• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE gives us Goldberg as champ, AEW gives us Moxley. I think my loyalties are going to change in my wrestling fandom.

1) Oh, how short our memories are!!
2) You're not fooling anyone, they've already changed. Talk to Q, he's your soulmate when it comes to disingenuous WWE fandom.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...if Hardy is the Exalted One, but he adds the Young Bucks as his minions?

Having Hardy, YBs, Stu Grayson face the elite in War Games....would be AMAZING.

#joindarkorder

It's called The Match Beyond...get it right.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Oh, how short our memories are!!
2) You're not fooling anyone, they've already changed. Talk to Q, he's your soulmate when it comes to disingenuous WWE fandom.

there’s plenty I like about wwe.

selling out your main rosters to try and win the Wednesday nights ratings is not one of them. You seem to take issue with that fact that that’s what they’re doing. You’re in denial about it.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there’s plenty I like about wwe.

selling out your main rosters to try and win the Wednesday nights ratings is not one of them. You seem to take issue with that fact that that’s what they’re doing. You’re in denial about it.

I take issue with the dirt sheet narratives (there's more than one). AEW > NXT because...AEW, is my chief complaint.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take issue with the dirt sheet narratives (there's more than one). AEW > NXT because...AEW, is my chief complaint.

ive stated why I prefer aew before. Both have the same issues. Aew has better mic skills (by far) and more stories than nxt.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive stated why I prefer aew before. Both have the same issues. Aew has better mic skills (by far) and more stories than nxt.

We've been over this before. You're on Team AEW because they're the new hot thing and the 'dirt sheets' told you they're cooler than WWE.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been over this before. You're on Team AEW because they're the new hot thing and the 'dirt sheets' told you they're cooler than WWE.

No. You've made this up before.

You haven't said a single good thing about AEW ever.

You have made up stuff about how perfect NXT is.

You have either lied, or been in denial about how Vince is just doing his Wednesday night project to slow down AEW...

I'm done with it.

I've said my peace on all of them.

You can continue to live in your fantasy, or come to reality.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the two, I prefer AEW over NXT (although I like NJPW the most). There are still plenty of things I'm not a fan of in AEW. I loathe when the companies keep cutting to crowd shots, hoping for a "holy shit" reaction and AEW is just as guilty of that as WWE/NXT is. Also, I hate the contrived spot where all of the people all group together so they can all catch the person jumping off the top rope and fall down (which is a spot just about every company uses).
For me, I preferred NXT when it was still a one hour show. It left me wanting more. At two hours, I feel like it's just a little too much but we all know why the change to two hours happened and isn't going to go back any time soon.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the two, I prefer AEW over NXT (although I like NJPW the most). There are still plenty of things I'm not a fan of in AEW. I loathe when the companies keep cutting to crowd shots, hoping for a "holy shit" reaction and AEW is just as guilty of that as WWE/NXT is. Also, I hate the contrived spot where all of the people all group together so they can all catch the person jumping off the top rope and fall down (which is a spot just about every company uses).
For me, I preferred NXT when it was still a one hour show. It left me wanting more. At two hours, I feel like it's just a little too much but we all know why the change to two hours happened and isn't going to go back any time soon.

Agreed on both parts for aew.

Just way too many spots in general on both shows.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You've made this up before.

You haven't said a single good thing about AEW ever.

You have made up stuff about how perfect NXT is.

You have either lied, or been in denial about how Vince is just doing his Wednesday night project to slow down AEW...

I'm done with it.

I've said my peace on all of them.

You can continue to live in your fantasy, or come to reality.

I've made nothing up.

You said nothing, not a single syllable, about AEW until about a month in. Right after Bray Wyatt's match at Hell In A Cell.

I've said positive things about AEW before. It's just been drowned out by my contempt for their lies and tone-deafness. I still watch when I have the chance and it's not hate watching either. (Since you'll predictably go that route)

I've never, not once, said NXT is perfect. I've just called you out on your hatred of said show, which you predictably deny. Yet you follow that denial up, by calling them the JV show or some other BS.

I don't pretend to know a single reason why NXT is on Wednesday nights. I do know, however, that it's been discussed a hell of a lot longer than AEW's been a thing. So why you continue to peddle the lie that is the bolded is a mystery to me. Rest assured you're not the first on this board to do so. Just the latest.

So go ahead and be "done with it". It doesn't change the fact that you went from not giving a fuck about AEW to being all in (pardon the pun) in a matter of 24 hours.

I find it ironic that you accuse me of living in fantasy land and yet you wrote that very riveting tall tale about my stance(s) on AEW and NXT.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never watched NJPW, although I’ve heard good things.

how do you watch it?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how do you watch it?
I go to a site called watchwrestling.in. NJPW World is good for the older stuff but I hear it’s not the most user friendly site. If you do sign up, sign up at the beginning on the month because their subscriptions always end at the end of the month.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how do you watch it?

If you use the site UVAGuy said, be sure to have an ad blocker going. It's a good stream site for basically any wrestling show, but like all stream sites, its best to have some kind of blockers going.

If you don't want to go that route, usually you can search Dailymotion a couple of hours after a show and find most of the worthwhile matches. NJPW is a lot slower getting their copyright claims in than WWE or AEW are so people posting NJPW matches on Dailymotion stays up a few days longer than other promotions.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how do you watch it?
A good show to start with would be Wrestle Kingdom 12. There was only one match that wasn't considered good (in my opinion). A good match to start with would be the Okada-Omega match from Dominion 2018. I'd probably rate that in my top five-10 matches of all time. Also, check out the 2018 G1 Climax shows if you have a lot of free time. Other than the Bullet Club bullshit, a lot of those matches were really good.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My other issue with AEW you're seeing right now is how the Elite is in too many storylines.

You have the YB vs. Omega/Page angle
You have the Elite guys with their issues with the certain guys (dustin/hager)
You have elite/IC now at Blood & Guts
Jake and Archer now vs. Cody
And even Dark Order has specifically referenced going after the elite (in their video promos) yet focused on SCU on TV...

It's a little too much right now.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure i'm the only one who liked Christopher Daniel's promo...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look like Brodie Lee is gonna be the Exalted One...but I'm hoping that he's the muscle with the EO...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one place AEW seems to struggle is with these debuts.

Butcher & The Blade
Luther

now Lance Archer.

I think all could've been handled better.