• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama will CRUSH the Irish...

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread DOES have serious "OD type" backlash potential!!

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little confidence never hurt anything..... Bama has all the tools to "crush" ND. Of course if it doesn't happen the hate will be of seismic proportions. But that hate was gonna happen whether this thread was posted or not.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will over by half time, Bama easily and I'm from Cali.

That SEC speed way too much for a team that should have lost to Pitt.

Hey look, the "expert" doesn't even realize that Notre Dame is as fast as Alabama. Maybe faster. Why do people think that a bunch of 4 star recruits are slower than Alabama? Notre Dame has focused on attracting track stars for years.

They almost lost to Pitt because Pitt has the best play caller in America.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look, the "expert" doesn't even realize that Notre Dame is as fast as Alabama. Maybe faster. Why do people think that a bunch of 4 star recruits are slower than Alabama? Notre Dame has focused on attracting track stars for years.

Seems like they could've managed better than a 6-6 season.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hereby exempting myself from any crow eating after this game. I think it will be close, but we win.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful OP, you don't want anyone to think Notre Dame is the underdog or anything.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they could've managed better than a 6-6 season.

You do know that there is more to football than play calling, or even coaching.

Even your beloved Nick Saban (who may be the best coach of all-time) was 25-22 in his first four years in East Lansing. Do you think he is a bad coach too?

(And FWIW, Saban was also a giant killer even when he had shitty teams. The motivation is the highest to gameplan and for the players to execute well. But don't let reality get in your way.)

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that there is more to football than play calling, or even coaching.

Even your beloved Nick Saban (who may be the best coach of all-time) was 25-22 in his first four years in East Lansing. Do you think he is a bad coach too?

(And FWIW, Saban was also a giant killer even when he had shitty teams. The motivation is the highest to gameplan and for the players to execute well. But don't let reality get in your way.)

Who said anything about bad coaching?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his infamous 2006 prediction "Florida doesn't have a chance," I want to hear Herbstreit make a call on this game.

If any team doesn't have a chance, it's ND in this game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha. Im sooooo sure, what are you smokin?!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Im sooooo sure, what are you smokin?!

Go ahead and tell me how I am wrong. Bennett Jackson is faster than any of the Bama defenders, and that is their supposed "slow area." George Atkinson has run a 10.25 100 meter dash before. Golson is clearly the faster quarterback. And ND has just as fast of a front seven. Hell, even Devaris Daniels, who is not a speed receiver by any definition, has a faster 40 time than all but one of the Alabama receivers, and that is ND's slowest position.

And as for Chryst, the guy had two teams where he was calling games for truly elite sets of players. Those teams put up 45 and 41 PPG in a no-gimmick, down your throat, Pro-Style offense. He had a QB with the highest QB Rating ever. A running back with the most TDs ever. And an offense that scored more than 28 every game despite playing five top twenty defenses.

So go ahead and tell me how I am wrong.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and tell me how I am wrong. Bennett Jackson is faster than any of the Bama defenders, and that is their supposed "slow area." George Atkinson has run a 10.25 100 meter dash before. Golson is clearly the faster quarterback. And ND has just as fast of a front seven. Hell, even Devaris Daniels, who is not a speed receiver by any definition, has a faster 40 time than all but one of the Alabama receivers, and that is ND's slowest position.

And as for Chryst, the guy had two teams where he was calling games for truly elite sets of players. Those teams put up 45 and 41 PPG in a no-gimmick, down your throat, Pro-Style offense. He had a QB with the highest QB Rating ever. A running back with the most TDs ever. And an offense that scored more than 28 every game despite playing five top twenty defenses.

So go ahead and tell me how I am wrong.

Other than Florida when you talk about teams as a whole swarming to the ball, I would put Bama right up there. It is more about speed, even though they have it, awareness. When you talk about SEC linebackers, you talk about big 240 pounds guys running 4.5 and 4.4. It has been like that for past 5 to 10 year, look at the NFL, the past has proved it. ND has not seen a defense even close to the speed Bama has all year.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Florida when you talk about teams as a whole swarming to the ball, I would put Bama right up there. It is more about speed, even though they have it, awareness. When you talk about SEC linebackers, you talk about big 240 pounds guys running 4.5 and 4.4. It has been like that for past 5 to 10 year, look at the NFL, the past has proved it. ND has not seen a defense even close to the speed Bama has all year.

:couch2:

It's not SEC speed, it's SEC awareness! :pound: The excuses y'all make when numbers prove you wrong are priceless! Example:

Notre Dame DID NOT shut down the OU passing attack. Actually the OU passing attack ran rampart through the ND defense until it reached the redzone where the defense condensed and the poor OU running game was unable to take over. .

Oklahoma reached the redzone 4 times, scoring 3 of those times, the last was when time expired in the 4th. :L

When i said reached the redzone i was talking in more generals, since i didnt actually count how many times they went literally inside the 20 yard line.

Last edited by a moderator: