• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old guys got it.

These new guys...they're incredible athletes. Better than the old days. But they miss the key parts of psychology and charisma to tell a great story without doing flips and other bullshit.

Thats what changed over the past decade, vince making promos more important than is what is happening in the ring. CM Punks "pipe bombs" got all you kids excited when it was basically 4 minutes of dead air.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what changed over the past decade, vince making promos more important than is what is happening in the ring. CM Punks "pipe bombs" got all you kids excited when it was basically 4 minutes of dead air.

Here's the thing man, you need some story, otherwise why not just watch UFC?

It has to be more than just rankings and titles.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see jake The Snake back. Having him around, even as a manager, will be quite good for AEW.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see jake The Snake back. Having him around, even as a manager, will be quite good for AEW.

more people need a mic piece.

I thought heyman should have a stable of clients, not just Lesnar because more need one.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more people need a mic piece.

I thought heyman should have a stable of clients, not just Lesnar because more need one.
I've always liked the idea of giving the talent bullet points and letting them cut their own promos. The ones that really suck, you can give a mouth piece.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about MJF but this controversy is making me a fan.

MJF understands staying in character when at an AEW event. Something few wrestlers do anymore.

People all upset about him giving a kid the middle finger. Look. This ain't Disney World and you ain't meeting Mickey Mouse. MJF is (in character) is a dick head piece of shit heel and you want him to take pictures with your child?

Yeah I know. Go ahead and OK Boomer me but when I was a kid, heel wrestlers acted that way even if you ran into them at McDonald's.

They either stayed in character 24/7 or they got fired.

Now, we have wrestlers getting in trouble for staying in character at wrestling events.

Want to know what really has harmed the product?

That.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about MJF but this controversy is making me a fan.

MJF understands staying in character when at an AEW event. Something few wrestlers do anymore.

People all upset about him giving a kid the middle finger. Look. This ain't Disney World and you ain't meeting Mickey Mouse. MJF is (in character) is a dick head piece of shit heel and you want him to take pictures with your child?

Yeah I know. Go ahead and OK Boomer me but when I was a kid, heel wrestlers acted that way even if you ran into them at McDonald's.

They either stayed in character 24/7 or they got fired.

Now, we have wrestlers getting in trouble for staying in character at wrestling events.

Want to know what really has harmed the product?

That.

Exactly. MJF is in the right here.

Breaking kayfabe doesn't help the product.

As JBL said on Backstage this week, if you're a heel and even one person is cheering for you...you're doing a bad job.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked the idea of giving the talent bullet points and letting them cut their own promos. The ones that really suck, you can give a mouth piece.

or....the ones who don’t speak english...I’ll never understand the kabuki warriors randomly attacking Paige.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. MJF is in the right here.

Breaking kayfabe doesn't help the product.

As JBL said on Backstage this week, if you're a heel and even one person is cheering for you...you're doing a bad job.
That or trying to get people to try to buy your merchandise. Being the "cool" heel was made popular by the NWO and it's stayed around ever since. I think Hangman would fall into this category for whenever he eventually turns.

or....the ones who don’t speak english...I’ll never understand the kabuki warriors randomly attacking Paige.
Yeah, I understand trying to take Paige off of television but that seemed out of nowhere for no real reason (that I can recall).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or trying to get people to try to buy your merchandise. Being the "cool" heel was made popular by the NWO and it's stayed around ever since. I think Hangman would fall into this category for whenever he eventually turns.

Yeah, I understand trying to take Paige off of television but that seemed out of nowhere for no real reason (that I can recall).

paige could shit talk for them. It made zero sense for anyone.

and I wouldn’t bet against omega turning heel before Paige.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paige could shit talk for them. It made zero sense for anyone.

and I wouldn’t bet against omega turning heel before Paige.
With the way the Bucks and Kenny have made everyone else seem like a second thought, it'd make sense. But at the same time, it seems like they eventually want to have Kenny become the true face of the promotion. Heel Kenny is much more interesting than face Kenny for sure though.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dark Order.

Their video promos are excellent.

they really need to not screw this up.

They're nothing more than Aces & Eight's 2.0.

My prediction: AEW is gonna screw it up, but no one will say anything because...AEW.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're nothing more than Aces & Eight's 2.0.

My prediction: AEW is gonna screw it up, but no one will say anything because...AEW.

I don’t know who that is.

they could screw it up. They already made a mistake planning on someone not already under contract being the exalted one...So now they’re scrambling.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sting is probably my favorite wrestler of all time and as I said, I didn’t watch much at all for a very long time after 99/2000ish.

I didn’t move to tna. I just checked out.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's older than I thought he was (43) and I don't know why because I remember him from WWE in the 00s. I guess its because he never really did much of anything his entire career but has really broken out over the last couple of years so he seems "new".

I disagree...I loved him in The Rock n Rave Connection!!

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know who that is.

they could screw it up. They already made a mistake planning on someone not already under contract being the exalted one...So now they’re scrambling.

Google is your friend.

Or you can continue to peddle the lie that you've never seen any TNA Impact. Either way works for me.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought yesterday was their best show yet. Also outside of the top tier guys there's Allin, MJF, Orange Cassidy, Jurassic Express, Sammy G and Hangman Page as bigger stars than they were when Dynamite started.

Not trying to convert anyone but I think the show's really hitting its stride and everyone is getting over

You don't need to convert me. As I've told you before, despite my many criticisms over their initial ticketing situation (along with the dirt sheet narrative), I was always going to watch (if I could). I will turn the show off if it insults my intelligence, like it did a few weeks ago when Moxley was spiked by the Inner Circle.

In fact, I'm thinking of going to the Newark show on the 25th. I made sure I could go this time, unlike the Boston show.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revolution was great. If you missed it, shame on you. Go watch it

That tag match was absolute fire. Great action. Great story. Wrestling at its best.

Loved the Orange Cassidy match. "From whereever weighing in at whatever... *cue halfassed pyro*" LMAO

Mox and Jericho was solid. New champ. Gonna be fun to see what happens next.

There was one bad part though.

WTF did Cody do to his neck? LMAO Yoooooooooo. That is one of THE WORST tattoos I've seen in my life. I don't know if laser removal would work on something like that but he needs to pay up for it. Holy shit that's bad

Another dirt sheet narrative disciple?