• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama players getting paid?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Maybe this is old just saw on twitter. Writer suggests alabama could get stripped of wins, titles if players do fluker, mark Barron proved ineligible. Unlikely but possible

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one source that is never wrong. Yahoo.

See these guise sniffing around... You are fucked.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the same writer that broke the Miami story?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one source that is never wrong. Yahoo.

See these guise sniffing around... You are fucked.

Lol. I still think nothing will come out of this. They can have all the evidence in the world and the NCAA seems to fuck it up, unless it involves tOSU. Fucking bastads.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I still think nothing will come out of this. They can have all the evidence in the world and the NCAA seems to fuck it up, unless it involves tOSU. Fucking bastads.

example of when the NCAA had verified evidence and didn't drop hammer?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Documents, text messages reveal impermissible benefits to five SEC players

CLICK LINK FOR FULL ARTICLE

Y! SPORTS

Five Southeastern Conference football stars violated NCAA rules by receiving extra benefits prior to completing their collegiate careers, a Yahoo Sports investigation has found. The benefits – which in some cases came from multiple individuals – were conveyed to University of Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, University of Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray, Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State University defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Mississippi State wideout Chad Bumphis.

The identities of these players were revealed in a web of financial and text message records belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive end Luther Davis. The records were turned over to Yahoo Sports by a source with ties to the NFL agent community who alleged that Davis was acting as an intermediary between several high-profile college football stars and multiple NFL agents and financial advisers.

Davis declined to comment for this story. However, Yahoo Sports was able to authenticate text message records, Western Union fund transfers, banking statements, flight receipts and other financial material linking both Davis and the five college football players. Yahoo Sports also found that three NFL agents and three financial advisers engaged Davis in transactions totaling $45,550. The three agents were Andy Simms, Peter Schaffer and John Phillips. The financial advisers were Jason Jernigan, Mike Rowan and Hodge Brahmbhatt.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this is getting swept under the rug. :doh: SEC=no punishment.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three NFL agents and a financial adviser told Yahoo Sports

Whats their motivation?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way different that the OUS deal. Yahoo supplies all the info to back up their claims. SI, did not. Not even close...

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this is getting swept under the rug. :doh: SEC=no punishment.

Most likely. Probably wont even get a decision for like 2-3 years. Are they really gonna punish 3 different sec schools heavily? Unlikely. They will try to say the coaches didn't know. Of course that didn't matter with USC sanctions. USC was implied that even tho Reggie bush had a house provided for his family 300 miles away in San Diego they still should have known. So lets uphold the standard now. Can't remember who it was maybe Oregon but think they lost like 1 scholarship. Regardless I don't think it's going to be something hard.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Oregon thing all over again. Even if there is substantial proof of wrong doing here they aren't likely to do much about it because they don't want to bring down 4 programs in one scandal.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Oregon thing all over again. Even if there is substantial proof of wrong doing here they aren't likely to do much about it because they don't want to bring down 4 programs in one scandal.

Oregon players never took money.
THey overpaid a recruiting service for 1 guy and I told you for months it isn't Lack of Institutional Control and the punishment would be minor.

This is Reggie Bush all over again bro.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Yahoo being behind this, i will await the physical proof and not the supposed records of conversations and invoices they have. When the NCAA gets involved and says its so, then I will believe it, till then I am holding out hope. My question is why is this "source" outing people and what connection did he have in this. Alabama has laws on the books that will hammer those responsible for improprieties connected with its college sports programs, so this could be equally bad for the "source" if he had a connection to any of it.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely. Probably wont even get a decision for like 2-3 years. Are they really gonna punish 3 different sec schools heavily? Unlikely. They will try to say the coaches didn't know. Of course that didn't matter with USC sanctions. USC was implied that even tho Reggie bush had a house provided for his family 300 miles away in San Diego they still should have known. So lets uphold the standard now. Can't remember who it was maybe Oregon but think they lost like 1 scholarship. Regardless I don't think it's going to be something hard.

Agreed.

More than likely ESPN and the NCAA are moving to protect the SEC in anyway they can. This will quickly be a non-issue once it even becomes an issue, if it ever becomes an issue.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh wow surprise surprise?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon players never took money.
THey overpaid a recruiting service for 1 guy and I told you for months it isn't Lack of Institutional Control and the punishment would be minor.

This is Reggie Bush all over again bro.

First of all I agreed with you all throughout that process didn't I? Second of all there were reports that the NCAA wanted to do more to make an example out of Oregon for the recruiting service infractions, but didn't because of the other schools that also used him and their infractions and not wanting to make this into a wider deal. That's the correlation here, not the severity. Obviously paying players instead of guys to bring you players is worse.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

More than likely ESPN and the NCAA are moving to protect the SEC in anyway they can. This will quickly be a non-issue once it even becomes an issue, if it ever becomes an issue.

Agreed

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was already public knowledge that Tyler Bray was getting paid