• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama will CRUSH the Irish...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, THESE threads always work out.......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not debating that the SEC is a better conference in general. They have consistently proven that. What I am saying is that any notion that Notre Dame will be run off the field because of Bama's speed is ridiculous. All that you have done is prove that the times of Bama (which are extremely generous in certain places) and ND are about the same.

Bama is a great team who has a >50% chance of winning. Unless ND has a turnover parade, it won't be a blowout.

The key is can Bama score in the redzone, bc we all know they are going. To move the ball. And ND has not seen an O-Line, running game, redzone offense, and redzone efficiency like Bama. If they score TDs it will be a blowout. If they dont Bama still wins.

You said NDs team is as fast as or Faster than Bamas. And I dont agree, we can debate 40 times all day, but when we hit the field Bamas defense swarms and you cant say ND is faster. I could care less which team is faster bc I know what team is better.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is can Bama score in the redzone, bc we all know they are going. To move the ball. And ND has not seen an O-Line, running game, redzone offense, and redzone efficiency like Bama. If they score TDs it will be a blowout. If they dont Bama still wins.

You sound like me before a relatively recent game where a one-loss team with an outstanding O-Line took on an undefeated team with a great defense. As much as I wish I were right, I wasn't.

Only time will tell, but my prediction is Alabama 20, Notre Dame 16. I'll be very surprised if either wins by more than 14.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like me before a relatively recent game where a one-loss team with an outstanding O-Line took on an undefeated team with a great defense. As much as I wish I were right, I wasn't.

Only time will tell, but my prediction is Alabama 20, Notre Dame 16. I'll be very surprised if either wins by more than 14.

What game are you speaking of?
And the difference is Saban gets a month to prepare against the "best defense" and he doesnt lose w/ that much time. The last time Kelly had a month to prepare on BCS stage he got slapped around by Gators---just sayn.

With all these ND fans acting like this is the greatest ND team ever, I guess since its been a while, a blowout of an undefeated team is around 10 points in my book. I say Bama 27 Irish 17

Last edited by a moderator:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are comparing Oklahoma to LSU and Texas A&M its a joke. I will give you Stanford but its 10 pts...give your team a pat on the back for that one!

T A&M will destroy Okie. They arent that good, ND fans can stop that talk. And LSU and Texas A&M would both beat Stanford. What you dont understand is teams like LSU and Bama thrive when they play ground and pound teams like Stanford and ND. And nobody in the nation can stop Texas A&M right now.

I hope you arent playing Bowl Mania. Or its a :ss: show

Oklahoma has the same amount of losses, losing to #5 KSU and #1 Notre Dame. TAMU lost to #3 Florida and #8 LSU.

I realize that all you use is speculation to get your points across, but don't try to pass off your opinions as facts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has the same amount of losses, losing to #5 KSU and #1 Notre Dame. TAMU lost to #3 Florida and #8 LSU.

I realize that all you use is speculation to get your points across, but don't try to pass off your opinions as facts.

Just watch the bowls games, and you will realize who these teams really are. SEC shows their true colors every yr during bowl season.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch the bowls games, and you will realize who these teams really are. SEC shows their true colors every yr during bowl season.

What you fail to realize is that the A&M offense is nothing special to OU. They see it damn near every week. Aggy isn't unstoppable on ANY level. We'll see if OU has the players to stop them or not, but don't act like because they beat Bama they are invincable. Hell Ole Miss almost beat them!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What you fail to realize is that the A&M offense is nothing special to OU. They see it damn near every week. Aggy isn't unstoppable on ANY level. We'll see if OU has the players to stop them or not, but don't act like because they beat Bama they are invincable. Hell Ole Miss almost beat them!

They didnt beat us because they run a spread offense, contrary to many idiots beliefs. They beat us because they have one of the best Olines in college football, bc Johnny Heisman played lights out, bc we failed to adjust to covering the short throws we had been previously covering with a LB (but now cover with a cb Geno Smith as seen in the UGA game) and bc they have two big tough WRs in Evans and Swope. It wasnt any one of these things, though the oline was the most important, but a combination of the entirety.

Football is game of matchups so OU may actually give them a really good game, and win, but their Oline is no joke and better than anything OU has faced all year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Okie has seen them Manziel-less and they are playn their best football now. We will see if the month break makes a difference.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didnt beat us because they run a spread offense, contrary to many idiots beliefs. They beat us because they have one of the best Olines in college football, bc Johnny Heisman played lights out, bc we failed to adjust to covering the short throws we had been previously covering with a LB (but now cover with a cb Geno Smith as seen in the UGA game) and bc they have two big tough WRs in Evans and Swope. It wasnt any one of these things, though the oline was the most important, but a combination of the entirety.

Football is game of matchups so OU may actually give them a really good game, and win, but their Oline is no joke and better than anything OU has faced all year.

This is true, but Swopes is a midget WR.......the blueprint to shut them down is already out there. You take away the short passes, and spy Manziel. It's not that difficult to do, unless you don't have the athletes to do it.

Once again - this is NOTHING new to OU. Manziel is really not that different from Geno Smith, or Baylor's QB, or even Texas Tech's QB, despite all the overhype most of you give him. 99% of the Big 12 runs the same offense with QBs that are just as effective as A&M is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...and dont let anyone tell you differently.

Offensively they are very average running the ball, and below average throwing it. Golson is a smart QB that knows his limitations and does pretty well rolling out and throwing on the run but his delivery is slow and lacks the ability to consistantly get the ball down the field. Golson is good on his feet, like i mentioned rolling out, but hes not anywhere as dangerous as Johnny Manziel in either speed or deception, plus they dont run a spread so there isnt as much a wide field to run into so dont expect him to get much on the ground either. To sum it up they arent a very good offensive team, lack any explosive plays, and are very predictable.

Defensively they are slightly above average. Their Dline is good but not any better than any other SEC team we have successfully ran on. They do have a good run stuffing lineman in #9 Nix, but he can be easily game planned for by the best Oline in the country. Teo is good but very overrated, and will not even be the best LB we have faced all year. Ogletree and Minter are both more talented, Jarvis Jones is a stronger pass rusher, and we go against Mosley every day in practive.

Prob the worst part about their team is their secondary, its atrocious. Expect McCarron to have a big game and all our WRs will contribute not just Cooper, Norwood and Christion Jones as well. None of their guys posses the ability cover 1 on 1 and leave big gaps in zone coverage.

The irish's best bet is to pray for rain, a sloppy muddy game is their only chance. If this game was in a dome on turf where our team speed could really take over we would win by 20 easily.

Bump :grin:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea pretty spot on. +rep

I did my research was no homerism. I corrected a few things after watching the USC game. They are a spread passing team. Would have been better off being balanced with C Wood instead of Riddick.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call. I gave ND waay too much credit and I was completely wrong in this thread.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama throwing game is nothing special. My sooners on the other hand have a superior air attack and ND shut them down pretty good. Your receivers are not going to light them up nor is your QB.

Bama won't be crushing ND but who am I kidding you sec queers think a 7 point win is a blowout.

OD 2.0