• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested again

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think a team would ever give that up for him, especially with his off field stuff.

I think his value right now is mid to late first round pick.

Is what Von Miller did worse then what Aldon has done? Because I'm pretty sure most teams would give up multiple high picks for Von Miller.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "above reproach" statement was a bad idea.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Von ever arrested? wasnt he just failed drug test? (honestly asking, not sure)

He was arrested for driving with a suspended license or something like that. And he's failed 2 drug tests in 2 years. His 2nd failed test he tried to cover it up and that's why he got 6 games instead of 4.

And why is it "just" a failed drug test? Is a DUI worse then a failed drug test? To an NFL team wouldn't a failed drug test be worse?

Last edited by a moderator:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "above reproach" statement was a bad idea.

I take the context of that quote to mean in the game of football not what grown men do outside of the game with their own personal lives.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I dont think a team would ever give that up for him, especially with his off field stuff.

I think his value right now is mid to late first round pick.

That would get maybe a good left tackle prospect versus maybe one of the best pass rushers of all time. I don't know. If I were a rebuilding team, I'd sure want him.

The problem is the Niners are already contenders and are going to be contenders for a long time IMO; and they don't need someone screwing that up.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was arrested for driving with a suspended license or something like that. And he's failed 2 drug tests in 2 years. His 2nd failed test he tried to cover it up and that's why he got 6 games instead of 4.

And why is it "just" a failed drug test? Is a DUI worse then a failed drug test? To an NFL team wouldn't a failed drug test be worse?

because just a failed drug test is one incident, which is why i asked. aldon has had numerous incidents and is showing a trend

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making excuses because pls read my other post on the last page but miller did pot twice which is dumb as hell and deserved a 6 game suspension but remember von was never caught driving while on or near pot so probably wasnt in a situation to kill others on the road. Aldon has now had a weapons charge for illegal poss of assault rifles... 2 dui's. Now weed... got stabbed at a party and is being sued from someone being shot at the same party... I think... not trolling but think thT is why von has a higher trade value... aldon needs a 4 game suspension and a kick in the ass by the coach which I didnt see in the press confe today in which he said he plans to play aldon... many 9er cans are correct in saying u all have a classy team and ghe coach should finally make a statement

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it hard to hire a babysitter for these guys?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're not moving Aldon... he's definitely got to be on some short leash though... probation or something....

he needs to monitored and treated as a child til the FO feels he can be left unsupervised... but his extension should hit a snag in terms of guarantees

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with the idea of a team based suspension, however there are two report suggesting that the league doesn't want teams suspending players for these situations, instead leaving it to the almighty League Office to do so.

Also, I believe if the team suspends him he still gets paid (team doesn't have the right to suspend without pay), but if the league suspends him, he doesn't get paid for the length of the suspension.

If the league suspends him and he doesn't get paid, that will be a much stronger message than a paid vacation.

On a team note, if the league suspends him and he is not paid, each game check he forfeits is credited to the salary cap and we gain a little cap room.

If true about the league suspensions resulting in no pay, then that NEEDS to be message sent to Aldon...

Aldon needs to cut this fucking crap before the next tree becomes an actual living person.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. It's all about the cheddar, and less about actual public safety. Thing is, cops can actually arrest you even if you're UNDER .08. .08 is just the cut-off line when they HAVE to arrest you. It's all garbage. I fucking hate the lawmakers in this country.

I served as a juror on a drunk driving case years ago. There are (or can be) two separate counts to a drunk driving charge. Driving While Impaired and Driving Under the Influence. You can get a Driving While Impaired conviction and be under .08.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest here. I rather Aldon gets suspended now rather than later. No sense dragging this longer than it has too. I will be pissed if the NFL makes a decision to suspend Aldon on game day. I hope to hear something about this on Sat.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I will be pissed if the NFL makes a decision to suspend Aldon on game day.

That won't matter. He can immediately appeal any decision the NFL makes, so he'll play on Sunday regardless.

But I agree he needs to be suspended more than a game. I hope it's at least 4 games. 6 if possible, but that would be tough.

Maybe this is why he & Von Miller like each other so much. They're both immensely talented douches.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be shocked if its less than a 4 game suspension for Aldon.

Nice to hear supporting encouragement from 49er players about Aldon Smith on friday, but we all know its BS. I'm sure inside the locker room all the leaders spoke with Aldon.

Its about the team to reach the goal of becoming a champion, not a individual who causes more bad news off the field than good plays on the field.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes he will. Mark Grace is a rich and famous MLB player and he got fucked after his 2nd DUI.

I believe the 1st DUI was expunged from his record after he completed some program about being a first time offender, I read something about that maybe a year or so after he was arrested in Florida. Being rich and an NFL player gave him a break the 1st time. I don't think California can use his DUI arrest in Florida against him since legally it never happened after he completed that program, so they have to treat him as a 1st time offender. The NFL however, does not, so I'm sure they'll hand down a 2-4 game suspension eventually.

I can't find the article to prove what I'm saying, but as he was never punished for that DUI in Florida... that should be enough to convince you that I'm not lying or making it up.