• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then stop talking about the FCS games in November, they are not the game that is going away, Georgia Vs Notre Dame games are the ones that are going away.
Those FCS opponents in mid November will start to disappear if the SEC & ACC move to a 9 game conference schedule. They'll play those teams early in the season due to scheduling.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is normal for the PAC12 to schedule FCS opponents that is nothing weird. If you have a bye in week 7 and your week 8 opponent has a bye week 7, do you have an advantage?

When I did my rankings, I gave bonus based on bye weeks. I also treated all FCS games as bye weeks in the formula.

It was a small bonus, like 2% of the existing value.

So if a team had played for 8 straight weeks without a bye, and the other team was coming fresh off the bye, the team that played 8 straight weeks would get a 16% bonus to the difficulty of that game.

When it came to Alabama vs LSU, it was always 0% bonus because both were coming off byes.

Same for Alabama vs Auburn, because both were treated as coming off byes.

There is no advantage, it's just teams who want to be as healthy as possible before huge games. It's fucking terrible apparently.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those FCS opponents in mid November will start to disappear if the SEC & ACC move to a 9 game conference schedule. They'll play those teams early in the season due to scheduling.

No.

We start playing conference games in week 1.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see a PAC team use an FCS team as a bye before a rivalry game yearly. Also pretty sure two of the three teams that never played an FCS team are in the PAC 12. What you are missing is due to the lack of a 9 game conference schedule. Which impacts SOS. What these other conferences are doing. Is scheduling a mid major or FCS team early and that November FCS bye week. To gain an advantage in rankings
So you are okay with PAC using FCS games as byes against BigTen opponents and SEC opponents. Hypocrite.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that change the fact that you want the SEC to stop playing FCS opponents while 2/3 of your conference regularly play FCS opponents?

The PAC plays less of them (its documented and not just a few less) and one more conference game. What more do you want , play blindfolded?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are okay with PAC using FCS games as byes against BigTen opponents and SEC opponents. Hypocrite.

The PAC plays OCC games to start the season except USC and Stanford who play Notre dame late. So no they arent used as byes the just play the OCC games at the beginning.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC plays less of them (its documented and not just a few less) and one more conference game. What more do you want , play blindfolded?
Maybe stop being pussies and ban playing them. The BigTen can do it, so why not the PAC?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ok with anyone playing FCS games tbh.But there is a major difference between the PAC,B1G and BIG X. From the SEC and ACC.When you break it down and there is no denying it

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that when the ACC and SEC have something like four in state cross conference tie ins.

The ACC and SEC have no trouble getting along.

Are you new to college football?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC and SEC have no trouble getting along.

Are you new to college football?
Obviously you don't understand scheduling. When you have 9 conference games as does two other P5 conferences that are nearest to you the scheduling starts to get tricky. Those OOC games are played at the beginning of the season so that the conference can manage their schedules. It's not that tricky when you have 4 OOC games vs 3 OOC games.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC plays OCC games to start the season except USC and Stanford who play Notre dame late. So no they arent used as byes the just play the OCC games at the beginning.
And yet they still seem to schedule home and homes with teams like Ohio State amongst other big games early :think:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you don't understand scheduling. When you have 9 conference games as does two other P5 conferences that are nearest to you the scheduling starts to get tricky. Those OOC games are played at the beginning of the season so that the conference can manage their schedules. It's not that tricky when you have 4 OOC games vs 3 OOC games.

What you just said is the entire reason they schedule FCS schools in November to begin with, and I'm the one who doesn't understand scheduling?

Seriously. They can't get mid-majors to come in November because they are all in conference play, but they can get FCS schools. That's the entire reason why they schedule them then. They have said so directly.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, the reason all your conferences play those cupcake games to start the year is because that's when you think it benefits you the most. It gives your team time to get the kinks out and whatever. It has nothing to do with you somehow being more nobel or whatever in November.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally when conferences add additional conference members they also up the number of conference games so they can play said conference members ... other than the SEC & ACC. They add conference members but they don't actually play said conference members. Pseudo conference is what its called. It's a conference on paper only.

LOL, the PAC is a Pseudo P5 conference...Without USC you guys are on a par with the top half of the MWC. There is a reason you guys have an almost .500 bowl record against the Mountain West(11-10).

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you just said is the entire reason they schedule FCS schools in November to begin with, and I'm the one who doesn't understand scheduling?

Seriously. They can't get mid-majors to come in November because they are all in conference play, but they can get FCS schools. That's the entire reason why they schedule them then. They have said so directly.
It all changes once a conference is limited to 3 OOC games. That's when the scheduling starts to get tricky and those games are played early in the season. 4 OOC games gives you leeway to schedule those games late in the season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all changes once a conference is limited to 3 OOC games. That's when the scheduling starts to get tricky and those games are played early in the season. 4 OOC games gives you leeway to schedule those games late in the season.
Why are these things so hard for some people to understand?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that when the ACC and SEC have something like four in state cross conference tie ins.

Good luck with what? It is what we do now...I thought you were the King of the College Football internet and you don't even know that?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there was a time when it was only 11 game seasons and nobody really scheduled FCS games. Then they added an extra game, and everyone filled it up with FCS.

But the genie is out of the bottle now. There are only 2 ways to get rid of FCS games at this point: Ban them like the Big10 did, or stop counting them towards bowl games.

Outside that, nope. FCS schools make scheduling easier, not harder. It's a big payday for them and they are extremely flexible for it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are these things so hard for some people to understand?
Back when it was still the PAC-10 the UW would have goofy ass OOC games in the middle of the season ... not FCS teams but G5 teams. That all changed once the conference moved to a 9 game conference schedule. It was too difficult to try and fit those teams in the schedule later on in the season.