• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Indians

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you people are arguing about? I always wait for @dougplayer to make his prediction on a game, before I say ANYTHING about it. (I'm guessing doug will predict that the Yankees break something off in the Indians....but I want to wait until I see it in writing!)

Couple pages back

Smart money now is on yankees.

What will prevail. Doug's kiss of death or the Indians unbelievable ability to crap their pants. Stay tuned!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprise it's 2-2, I expect this franchise to piss down their legs in the playoffs, theyve done it anytime theyve ever gotten there in my lifetime.

Except last year when they went to extras in game 7 of the World Series.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what was the end result of that game? Leg pissing and a loss.

If you think Cleveland's playoff performance last year was "leg pissing" then you need a whole team of psychiatrists

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Cleveland's playoff performance last year was "leg pissing" then you need a whole team of psychiatrists

They swept in the ALDS and won in 5 in the ALCS, didn't have the chance to piss themselves.

Once you get this franchise in a game 6/7 type situation where the pressure actually starts mounting, they lose all control of their bladder.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess since the Indians have won 27 World Championships, we're spoiled to the point that if we don't win the championship, the season is a complete loss. . .

Wait. What? That's the Yankees? Shit.

In that case, what a great season the Indians had! Given their injuries, they had no business beating the Red Sox, let alone forcing the Cubs into extras of Game 7. AND! They had to do it all on a fraction of the payroll as their opponents because no one goes to see their fucking games.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They swept in the ALDS and won in 5 in the ALCS, didn't have the chance to piss themselves.

Once you get this franchise in a game 6/7 type situation where the pressure actually starts mounting, they lose all control of their bladder.

This is a sports fan fallacy. If the pitcher doesn't leave one up for Zobrist, the Indians win and the whole narrative changes. That's not choking. They played what some call the greatest game 7 in WS history. Heck even Rizzo says only the rain delay was why the Cubs won.

2016 World Series - Wikipedia

Look I get it, being super-pessimistic inoculates your feelings so when they lose, as every team but one eventually does, you are ready for it. But that's no way to be a fan in my opinion.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when I say "everything," I mean they share a name, a ballpark, and Sandy Alomar, Jr.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a sports fan fallacy. If the pitcher doesn't leave one up for Zobrist, the Indians win and the whole narrative changes. That's not choking. They played what some call the greatest game 7 in WS history. Heck even Rizzo says only the rain delay was why the Cubs won.

2016 World Series - Wikipedia

Look I get it, being super-pessimistic inoculates your feelings so when they lose, as every team but one eventually does, you are ready for it. But that's no way to be a fan in my opinion.

The Rain Delay is another great example of how the Indians are just destined to not win the world series.

It definitely was choking though. They had a 3-1 series lead and couldn't close it out. There's no way you can spin that into not being a huge shit your pants choke.

Look at 97,99,07 and last year how they ended up gagging in the post season. If it happens once eh whatever, but 4 times is a trend.

I'm sure you'd look at this through a different perspective if you were actually an Indians fan.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhhh rajai davis and Lonnie chasenhall say hi.

Leg pissing experts in the of.

The only reason rajai Davis the hitter isn’t a World Series legend is cause of rajai davis the cf.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i am thinking like ritarddee, i'm starting chapman for 1 2/3, then i'm bringing in betances for 2, then i would have robertson for 1 1/3, then green for 2 2/3 then since i'm feeling real bad that schreve got time, let him close it!

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rain Delay is another great example of how the Indians are just destined to not win the world series.

It definitely was choking though. They had a 3-1 series lead and couldn't close it out. There's no way you can spin that into not being a huge shit your pants choke.

Look at 97,99,07 and last year how they ended up gagging in the post season. If it happens once eh whatever, but 4 times is a trend.

I'm sure you'd look at this through a different perspective if you were actually an Indians fan.

You have to be Doug.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@StanMarsh51 get's pretty obsessive when he gets on a subject. He pretty much misses the entire point though. The Indians are destined to gag no matter who they end up playing. As history proves.

Here's your problem and I'm sure you've heard it before...whether it be politics or sports, you seem to see everything one sided and don't bother to listen/consider what another side on the topic thinks, and that leads you to get a highly biased viewpoint. And when you get that highly biased viewpoint, you seem to think everything you think is the correct stance, even it's clearly not.

If you had listened to what other people are saying, you would've realized that the Yankees team aren't a team you can easily roll over...

tenor.gif

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't a sharp poster say something about Indians having a let down after last season choke job??
That guy is really smart

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't a sharp poster say something about Indians having a let down after last season choke job??
That guy is really smart

Can't be you as smart and dougplayer doesn't belong in the same sentence