• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama is not a Redneck Fanbase

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Cullman when I was a kid. It's easily the worse part of the state racism wise, and it's still not as bad as what that guy claimed.

I almost got suspended twice in the 2nd grade there. Once because my hair touched my collar, and once because I had holes in the knees of my jeans and my mom couldn't afford new jeans. I ended up having to wear jeans with patches over them, and I hated it SOOOO fucking much.

I don't know I grew up in Anniston, Goggle that and freedom riders.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we just assume that they aren't reported because you don't agree with the data?

In my entire life in the south I can honestly say I can't remember any actual hate crimes. I really don't know that I've ever seen racism that has action behind it really.

dude you have case's where the south reports at a rate of half or even a 10th of the rate that he north reports. and the places that are more notorious for racism report them at the lowest rates. do you really belief your BS that hate crimes are not getting reported because hate crimes dont exist?????

califronia new jersey & new york report more hate crimes than every other southern state combined

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fixed it so you would understand the point.

Crimes are reported in the states in the south at the same rate as other states. Any crime that is labeled or thought to be a hate crime gets a state bureau official to investigate.

Whats funny is the minority population in the Southern states is higher than many other states, but they have less hate crimes committed than many states in the north and West(according to the FBI stats for 2012). some of the states with the least hate crimes committed are in the south. We dont practice hate down here, we get along for the most part and practice tolerance on other occasions. Those who dont see it are truly not looking or have simply never lived in the south.

Some of the worst things i have ever been called in my life were walking down the street in New York(minding my own business). I have been in every major city in this country for business and never feel uneasy in any part of the South...never.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think there is a large difference in perception of what actually constitutes a hate crime in some places vs. others. If you really believe there was not one racially motivated crime in Mississippi during that reporting period for the FBI, I don't know that the discussion should continue.

thank you!!!!!!!!

in the most recent reporting california reported over 1000 hate crimes.

anyone wanna guess how many mississippi reported??????

only 2.......

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude you have case's where the south reports at a rate of half or even a 10th of the rate that he north reports. and the places that are more notorious for racism report them at the lowest rates. do you really belief your BS that hate crimes are not getting reported because hate crimes dont exist?????

califronia new jersey & new york report more hate crimes than every other southern state combined

Have you ever lived in the states that are notorious for hate? Just because it happened 50 years ago and that state is known for that part of its history does not mean it happens there now. I do business in Mississippi alot and they are a very laid back group down there. People get along, they dont look to hang each other because of the color of their skin. You really need to get out more. Stats dont back up any part of your claims, so again, you lose.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crimes are reported in the states in the south at the same rate as other states. Any crime that is labeled or thought to be a hate crime gets a state bureau official to investigate.

Whats funny is the minority population in the Southern states is higher than many other states, but they have less hate crimes committed than many states in the north and West(according to the FBI stats for 2012). some of the states with the least hate crimes committed are in the south. We dont practice hate down here, we get along for the most part and practice tolerance on other occasions. Those who dont see it are truly not looking or have simply never lived in the south.

Some of the worst things i have ever been called in my life were walking down the street in New York(minding my own business). I have been in every major city in this country for business and never feel uneasy in any part of the South...never.

the red is bullshit

the green highlights your delusion now matter how many times i try to explain this <== you are clearly in denial

if you really think mississippi have no hate crimes in a 3 year stretch whereas california has over 2800 in that same stretch is an accurate representation you are insane.

if you see just how far off these stats are and it doesnt bother you ONE BIT and you try to downplay it as nothing. then you are part of the problem

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the yankee guy's still talking down other parts of the country, huh? Surely not.

lol

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever lived in the states that are notorious for hate? Just because it happened 50 years ago and that state is known for that part of its history does not mean it happens there now. I do business in Mississippi alot and they are a very laid back group down there. People get along, they dont look to hang each other because of the color of their skin. You really need to get out more. Stats dont back up any part of your claims, so again, you lose.

^^^^
dude there are actual cases of this stuff happening even today.

im not talking 50 years ago.....im talking today.

do you really believe the place that was the most racist in the 1860s, 1960s, is suddenly the most racially tolerant part of the country now?? you and I both know that old habits/mentalities like that take a long time to go away.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the yankee guy's still talking down other parts of the country, huh? Surely not.

lol

southerners trying to downplay stats that show racism is more prevalent in the south??????

say it aint so.....

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think there is a large difference in perception of what actually constitutes a hate crime in some places vs. others. If you really believe there was not one racially motivated crime in Mississippi during that reporting period for the FBI, I don't know that the discussion should continue.

You say this, but fail to realize that the FBI has the same criteria in each state. The crimes are being reported because the crime rates show they are, but the hate portion is not making the criteria for it to be reported. Do i feel that an occasional case could be being missed, yes. do i think this is the case in all states, yes, not just southern states due to someones perceived feelings on the states past problems with racism from 50 years ago.

In the end we have stats from the FBI that show a different picture, even if we added in an incident or two it would not skew the results by much and the picture showed he was wrong on his assumption from the start.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
southerners trying to downplay stats that show racism is more prevalent in the south??????

say it aint so.....

What I don't get is why anyone would try to argue anything with some hate filled yankee from Michigan. You don't like the South... OH NOES! Lots of wasted keystrokes in this thread.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say this, but fail to realize that the FBI has the same criteria in each state. The crimes are being reported because the crime rates show they are, but the hate portion is not making the criteria for it to be reported. Do i feel that an occasional case could be being missed, yes. do i think this is the case in all states, yes, not just southern states due to someones perceived feelings on the states past problems with racism from 50 years ago.

In the end we have stats from the FBI that show a different picture, even if we added in an incident or two it would not skew the results by much and the picture showed he was wrong on his assumption from the start.

dude.....the states report the crimes. the fbi just documents those reportings

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why anyone would try to argue anything with some hate filled yankee from Michigan. You don't like the South... OH NOES! Lots of wasted keystrokes in this thread.

i never lived in michigan

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mississippi only has 750,000 people, which is less than the entire city of San Jose, California. Their largest city is Jackson, which is 79.4% black. Which is also their highest crime rate city, so most crimes are not likely to be racially motivated. That city doesn't even register on the list of most violent cities in the US, and of course no city in Mississippi does.

Overall, Mississippi ranks in the top half in overall crime and is one of the safer states to live in. Like WAY safer than most areas. I live in Tennessee which was recently named one of the most dangerous cities, mostly because of Memphis.

I get what you are saying and all, but there are other factors involved except "uh, Mississippi, come on man".

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Cullman when I was a kid. It's easily the worse part of the state racism wise, and it's still not as bad as what that guy claimed.

I almost got suspended twice in the 2nd grade there. Once because my hair touched my collar, and once because I had holes in the knees of my jeans and my mom couldn't afford new jeans. I ended up having to wear jeans with patches over them, and I hated it SOOOO fucking much.

Your mom did that shit too? I hated those iron on patches, but now that I have my own kids, I can see her point. We had NO money back then and I would wear out jeans and shoes in a week.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy do ther...I's agree with the OP...We're todally not reeeedddnecks! *spits tabacco*

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your mom did that shit too? I hated those iron on patches, but now that I have my own kids, I can see her point. We had NO money back then and I would wear out jeans and shoes in a week.

Yeah, we actually played outside back then.

The worse part was the patches had to be on the outside to cover up any strings. :L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^
dude there are actual cases of this stuff happening even today.

im not talking 50 years ago.....im talking today.

do you really believe the place that was the most racist in the 1860s, 1960s, is suddenly the most racially tolerant part of the country now?? you and I both know that old habits/mentalities like that take a long time to go away.

Show me the cases that have happened that were not classified as hate crimes that should have been. you seem to know so much about it, please show the world your proof. John, you dont seem to realize that many southern people are not racist in today's world. We didnt grow up being taught that hate that our grandfathers had going for them. Times are different in the South compared to when my father was a child, compared to when I was a child and compared to when my kids were children. We are more tolerant now whether you want to believe that or not. You see all southerners as slave owning, slave hanging murderers, We simply are not who you paint us out to be. I feel sad for you that you believe your own bullshit, but i have lived it and see it daily, weekly, monthly and yearly and know that we are not who you think us to be, no matter how many articles you read on the internet or pictures you can find that show a different side of life in the south. Realism trumps virtual-ism every day.