• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama lost because of playcalling

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch it again. It's clearly the superman thing. That's not debatable.

I have already deleted it off the DVR. Either way when a game is decided by 14 points penaltys really decide nothing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already deleted it off the DVR. Either way when a game is decided by 14 points penaltys really decide nothing.

True, I thought the game. Was very well officiated aside from those two things, and they did an excellent job not influencing the game themselves.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma probably would have beat any team in the country last night the way they played.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has a huge target on their back. A team like OU is the perfect type team to put an arrow smack in the middle of it and they did!

Now onto next year where if Alabama can find a QB :yahoo: Only losing 4 starters and a great recruiting class coming in to go with all the others! Also the discovery of Derrick Henry! This team is going to explode one year!!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma probably would have beat any team in the country last night

They definitely played well and they deserved to win. The thread title might not be precisely accurate, but 'Bama definitely hurt itself by not running Henry a lot more than they did. Might not have changed the outcome, but it definitely, in my opinion, gave them a much better shot than continuing to take sacks and have AJ run for his life.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely played well and they deserved to win. The thread title might not be precisely accurate, but 'Bama definitely hurt itself by not running Henry a lot more than they did. Might not have changed the outcome, but it definitely, in my opinion, gave them a much better shot than continuing to take sacks and have AJ run for his life.

Well I have a hard time faulting the offense when the defense is unable to get a stop from the very start of the game. If the defense gets stops to start the game and eventually wears out and hasn't gotten any offensive support for the game, then I can see blaming the offense. But the defense never stepped up. The only early stop we got was an Interception that was the result of a receiver bobbling the ball - a receiver who would have been on the way to the races likely if he had caught it. Instead the ball bounced into the hands of an Alabama defender which was lucky because he was there to catch it because he wasn't with the receiver.

But it would have been a nice big break if we had converted that into a 14 point lead rather than turning the ball right back over. Then you likely would have seen some heavy doses of running.

And a big part of the defense never stepping up is that Oklahoma was executing like crazy. Passes that were near impossible to defend, and they were hitting them over and over.

Alabama could have ran the ball more and maybe slowed things down overall. But if your defense isn't getting stops, it's not really going to matter.

As for Henry specifically, he was our 3rd string RB, and has had some struggles coming into the game. He might not even be in our top 2 RB's next season either. Not only are Yeldon and Drake ahead of him on the depth chart(Rumor is Drake got in trouble during the IB for attitude and that moved Henry to the #2 spot for this game) Although he played very well and if he continues that he will likely make it in the top 2, it's unrealistic to think they are going to game plan for a 3rd string RB(or 2nd string in this game).

Just got outplayed.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea trevor knight playing out of his fucking mind is why OU won. I just wanna know will he play like this next year or is this a one time thing? If he can play like this OU is definately one of the 4 in the playoff next year. IMO

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma was the better team last night. Since the VT game, where the offensive line sucked, I've thought we weren't as good as our ranking. aTm proved our defense wasn't that good. Our pass defense has been suspect all year. Turnovers killed us, but that's the way it goes. We just got our ass beat!

Defense should be better next year. Derrick Henry will probably be featured in the offense. My main concern is QB.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea trevor knight playing out of his fucking mind is why OU won. I just wanna know will he play like this next year or is this a one time thing? If he can play like this OU is definately one of the 4 in the playoff next year. IMO

For OU's sake we better hope he can continue to play like that next year, he'll have almost a new line in front of him and unproven backs really. Though Ford could be difference maker in the backfield.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma was the better team last night. Since the VT game, where the offensive line sucked, I've thought we weren't as good as our ranking. aTm proved our defense wasn't that good. Our pass defense has been suspect all year. Turnovers killed us, but that's the way it goes. We just got our ass beat!

Defense should be better next year. Derrick Henry will probably be featured in the offense. My main concern is QB.

Kind of the way I saw Bama too, but everybody kept saying they were a great team. I just didn't see it but then I thought last night would be more defense than offense...so what do I know?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it OU's playcalling that did them in?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

Sup now?

Nuttin much...watching Jr. get embarrassed by DRINKY Finkel and the Defectors (cool band name).

Thinking about having a smoke.

Wondering why I can't win the lottery.

Thinking about getting tickets and lodging for next year's NCG.

You know...same ol' same ol'.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuttin much...watching Jr. get embarrassed by DRINKY Finkel and the Defectors (cool band name).

Thinking about having a smoke.

Wondering why I can't win the lottery.

Thinking about getting tickets and lodging for next year's NCG.

You know...same ol' same ol'.

Good times.