• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is AEW actually going to take the title off of Moxley tonight?

Much like putting the Universal title on the Fiend, taking the title off of Moxley has bad idea written all over it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with wrestling fans and wildly overrating women after they get a little bloody nose in a match?

First the botchy red head in WWE....now Britt Baker in AEW.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going ahead with the Double or Nothing PPV

(thread)

This could be a spot for the Revival to debut considering how much has already been taped.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with wrestling fans and wildly overrating women after they get a little bloody nose in a match?

First the botchy red head in WWE....now Britt Baker in AEW.

'Botchy' Ronda Rousey does not have red hair.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that them running a PPV is probably a good idea. There isn't a challenger for Moxley at the moment (at first, it looked like they were going to have him feud with MJF but since he hasn't been seen for a few weeks or so, that seems to be off the table), Nyla hasn't been around for any of the empty arena shows, so I'd be shocked to see her face Shida. Page hasn't been around for a few weeks either, so there's really no match for him and Kenny at the moment. In my opinion, they should probably do what NXT did and film what they did for what would've been on a Takeover and air it on Dynamite.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that them running a PPV is probably a good idea. There isn't a challenger for Moxley at the moment (at first, it looked like they were going to have him feud with MJF but since he hasn't been seen for a few weeks or so, that seems to be off the table), Nyla hasn't been around for any of the empty arena shows, so I'd be shocked to see her face Shida. Page hasn't been around for a few weeks either, so there's really no match for him and Kenny at the moment. In my opinion, they should probably do what NXT did and film what they did for what would've been on a Takeover and air it on Dynamite.

They've got roughly a month to build up challengers and such. I assume most of it was filmed in a lot of the tapings they've already done. So there's still time to see if it was the right call in that respect or not

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got roughly a month to build up challengers and such. I assume most of it was filmed in a lot of the tapings they've already done. So there's still time to see if it was the right call in that respect or not
I feel like the main match is leading up to being Cody vs Archer since that's the one match that feels like it's been building up for a while. Maybe a tag match with Havoc/Sabian vs Best Friends. I'm guessing they can throw Brodie Lee into a match with someone. Really hoping that they don't put Pineapple Pete vs Jericho on there. But with the talent that's been routinely at the tapings, it really doesn't feel like anything PPV worthy, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW not having a significant chunk of their roster for the tapings they did (which have aired the last couple of weeks) is really starting to show. @UVA_Guy81 , you may be right about them making a mistake putting on DoN in may from a storyline perspective because unless they have some more tapings planned or something else worked out, its looking rough from what's came out of that specific set of tapings

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW not having a significant chunk of their roster for the tapings they did (which have aired the last couple of weeks) is really starting to show. @UVA_Guy81 , you may be right about them making a mistake putting on DoN in may from a storyline perspective because unless they have some more tapings planned or something else worked out, its looking rough from what's came out of that specific set of tapings
I figure from what we've seen the past month or so, the main event would more than likely be Archer vs Cody (since I'm assuming they'll both advance in the tournament) which would probably be the only match involving a title on the show, unless they rush to find something for Moxley if he's able to come in. After that, there's really not much else there, or enough for a lot of people to want to purchase the show I'd imagine. Because I can't imagine them doing a match between Jericho and Matt Hardy already.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were AEW, I probably wouldn't have really had this as a PPV show but I would've tried to have seen if TNT would want to air it as some type of special that night. I figured they would've been interested since all they would have to move around is a couple of movies and could get better ad revenue for the AEW show.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Darby Allin, but he went after the wrong leg on that leg lock and the figure four.

I love the lance archer build up, but I hate having to wait 3 weeks to get the finals.

Jericho is great on commentary. Really like him there.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if most of the roster will be back in time for the ppv, DoN will have at least six matches ready that I can think of:
Matt Hardy vs Chris Jericho
Jon Moxley vs MJF
Young Bucks vs Revolt/Revival
SCU vs Dark Order
Cody vs Lance Archer
Best Friends vs Lucha Bros

I’d throw Nyla Rose vs Hikaru Shida on there but don’t know if Shida is back in Japan and/or if Nyla is coming back anytime soon.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if most of the roster will be back in time for the ppv, DoN will have at least six matches ready that I can think of:
Matt Hardy vs Chris Jericho
Jon Moxley vs MJF
Young Bucks vs Revolt/Revival
SCU vs Dark Order
Cody vs Lance Archer
Best Friends vs Lucha Bros

I’d throw Nyla Rose vs Hikaru Shida on there but don’t know if Shida is back in Japan and/or if Nyla is coming back anytime soon.

solid card right there.

I’m assuming we figure out who Ten is at the ppv as well.

#joindarkorder

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Archer/Dustin match was pretty good.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Archer/Dustin match was pretty good.
I feel like it went a little long but still solid. I think my favorite match of the night was the tag match with Best Friends vs Sabian/Havoc.
Sadly, we only got one Pineapple Pete reference tonight, at least that I caught.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the push....but it’s probably a little too early for this dark order story.

I was hoping for it later this summer though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say.

This Streetfight is the funnest match that i have seen in a While

yeah jt was.

my biggest complaint was they moved back stage during a commercial.

I take a piss and all of a sudden they’re backstage and Matt Hardy is 2 seconds from being a human popsicle

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that they'd give Matt his first loss right off the bat (even though he wasn't pinned). But with P&P there, he and Kenny didn't come out looking bad by any stretch. Surprised that the Bucks weren't around since SCU and Knox all traveled from California.
Cody has been coming across as a heel the past couple of weeks. Last week, he let Darby run into Brandy, knocking her out. This week, he was MIA when Jake and Archer were in the ring with her, putting the snake on her.
After Revolution, I was thinking that they were going to set up MJF vs Moxley but I'm guessing they'll save it since it's not a lot of time for a build. But at the same time, I'm pretty surprised that Brodie Lee would be getting a title shot so early into his run.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah jt was.

my biggest complaint was they moved back stage during a commercial.

I take a piss and all of a sudden they’re backstage and Matt Hardy is 2 seconds from being a human popsicle

Then he gets out, gets in to the golf Cart, tells the Camera man that "this has to be documented" and then starts mowing down Jericho and Guvvera.

tenor.gif