• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama will CRUSH the Irish...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...and dont let anyone tell you differently.

Offensively they are very average running the ball, and below average throwing it. Golson is a smart QB that knows his limitations and does pretty well rolling out and throwing on the run but his delivery is slow and lacks the ability to consistantly get the ball down the field. Golson is good on his feet, like i mentioned rolling out, but hes not anywhere as dangerous as Johnny Manziel in either speed or deception, plus they dont run a spread so there isnt as much a wide field to run into so dont expect him to get much on the ground either. To sum it up they arent a very good offensive team, lack any explosive plays, and are very predictable.

Defensively they are slightly above average. Their Dline is good but not any better than any other SEC team we have successfully ran on. They do have a good run stuffing lineman in #9 Nix, but he can be easily game planned for by the best Oline in the country. Teo is good but very overrated, and will not even be the best LB we have faced all year. Ogletree and Minter are both more talented, Jarvis Jones is a stronger pass rusher, and we go against Mosley every day in practive.

Prob the worst part about their team is their secondary, its atrocious. Expect McCarron to have a big game and all our WRs will contribute not just Cooper, Norwood and Christion Jones as well. None of their guys posses the ability cover 1 on 1 and leave big gaps in zone coverage.

The irish's best bet is to pray for rain, a sloppy muddy game is their only chance. If this game was in a dome on turf where our team speed could really take over we would win by 20 easily.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively they are slightly above average. Their Dline is good but not any better than any other SEC team we have successfully ran on. They do have a good run stuffing lineman in #9 Nix, but he can be easily game planned for by the best Oline in the country. Teo is good but very overrated, and will not even be the best LB we have faced all year. Ogletree and Minter are both more talented, Jarvis Jones is a stronger pass rusher, and we go against Mosley every day in practive.

Prob the worst part about their team is their secondary, its atrocious. Expect McCarron to have a big game and all our WRs will contribute not just Cooper, Norwood and Christion Jones as well. None of their guys posses the ability cover 1 on 1 and leave big gaps in zone coverage.

The irish's best bet is to pray for rain, a sloppy muddy game is their only chance. If this game was in a dome on turf where our team speed could really take over we would win by 20 easily.

Hilarious

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like to throw it out there and sound all arrogant, but I agree with most.

The front 7 is good, but so is our front 7. And we have the better secondary, so I think we have the better defense. I believe Bama is better on both sides of the ball, but it doesn't matter what we think, gotta get it done on the field.

I can't wait to see our offensive line vs their front 7.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hilarious

Have you guys developed any cornerbacks since TCU? I remember when you guys played then and they kept throwing those quick out passes and your slow linebackers turned cornerbacks couldnt cover or tackle anyone in space. Oh well, at least you guys get to play stanford, better matchup for you guys.

By the way what should i put on the chances of your team losing that game? Im thinking somewhere between 18-27 confidence points for bowl mania. How confident are you that Wisky loses?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys developed any cornerbacks since TCU? I remember when you guys played then and they kept throwing those quick out passes and your slow linebackers turned cornerbacks couldnt cover or tackle anyone in space. Oh well, at least you guys get to play stanford, better matchup for you guys.

By the way what should i put on the chances of your team losing that game? Im thinking somewhere between 18-27 confidence points for bowl mania. How confident are you that Wisky loses?

I don't think Stanford will be able to score much on us. We have a very good defense (better than the 2010 version, who limited TCU to 300 yards of total offense). When our offensive line holds their own, we have a great offense as well. I like our chances if our team can stay focused with Bielema leaving. Putting 18-27 confidence points against a team whose worst loss was three points is probably a bad idea.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and dont let anyone tell you differently.

Offensively they are very average running the ball, and below average throwing it. Golson is a smart QB that knows his limitations and does pretty well rolling out and throwing on the run but his delivery is slow and lacks the ability to consistantly get the ball down the field. Golson is good on his feet, like i mentioned rolling out, but hes not anywhere as dangerous as Johnny Manziel in either speed or deception, plus they dont run a spread so there isnt as much a wide field to run into so dont expect him to get much on the ground either. To sum it up they arent a very good offensive team, lack any explosive plays, and are very predictable.

Defensively they are slightly above average. Their Dline is good but not any better than any other SEC team we have successfully ran on. They do have a good run stuffing lineman in #9 Nix, but he can be easily game planned for by the best Oline in the country. .

So, why is it relevant that Texas AM can gameplan for Notre Dame?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, why is it relevant that Texas AM can gameplan for Notre Dame?

Their Oline was very good, ours is slightly better. TAMU was def up there though, had more to do with TAMU's defeat of us than Johnny Manziel's escape plays. Their ability to create a consistant push inside for Malena on first and second down made converting the short 3rd downs a lot more probable.

In the end, the loss of TAMU's two OT's plus their other lineman will be more than the growth of Johnny Manziel, making them no better than the 2 loss team they were this year. Im glad Bama gets them early next year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a potential OD thread here.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M has an offensive line that rivals Alabama's with two stud tackles in Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews. (Johnny Manziel Heisman Trophy win precedes Cotton Bowl match for Texas A&M; beats out Manti Te'o | abc7chicago.com)

Also, I don't have ESPN insider, but who did Kiper and McShay rate as the number one offensive line midway through the season? Mel Kiper and Todd McShay's position-group All-America teams - NCF - ESPN

I know Alabama has a good oline with Fluker and Warmack, but IMO TAMUs is better.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their Oline was very good, ours is slightly better. TAMU was def up there though, had more to do with TAMU's defeat of us than Johnny Manziel's escape plays. Their ability to create a consistant push inside for Malena on first and second down made converting the short 3rd downs a lot more probable.

In the end, the loss of TAMU's two OT's plus their other lineman will be more than the growth of Johnny Manziel, making them no better than the 2 loss team they were this year. Im glad Bama gets them early next year.

:nod:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a potential OD thread here.

Indeed. I'm just looking forward to the game. You can look at each team on paper til you're blue in the face but it really doesn't mean anything in a game like this as far as I'm concerned. Whichever team comes in more prepared mentally and physically and can execute their gameplan the best will come away with the win. I can't see a situation where either team "crushes" the other.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance: you're in for a surprise bamer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know Alabama has a good oline with Fluker and Warmack, but IMO TAMUs is better.

Warmack will be a top 10 pick this year, Fluker will most likely go in the first round as well. Barret Jones can play 3 diff positions though he rates best as guard in the NFL, so he will likely go 2nd round this year. Kouandjio will prob be a first round Left tackle in next years draft. So that leaves only Steen who is a very good college lineman but wont be drafted as high. Also you add in Michael Williams who is one of the best blocking TEs in the league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see a situation where either team "crushes" the other.

Thats bcuz you keep looking on paper. Try watching their games. In the last week ive rewatched the games of Notre Dame vs Pitt, Stanford, and Oklahoma.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats bcuz you keep looking on paper. Try watching their games. In the last week ive rewatched the games of Notre Dame vs Pitt, Stanford, and Oklahoma.

Or it could be because we haven't crushed any good team we've played this season and ND is a good team. You don't go undefeated in D1 football without being good. I will say I'm more confident in Bama winning this game than I was for the UGA game...... whatever that means. This is one case where I'd be more than happy to be wrong, I just don't see a blowout happening.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warmack will be a top 10 pick this year, Fluker will most likely go in the first round as well. Barret Jones can play 3 diff positions though he rates best as guard in the NFL, so he will likely go 2nd round this year. Kouandjio will prob be a first round Left tackle in next years draft. So that leaves only Steen who is a very good college lineman but wont be drafted as high. Also you add in Michael Williams who is one of the best blocking TEs in the league.

Did McShay and Kiper rate them as the best unit? Like i said, i don't have insider, but i think they rated Texas AM. Luke Joeckel is the best OL in the country and i think he'll be drafted before Warmack but im not sure. Jake Matthews is going to be a first round pick as well. The center for TAMU, Patrick Lewis, probably won't be drafted, but is a four year starter (at center). They're both really good lines, but i would give the edge to AM. Also, by the end of the Alabama - TAMU game it almost looked like your dline wasn't trying because AM was so dominant lol. So, maybe your oline would look as good against your dline but thats what im making my decision off of lol

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama throwing game is nothing special. My sooners on the other hand have a superior air attack and ND shut them down pretty good. Your receivers are not going to light them up nor is your QB.

Bama won't be crushing ND but who am I kidding you sec queers think a 7 point win is a blowout.