• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they don't reschedule the Newark show on the 25th. I'm fixin' to head down there and catch the show live.
At this point, nothing would surprise me with all that’s been going on in the sports world the past few days. Sucks about the Rochester date not getting the Blood and Guts match.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, nothing would surprise me with all that’s been going on in the sports world the past few days. Sucks about the Rochester date not getting the Blood and Guts match.

I thought Newark was getting that match? Either way, if AEW goes on with the show on the 25th, it'll likely be w/o fans. :pout:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Newark was getting that match? Either way, if AEW goes on with the show on the 25th, it'll likely be w/o fans. :pout:
You’re right I believe. I was getting the venues and dates mixed up. Without the fans, it definitely won’t feel the same as it would with a live crowd.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right I believe. I was getting the venues and dates mixed up. Without the fans, it definitely won’t feel the same as it would with a live crowd.

wrestling without a live crowd is rough. I think basketball or baseball would be far easier.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrestling without a live crowd is rough. I think basketball or baseball would be far easier.
Baseball did it about five years ago with the O’s and White Sox when all of that stuff was going down in Baltimore. And wow was that really weird to watch. You could probably do it in basketball and hockey as well but with the playoffs and tournament, that silent atmosphere will ruin the enjoyment of a lot of those games. I’d say the same thing with wrestling, especially since the crowd reaction can help an angle get over that much more.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball did it about five years ago with the O’s and White Sox when all of that stuff was going down in Baltimore. And wow was that really weird to watch. You could probably do it in basketball and hockey as well but with the playoffs and tournament, that silent atmosphere will ruin the enjoyment of a lot of those games. I’d say the same thing with wrestling, especially since the crowd reaction can help an angle get over that much more.

I don't think it would hurt wrestling much at all. It'll be similar to the way studio filmed wrestling shows were back in the day or NWA is now. Really small crowd size or none at all, just focus on the ring and set promos. Probably should tape them instead of doing it live though because if there's no fans, you'll probably be able to hear the wrestlers talking to each other calling their spots. Normally, the crowd noise drowns all that out

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would hurt wrestling much at all. It'll be similar to the way studio filmed wrestling shows were back in the day or NWA is now. Really small crowd size or none at all, just focus on the ring and set promos. Probably should tape them instead of doing it live though because if there's no fans, you'll probably be able to hear the wrestlers talking to each other calling their spots. Normally, the crowd noise drowns all that out
I think it'd really hurt promos. With crowds, you can get a good feel whether or not it's working. A lot of those old NWA shows back in the 80's were pretty loud during promos, especially Four Horsemen ones.
I do think you're onto something with taping the shows though. Tape them a day or two before it's supposed to air so they can edit the spot calling out if they're doing it in front of empty arenas.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go @The Q , AEW says its this Wednesday for the reveal

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go @The Q , AEW says its this Wednesday for the reveal

I’m really worried this isn’t going to live up to the hype and it’s getting slowed down because they couldn’t land scurll when Thry wanted to reveal the EO.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. AEW going the closed set studio route for the foreseeable future.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brodie Lee/Luke Harper is the exalted one and his first words in a new company are a shoot on WWE and how bad he had it there. Wow I didn’t know I turned on TNA circa 2011.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brodie Lee/Luke Harper is the exalted one and his first words in a new company are a shoot on WWE and how bad he had it there. Wow I didn’t know I turned on TNA circa 2011.

Yeah...it was an averagish promo.

I’m curious how archer’s promo skills are. Wasn’t he considered an elite fa signing?

he probably would’ve been a more impact reveal.

dark order gets like a C right now.

I’m sad they delayed it this long for this.

still think Omega would’ve broke the internet.

why does Brodie Lee care about the elite being broken right now (as he said in one promo)?

the concept is still sound but it needs help. Reynolds and silver need to start becoming winners...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would’ve loved to have heard the Matt Hardy reveal reaction if they were still allowed to have crowds.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW crushed that. That is how you film a show an empty arena. They kept everything in the ring and stage area and didn't do any shots of the empty stands. Putting some of the roster in the "crowd" was smart too. Even just a little crowd noise helped. Complete opposite of what WWE did

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would’ve loved to have heard the Matt Hardy reveal reaction if they were still allowed to have crowds.

Oddly enough, I think it worked better for him. If the crowd was there, I'm not sure you could have heard the buzzing of Vanguard 1. Hearing the buzz and realizing what it was made for a cool moment.

Now Brodie's debut would have been better with a crowd for sure but I'm still down with it

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough, I think it worked better for him. If the crowd was there, I'm not sure you could have heard the buzzing of Vanguard 1. Hearing the buzz and realizing what it was made for a cool moment.

Now Brodie's debut would have been better with a crowd for sure but I'm still down with it
I also think that they should’ve staggered the debuts of Matt and Brodie out. I would’ve waited until after the Blood and Guts match to debut Matt. I would’ve liked it if they did something like the Inner Circle took out everyone they thought would be the fifth partner, so they come out with four guys. Then when it’s time for the final entrant, nobody is there and then from the seats, Moxley comes in and runs wild.
As for the show overall, I enjoyed it more than the previous couple of weeks. I liked the bit of MJF and Spears betting on the matches. I had no problem with the Brodie Lee reveal other than wondering why Colt didn’t bother helping Frankie and Daniels when he was at ringside. And I don’t think I have to say anything about that awful botch in the women’s match.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that they should’ve staggered the debuts of Matt and Brodie out. I would’ve waited until after the Blood and Guts match to debut Matt. I would’ve liked it if they did something like the Inner Circle took out everyone they thought would be the fifth partner, so they come out with four guys. Then when it’s time for the final entrant, nobody is there and then from the seats, Moxley comes in and runs wild.
As for the show overall, I enjoyed it more than the previous couple of weeks. I liked the bit of MJF and Spears betting on the matches. I had no problem with the Brodie Lee reveal other than wondering why Colt didn’t bother helping Frankie and Daniels when he was at ringside. And I don’t think I have to say anything about that awful botch in the women’s match.

They probably did both tonight on the chance that they might not be able to do any shows going forward. Stuff changes daily so you don't know. If they saved one, it could be weeks before it happens and that would kinda kill the buzz since they had already built to both (Brodie actually on TV and Matt thru web series)

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW crushed that. That is how you film a show an empty arena. They kept everything in the ring and stage area and didn't do any shots of the empty stands. Putting some of the roster in the "crowd" was smart too. Even just a little crowd noise helped. Complete opposite of what WWE did

Agreed...Dynamite didn't feel 'weird' like Raw/Smackdown did in the empty venue. Was very skeptical about it at first after seeing what WWE did (some cringeworthy segments and replaying old matches), but AEW impressed imo...