• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama is not a Redneck Fanbase

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude.....the states report the crimes. the fbi just documents those reportings

Just wondering if you realize how stupid it makes you sound when you start every post with DUDE. Try using LIKE instead, they we will just think you are a girl and ignore some of your general bitchiness.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi only has 750,000 people, which is less than the entire city of San Jose, California. Their largest city is Jackson, which is 79.4% black. Which is also their highest crime rate city, so most crimes are not likely to be racially motivated. That city doesn't even register on the list of most violent cities in the US, and of course no city in Mississippi does.

Overall, Mississippi ranks in the top half in overall crime and is one of the safer states to live in. Like WAY safer than most areas. I live in Tennessee which was recently named one of the most dangerous cities, mostly because of Memphis.

I get what you are saying and all, but there are other factors involved except "uh, Mississippi, come on man".

dude mississippi ranks about 35th in crime rates, by no means are they a safe state

and we are not talking about marginal difference's in hate crime reporting. we are talking about rates that are half or even a 10th of where they should be.

is california 2500x larger than mississippi?????? then we do they report 2500 hate crimes for every time mississippi reports one???? thats an INSANE disparity

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if you realize how stupid it makes you sound when you start every post with DUDE. Try using LIKE instead, they we will just think you are a girl and ignore some of your general bitchiness.

ok......fine

now please explain the part where the feds report this stuff, the feds prosecute this stuff and theres no such thing as local law enforcement, local courts, local prosecutors.......

when i call you out for being wrong on something and your response is "you use dude too much" who looks like a dumbass????

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude mississippi ranks about 35th in crime rates, by no means are they a safe state

and we are not talking about marginal difference's in hate crime reporting. we are talking about rates that are half or even a 10th of where they should be.

is california 2500x larger than mississippi?????? then we do they report 2500 hate crimes for every time mississippi reports one???? thats an INSANE disparity

So lets just make stuff up huh?

United States Peace Index 2011: Violent Crime Ranking

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok......fine

now please explain the part where the feds report this stuff, the feds prosecute this stuff and theres no such thing as local law enforcement, local courts, local prosecutors.......

when i call you out for being wrong on something and your response is "you use dude too much" who looks like a dumbass????

Well, since I didn't make any of the arguments you are ranting about, I'm guessing it's still you that looks like a dumbass, but thanks for playing.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi only has 750,000 people, which is less than the entire city of San Jose, California. Their largest city is Jackson, which is 79.4% black. Which is also their highest crime rate city, so most crimes are not likely to be racially motivated. That city doesn't even register on the list of most violent cities in the US, and of course no city in Mississippi does.

Overall, Mississippi ranks in the top half in overall crime and is one of the safer states to live in. Like WAY safer than most areas. I live in Tennessee which was recently named one of the most dangerous cities, mostly because of Memphis.

I get what you are saying and all, but there are other factors involved except "uh, Mississippi, come on man".

My dad has friend and old business acquaintance in Jackson, well closer to Brandon, but this guy is like 65, owns three companies and never graduated 8th grade. Everyone in Jackson knows him by name it seems and in Brandon, My dad says he can walk in anyplace and ask where Buddy is and they will be able to tell you. He still drives a 70's ford pickup and wears overalls with a t-shirt everyday. He is a good ole southern boy who grew up in all that hate and managed to stay on the outside of it. He employs lots of people in that region. I would have to ask my dad what companies he owns as i was really young when i met him last.

And your right, Jackson is a very heavy minority town in terms of Blacks versus whites, in that town the whites are the minority. They get along fine, but not according to those who know more than the FBI.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny-gif-fruit-ninja-watermelon.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their total is 35th. that ranking system doesnt even show property crimes. just violent crimes. and im pretty sure their violent crime rate has dropped from 17th to 23rd in the most recent rankings.

and notice how the rest of the south is in orange & red???

Are you just completely unable to follow a conversation?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the cases that have happened that were not classified as hate crimes that should have been. you seem to know so much about it, please show the world your proof. John, you dont seem to realize that many southern people are not racist in today's world. We didnt grow up being taught that hate that our grandfathers had going for them. Times are different in the South compared to when my father was a child, compared to when I was a child and compared to when my kids were children. We are more tolerant now whether you want to believe that or not. You see all southerners as slave owning, slave hanging murderers, We simply are not who you paint us out to be. I feel sad for you that you believe your own bullshit, but i have lived it and see it daily, weekly, monthly and yearly and know that we are not who you think us to be, no matter how many articles you read on the internet or pictures you can find that show a different side of life in the south. Realism trumps virtual-ism every day.

Mississippi Hate-Crime Law Wouldn't Extend to Murdered Gay Candidate

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/nati...-wouldnt-extend-murdered-gay-candidate/62762/

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and notice how the rest of the south is in orange & red???

So let me get this straight...you are now trying to make the point that more violent crime means those states have more racism???

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight...you are now trying to make the point that more violent crime means those states have more racism???

no it was another pot shot at the south

not only are you guys more racist.....you have more crime in general

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you completely unable to read a color coded map

Wouldn't matter if I couldn't since you can mouse over the states and see the ranks.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:cool2:

My observation since I moved here is that the people in MS are shockingly nice. The black population is very high in Jackson, but I STiLL haven't seen any racial problems here since moving. Not one. I see black and white mixing all the time here. Nobody cares. Sure, there is always going to be a bunch of goofs that are racist in any region, but that doesn't mean that they would take anyone's life.

The problem with this guy is that he has bought the media line that conservatives in red states are racists, and they don't get much more red than MS and AL.

Couple that with the VERY low population, with a roughly 60-40 split between white/black and it's not really hard to believe that the citizens have been forced to get along. To add, MS is also a VERY Christian state, and they take such practices seriously.

To add-I have never seen racism like I experienced in California. I won't ever go back to that shithole.