supposed to given the restrictions so that is likely why it seemed better than what WWE did(because they were following what they were told they could do, AEW did not.)

But here’s the thing, was it a one time only event? Clearly, AEW violated a number of the rules in place right now for the pandemic (and clearly all of wrestling will as you can’t work someone and stay six feet away from them, unless maybe you are Orange Cassidy selling imaginary moves). Obviously, social distancing is impossible given the nature of the business. But clearly the “groups of ten people or more” rule was thrown out the window. Last week I asked numerous WWE sources why they didn’t have some employees or trainees in the seats at the PC to make some noise during the matches. They all said the same thing, they were not allowed. They couldn’t have people in the crowd and they had to perform in front of an empty area. WWE is not under the radar the way that AEW is (or maybe was) so they can’t violate rules. They are also publicly traded while AEW isn’t. As Mike reported on the site last night, it’s clear AEW realizes that what they did last night may be a one time only thing. The city or state or TNT itself may say you can’t do that again. That is why all of the graphics didn’t say “next week” when they talked about upcoming matches. And it’s also really clear that War Ga…..er Blood and Guts has been postponed.

But "10 people or less" stuff are only "rules" if they are being enforced in those given areas.They are just guidelines in many places. Plus, I'm not certain they can do much of anything to anyone if the gathering is in a private location and everyone is their by choice. Considering Tony Khan (his family) owns the place where AEW shot, they could maybe get away with doing more. I suppose WWE could push it that way too since they own the PC

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But "10 people or less" stuff are only "rules" if they are being enforced in those given areas.They are just guidelines in many places. Plus, I'm not certain they can do much of anything to anyone if the gathering is in a private location and everyone is their by choice. Considering Tony Khan (his family) owns the place where AEW shot, they could maybe get away with doing more. I suppose WWE could push it that way too since they own the PC

yeah they took liberties with that by keeping less than 10 In each spot.

with far distances around.

it was clever and made the show interesting.

I hope everyone on camera turned out ok.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW crushed that. That is how you film a show an empty arena. They kept everything in the ring and stage area and didn't do any shots of the empty stands. Putting some of the roster in the "crowd" was smart too. Even just a little crowd noise helped. Complete opposite of what WWE did

Of course you thought that. That's what the dirt sheet narrative is all about. AEW > WWE because...AEW.

Try and be less obvious next week.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right I believe. I was getting the venues and dates mixed up. Without the fans, it definitely won’t feel the same as it would with a live crowd.

Well I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy tickets to Wednesday's show (3/25), because they're doing the "empty" arena setup next week as well. The Newark show got pushed back to...August I believe. When I was looking for info on the 3/25 show, I found out they were coming back to Boston in...April, I believe. That also got pushed back. This time to September, I believe.

I won't be able to go to the Newark show in August, but I'll definitely be going to Boston in September.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you thought that. That's what the dirt sheet narrative is all about. AEW > WWE because...AEW.

Try and be less obvious next week.

The dirt sheets stole it from me. Try again

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dirt sheets stole it from me. Try again

That’s his lame spiel whenever anyone says anything good about AEW ever.

he’s become a troll ever since they came on tv.

don’t bother.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don’t bother.

Yep, and when asked if he's ever said anything positive about AEW on here, his response was 'I'm not going to spend time going through my posting history looking for that,' as if he thinks anyone believes he's said anything positive about AEW.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and when asked if he's ever said anything positive about AEW on here, his response was 'I'm not going to spend time going through my posting history looking for that,' as if he thinks anyone believes he's said anything positive about AEW.

I have issues with both.

I like things about both.

But it’s certainly not a conspiracy to say nice things about aew or bad things about wwe.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW has postponed "Blood and Guts" next week and it'll take place at a later time. They will still have a new episode of Dynamite (at least they plan to), but the war games type match and the rest of the card for B&G won't happen.

This is probably because the place they are being forced to film at isn't made to have anything suspended from its ceiling, so cages would be practically impossible.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Dark Order muscle shirt that Brodie Lee was wearing....that’s not a want...that’s a need for me.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don’t bother.

Is this one of those passive-aggressive responses to me? Since I assume it is, let me post my response to some of your...alternative facts, regarding my opinions on AEW. Again.

I've made nothing up.

You said nothing, not a single syllable, about AEW until about a month in. Right after Bray Wyatt's match at Hell In A Cell.

I've said positive things about AEW before. It's just been drowned out by my contempt for their lies and tone-deafness. I still watch when I have the chance and it's not hate watching either. (Since you'll predictably go that route)

I've never, not once, said NXT is perfect. I've just called you out on your hatred of said show, which you predictably deny. Yet you follow that denial up, by calling them the JV show or some other BS.

I don't pretend to know a single reason why NXT is on Wednesday nights. I do know, however, that it's been discussed a hell of a lot longer than AEW's been a thing. So why you continue to peddle the lie that is the bolded is a mystery to me. Rest assured you're not the first on this board to do so. Just the latest.

So go ahead and be "done with it". It doesn't change the fact that you went from not giving a fuck about AEW to being all in (pardon the pun) in a matter of 24 hours.

I find it ironic that you accuse me of living in fantasy land and yet you wrote that very riveting tall tale about my stance(s) on AEW and NXT.

So, will it be more of your passive-aggressive bullshit, or nah?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does the bolded even mean?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have issues with both.

I like things about both.

But it’s certainly not a conspiracy to say nice things about aew or bad things about wwe.

Well then, what do you call it when it's only good things about AEW and only bad things about WWE, and by extension NXT?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get that steak dinner promo....

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get that steak dinner promo....

If you’re talking about the one with Brodie Lee and scolding his disciples for picking up silverware and sneezing, then it’s a shot at Vince McMahon, something that seems like common practice since that’s 2 in 2 weeks for Lee.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re talking about the one with Brodie Lee and scolding his disciples for picking up silverware and sneezing, then it’s a shot at Vince McMahon, something that seems like common practice since that’s 2 in 2 weeks for Lee.

ok. Don’t get it. Don’t get the point when there’s so much good stuff to do with the dark order cult stuff.

Brodie Lee definitely needs reinforcements in dark order...or to finally start turning the jobbers into winners...aka the whole premise of dark order

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess that the parking lot brawl between Best Friends and Lucha Bros is postponed indefinitely?