• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama is not a Redneck Fanbase

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are perfectly illustrating the point. The perception of what crimes are "hate crimes" is subjective. The fact that fewer are "reported" in certain regions of the country does not mean they don't happen, only that they are not perceived to be such where they probably would be in other regions.

And i wont argue that the states themselves have differences, but if the FBI gets a hold of the case(which both you pointed out they did) and they still have found no "hate crime" status under their criteria, which is the same across the board for that organization. They can recommend the states pursue a hate crime if it warrants it due to their investigation.

Sadly we are talking about two cases that dont have a clear definition of "hate crime". The one has kids who had been drinking and smoking pot all night and did something stupid. Only one in the car mentioned he could tell it was a black man before they hit him, but did not say how far back from the man he knew it. at some point at that speed it was inevitable they were going to impact him whether he was black, white or green, so knowing what color he was only plays in if it was far enough back to miss him. No one in the case has said the driver has a history of racism nor does it mention if he has a criminal past. If he doesnt and they cant prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was racist motivated, then hate crime doesnt fit and cannot be proven.

In the other case we dont know enough to make a judgement on this being about him being gay solely, we only have the victims family to rightfully claim this since they are hurt and want answers. This could easily be a crime of passion since the injuries and extent of them is consistent with a crime of passion. Jilted lover could fit and until you have concrete proof it was due to him being gay, you cannot charge a hate crime.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a thing where the friends of the victim were saying they were romantically involved and got into it at the bar before the rest happened.

Friends of the other guy said they were just friends, but the victims friends said romantically involved. I personally think the one guy was hiding it, while the victim being open about being gay was open to his friends about it.

I thought it sounded like a crime of passion due to the nature and extent of the injuries. I have taken some computer courses for criminal investigations trying to get a cert in that to add to my list for my company. Helps me branch into other lines of work. Crimes of passion usually involve very personal injuries of that type and many involve overkill, which this classifies under that category. i think the PD is being discreet and not telling all that they know to shelter family members from the hidden truth of both parties being gay.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio’s hate crimes, or "ethnic intimidation", law does not specifically address crimes motivated by the victim’s sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression

How are you an Alabama fan when you're in or from Chicago?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard not to notice someone with their ass so high in the air.

Let me get this straight. You're born in Chicago, and you're and Alabama fan, and a San Jose fan. Hmmm Ok

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. You're born in Chicago, and you're and Alabama fan, and a San Jose fan. Hmmm Ok

Yep. I'm also a Bears fan. And Bulls too, except I hate basketball.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm also a Bears fan. And Bulls too, except I hate basketball.

Did you move to Alabama?

By the way, college basketball is legit. NBA is trash

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you move to Alabama?

By the way, college basketball is legit. NBA is trash

Yep, and to San Jose. But I get all but my San Jose and Bulls from my family. My uncles were Cubs/Bears fans growing up. My grandpa died before I was born and my grandma married a man from Alabama and moved down there. She had 2 more kids, my other uncles and they are all Alabama fans. Some of my earliest memories in life are about Alabama football, and the other teams don't even come close to it.

The bulls I just liked because of Chicago and Michael Jordan playing was the only time basketball was ever interesting to me. I moved to San Jose little less than 10 years ago and would go to their games, back in the south the only hockey teams I watched were the Nashville Knights and Huntsville Channelcats, the predators didn't come until right as I was leaving.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and to San Jose. But I get all but my San Jose and Bulls from my family. My uncles were Cubs/Bears fans growing up. My grandpa died before I was born and my grandma married a man from Alabama and moved down there. She had 2 more kids, my other uncles and they are all Alabama fans. Some of my earliest memories in life are about Alabama football, and the other teams don't even come close to it.

The bulls I just liked because of Chicago and Michael Jordan playing was the only time basketball was ever interesting to me. I moved to San Jose little less than 10 years ago and would go to their games, back in the south the only hockey teams I watched were the Nashville Knights and Huntsville Channelcats, the predators didn't come until right as I was leaving.

Ah ok, fair enough then.

I do apologize for you having to move to Alabama though.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ok, fair enough then.

I do apologize for you having to move to Alabama though.

Why, nothing wrong with Alabama that getting rid of a few political figures and bring in some more businesses wouldnt fix. Pretty state that allows you to go from mountains to the ocean, all in one state. Needs less Auburn fans, but we have to take the good with the bad.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, nothing wrong with Alabama that getting rid of a few political figures and bring in some more businesses wouldnt fix. Pretty state that allows you to go from mountains to the ocean, all in one state. Needs less Auburn fans, but we have to take the good with the bad.

Bama is a nice state. I particularly thought the northeast near the tail end of the Appys was nice. Would retire there.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is a nice state. I particularly thought the northeast near the tail end of the Appys was nice. Would retire there.

Me too. I love the middle of the state right below Birmingham during the summer, not too hot and you can find plenty to do within a few hours drive. I love to drive towards Panama City and go through a little tow Called Eufala. Old Antebellum Homes and that part of town seems to be really nice, farther into the little town is depressing, but its a small rural town with no industry, its going to look bad. I love that lake/river that the town sits on. Mt house is actually not too far from there and i love going into town and touring some of the old homes if they open them to the public. Would love to own one someday, but i doubt i will ever have that kind of cash to fork over better than a Mil on a house at one time...unless property values bouncce back on the lake that is, i might come close enough to try.

A few Christmases ago we spent a week in Helen, Georgia. Little German modeled town that was pretty cool. I would not mind having a house in the mountains, but I dont like cold enough to put up with it for more than a few weeks at a time.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I love the middle of the state right below Birmingham during the summer, not too hot and you can find plenty to do within a few hours drive. I love to drive towards Panama City and go through a little tow Called Eufala. Old Antebellum Homes and that part of town seems to be really nice, farther into the little town is depressing, but its a small rural town with no industry, its going to look bad. I love that lake/river that the town sits on. Mt house is actually not too far from there and i love going into town and touring some of the old homes if they open them to the public. Would love to own one someday, but i doubt i will ever have that kind of cash to fork over better than a Mil on a house at one time...unless property values bouncce back on the lake that is, i might come close enough to try.

A few Christmases ago we spent a week in Helen, Georgia. Little German modeled town that was pretty cool. I would not mind having a house in the mountains, but I dont like cold enough to put up with it for more than a few weeks at a time.

Eufaula***

You should go the first weekend in April and they throw a kind of festival called the "pilgrimage" that lets you tour all the historical homes in the area and has candlelight tours as well. Shorter Mansion is a must. I know Eufaula quite well.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eufaula***

You should go the first weekend in April and they throw a kind of festival called the "pilgrimage" that lets you tour all the historical homes in the area and has candlelight tours as well. Shorter Mansion is a must. I know Eufaula quite well.

I have been many times. I own a lakehouse on the Georgetown, Georgia side of the lake. I love that time of year. Every time I go it makes me want one of those old houses even more.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been many times. I own a lakehouse on the Georgetown, Georgia side of the lake. I love that time of year. Every time I go it makes me want one of those old houses even more.

Did some electrical work for the city water system on a well in Georgetown before I went to school. I remember a fucking awesome buffet there right over the bridge. Can't remember the name though.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some electrical work for the city water system on a well in Georgetown before I went to school. I remember a fucking awesome buffet there right over the bridge. Can't remember the name though.

its changed hands a couple of times, but I think its called Michelles now. I dont usually go that way to get to Columbus, i go 27 to 39 to 165 into Columbus, saves me time most days.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it's California for Rednecks?:lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself!!