• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama lost because of playcalling

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to the Bama program, but they lost because they got punch in the mouth, had their knees buckle, and worried more about standing back up than punching a Sooner back in the mouth.

I'd say the 5 turnovers had more to do with it than anything, including 3 from McCarron alone.

Alabama was really doing whatever they wanted offensively, even with the 7 sacks. The AA McCarron really hurt them last night despite throwing for over 380 yards. Hell, who can't throw for over 380 yards when all you have to do is throw a screen pass and watch Cooper take for 50+? While he made a couple of nice throws down the field, his numerous mistakes overshadowed those plays.

How does Henry only have 8 carries? He should have had 28. OU wanted no part of that guy. 9 touches for 161 yards. Are you fucking kidding me?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was really doing whatever they wanted offensively, even with the 7 sacks.

:wtf2:

Derrick Knight was doing whatever he wanted when he got the ball, though I suspect he wanted to get it more than times. AL coaches should have wanted the same.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

Derrick Henry was doing whatever he wanted when he got the ball, though I suspect he wanted to get it more than 9 times. AL coaches should have wanted the same.

FIFY

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the 5 turnovers had more to do with it than anything, including 3 from McCarron alone.

Alabama was really doing whatever they wanted offensively, even with the 7 sacks. The AA McCarron really hurt them last night despite throwing for over 380 yards. Hell, who can't throw for over 380 yards when all you have to do is throw a screen pass and watch Cooper take for 50+? While he made a couple of nice throws down the field, his numerous mistakes overshadowed those plays.

How does Henry only have 8 carries? He should have had 28. OU wanted no part of that guy. 9 touches for 161 yards. Are you fucking kidding me?

Respect you and not being a total shitstick, but 5 turnovers and 7 sacks was 1/5 of the Bama offensive output. Don't see how this is " having their way" by any meassure. Having tneir way when OUs defense wasn't having their way, I get.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To beat Bama these days a team has to play very good football and OU did! The only thing Bama can do is control what they do and they did have some very untimely costly penalties and mistakes. Unnecessary block in the back on punt return TD. A grounding the ball on AJ close to the tackle box that cost them because they were around OU's 35. That forced them to punt. A PI call on 3rd down when Alabama desperately needed a stop. A missed 32 yard field goal. The only issue I had and it was costly was when the OU guy took his helmet off and no one even blinked. The missed field goal was on the non helmet call drive. The only reason I point that out is because that is not subjective. It flat out happened. Holds are subjective and fans of both teams will always say the other team got away with them. I do wish Alabama would have run more. AJ has had games where he gets happy feet and quits looking downfield. That happened last night. OU had a lot to do with that but running would have prevented that. Bottom line is the OP can say play calling cost them but Bama had 516 total net yards so if play calling was so bad how did that happen? The problem was 4 turnovers turned into 28 points by OU. Attacking aggressive defense, great QB and WR play by OU is what won the game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To beat Bama these days a team has to play very good football and OU did! The only thing Bama can do is control what they do and they did have some very untimely costly penalties and mistakes. Unnecessary block in the back on punt return TD. A grounding the ball on AJ close to the tackle box that cost them because they were around OU's 35. That forced them to punt. A PI call on 3rd down when Alabama desperately needed a stop. A missed 32 yard field goal. The only issue I had and it was costly was when the OU guy took his helmet off and no one even blinked. The missed field goal was on the non helmet call drive. The only reason I point that out is because that is not subjective. It flat out happened. Holds are subjective and fans of both teams will always say the other team got away with them. I do wish Alabama would have run more. AJ has had games where he gets happy feet and quits looking downfield. That happened last night. OU had a lot to do with that but running would have prevented that. Bottom line is the OP can say play calling cost them but Bama had 516 total net yards so if play calling was so bad how did that happen? The problem was 4 turnovers turned into 28 points by OU. Attacking aggressive defense, great QB and WR play by OU is what won the game.

That play where he took his helmet off happened on the drive where Oklahoma had to kick off 15 yards deeper due to a bull shit unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Saunders. It evened out.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is not a team that's built for a shootout. They should have slowed the game down in the 1st half by sticking with the run. Instead they tried to keep up with Oklahoma, and they lost.

Saban can be incredibly stubborn, and he firmly believes his plans are perfect so long as they are well-executed. We can see that mentality in his pressers, when he blames players for not executing the plan.

Most who watched the game believe Bama should have run the ball much more, but that wasn't part of Saban's game plan - so it wasn't going to happen.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you kidding me. OU 11 flags for 95 yds. BAMA 6 for 45. Even this stat out and the Sooners win by 21.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect you and not being a total shitstick, but 5 turnovers and 7 sacks was 1/5 of the Bama offensive output. Don't see how this is " having their way" by any meassure. Having tneir way when OUs defense wasn't having their way, I get.

They had 516 yards of offense, even with all of those sacks.

In my opinion, Alabama should have run the ball more. They were really beginning to take control of that game in the 3rd quarter by running the football, and when TJ fumbled they kind of panicked and got away from the run.

Instead of 30 passes and 35 rushes, it should have been more like 25 and 40. Hell, maybe even 20 and 45. AJ is much more effective with play-action as opposed to sitting in the 'gun and throwing it around.

To me, the 5 TOs compared to 1 for Oklahoma was the story of the game. Lets not forget that Bama had the ball with just under a minute to go and a very real chance of sending that game into OT. Cooper, Henry, and White were having their way with OU all game. I don't think it would have surprised anybody if they put that thing in the end zone if not for yet another great play from Striker.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had 516 yards of offense, even with all of those sacks.

In my opinion, Alabama should have run the ball more. They were really beginning to take control of that game in the 3rd quarter by running the football, and when TJ fumbled they kind of panicked and got away from the run.

Instead of 30 passes and 35 rushes, it should have been more like 25 and 40. Hell, maybe even 20 and 45. AJ is much more effective with play-action as opposed to sitting in the 'gun and throwing it around.

To me, the 5 TOs compared to 1 for Oklahoma was the story of the game. Lets not forget that Bama had the ball with just under a minute to go and a very real chance of sending that game into OT. Cooper, Henry, and White were having their way with OU all game. I don't think it would have surprised anybody if they put that thing in the end zone if not for yet another great play from Striker.

Husker, IMO you are a classy poster, know your shit, and are making a valid point. With that said, I say ok.:suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me. OU 11 flags for 95 yds. BAMA 6 for 45. Even this stat out and the Sooners win by 21.

BoiseMike try to put all that in perspective before you make an invalid point and your "Are you kidding me." 30 of those yards were on unsportsmanlike on last TD when it didn't matter a few others were like that as well. One was a delay of game on purpose. I promise the penalties on Alabama were more costly then the other way around. Now all a sudden it's 8 penalties for 60 yards. The unsportsmanslike on Saunders is subjective. Yeldon got one against A&M for what looked like a throat slash but was meant to be the superman gesture. Saban was pissed at Yeldon! A player taking his helmet off in celebration is pretty straight forward.

I said I had no problem with the refs one bit except for the one call which was pretty easy to see. A celebration penalty is a judgement call. Depends on how a ref sees it. However, a player taking a helmet off is a player taking off a helmet. Didn't say that won the damn game I just said it should have been called. The other penalties against Alabama were all legit penalties.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would McCarron have been sacked 7 times if they weren't playing from the shotgun for 3/4 of the game?

This is exactly my point. It's hard to sack him before he hands off to Yeldon or Henry. And OU's defense is built to shut down spread offenses.

i think the cheesehead is on to something

not sure if they would have won, but i was very surprised that the bumps ditched the run game

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoiseMike try to put all that in perspective before you make an invalid point and your "Are you kidding me." 30 of those yards were on unsportsmanlike on last TD when it didn't matter a few others were like that as well. One was a delay of game on purpose. I promise the penalties on Alabama were more costly then the other way around. Now all a sudden it's 8 penalties for 60 yards. The unsportsmanslike on Saunders is subjective. Yeldon got one against A&M for what looked like a throat slash but was meant to be the superman gesture. Saban was pissed at Yeldon! A player taking his helmet off in celebration is pretty straight forward.

I said I had no problem with the refs one bit except for the one call which was pretty easy to see. A celebration penalty is a judgement call. Depends on how a ref sees it. However, a player taking a helmet off is a player taking off a helmet. Didn't say that won the damn game I just said it should have been called. The other penalties against Alabama were all legit penalties.
Well at least the refs werent as bad as the Iron bowl. A bullshit hold on OJ Howard late. A bullshit false start on arie koundjio. And alot of bad spots against Bama.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the cheesehead is on to something

not sure if they would have won, but i was very surprised that the bumps ditched the run game

*gumps

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a mistake that Henry got only nine touches, since he had 161 yards and two TDs on those nine touches. Crazy that 'Bama continued to play to the strength of the OU defense.

mind boggling

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That penalty on Saunders really isn't subjective. They said he did the throat slash, which is against the rules. He didn't, he did the super man thing, which is perfectly legal. What is so subjective about that?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he did the throat slash motion he just did it in front of his chest. The penalty is debateable. I probably wouldnt have called it. But the helmet thing was just flat out missed.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play where he took his helmet off happened on the drive where Oklahoma had to kick off 15 yards deeper due to a bull shit unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Saunders. It evened out.

:nod:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he did the throat slash motion he just did it in front of his chest. The penalty is debateable. I probably wouldnt have called it. But the helmet thing was just flat out missed.

Watch it again. It's clearly the superman thing. That's not debatable.