• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain please. I said and then I showed on here that the PAC teams played an average of 10.25 regular season P5 opponents last season vs the SEC's 9 regular season P5 opponents.

Oh so that ".25" is important for the Pac12, but the ".07" for the SEC isn't?

I knew your numbers were bullshit because I knew Georgia played 2 P5 games last year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that is upset. You don't see me spending day after day talking about other teams.

You can try to claim whatever you want, but people who aren't butthurt don't spend weeks crying about how another team schedules. They especially don't do it when what you are crying about is basically how 90% of college football does it, but it just so happens you want to cry about the one that kicked the shit out of your HS team.
If laughing is upset :dhd:

Get back to me when you stop crying and can grasp the topic.And What the extra conference game actually means.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so that ".25" is important for the Pac12, but the ".07" for the SEC isn't?

I knew your numbers were bullshit because I knew Georgia played 2 P5 games last year.
tenor.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If laughing is upset :dhd:

Get back to me when you stop crying and can grasp the topic.And What the extra conference game actually means.

If it's that big of a deal then the Pac12 is just stupid for scheduling 9.

Conferences for some reason keep going to 9, so either they don't think it's a big deal, or they believe they benefit more from the 9 game schedule.

It's really that simple.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conferences for some reason keep going to 9, so either they don't think it's a big deal, or they believe they benefit more from the 9 game schedule.

It's really that simple.
Normally when conferences add additional conference members they also up the number of conference games so they can play said conference members ... other than the SEC & ACC. They add conference members but they don't actually play said conference members. Pseudo conference is what its called. It's a conference on paper only.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really that simple.
I wouldnt say stupid. I prefer the 9 game conference schedule. I wouldn't want to see SC play an FCS team in November or ever really. But it gives a clearer picture of the actual teams. Eventually if there is no change and uniformity. I believe it serves the purpose of expanding the play offs.Which would be ver good for the sport

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say stupid. I prefer the 9 game conference schedule. I wouldn't want to see SC play an FCS team in November or ever really. But it gives a clearer picture of the actual teams. Eventually if there is no change and uniformity. I believe it serves the purpose of expanding the play offs.Which would be ver good for the sport
Here's just one example of the SEC. Mizzou and TAMU (both SEC members) will play each other twice in a ten year span. Now what kind of fvkn bs is that?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally when conferences add additional conference members they also up the number of conference games so they can play said conference members ... other than the SEC & ACC. They add conference members but they don't actually play said conference members. Pseudo conference is what its called. It's a conference on paper only.

I guess we have different definitions on what "normal" means.

5 P5 conferences.

2 only have 8 game schedules, so that leaves 3.

The Big12 went to 9 games because they dropped down to 10 teams, not because they gained teams.

So that leaves no 2 conferences.

The Pac12 already had 9 game conferences before expansion, so nope, that's not the reason they went to 9 games either.

So that leaves the Big10 as the only conference that has expanded and increased the number of games.

Am I correct in assuming to you, everythign the Big10 does is somehow "normal", regardless of them only making up 20% of the P5 conferences?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you say having a bye week before LSU.Then scheduling an FCS team before Auburn.Isn't used to gain the equivalent of an extra bye week? And on the original point.Do you not see how the extra conference game directly effects conferences and SOS. It is done to gain an advantage
California plays an FCS opponent (week 2) before playing Ole Miss, are they getting an extra bye week? Oregon State is playing an FCS opponent before Minnesota so i guess they are cheating the system as well to get an extra bye week.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California plays an FCS opponent (week 2) before playing Ole Miss, are they getting an extra bye week? Oregon State is playing an FCS opponent before Minnesota so i guess they are cheating the system as well to get an extra bye week.
Are those games in November or before a rivalry game. Or is this done annually? :think:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have different definitions on what "normal" means.

5 P5 conferences.

2 only have 8 game schedules, so that leaves 3.

The Big12 went to 9 games because they dropped down to 10 teams, not because they gained teams.

So that leaves no 2 conferences.

The Pac12 already had 9 game conferences before expansion, so nope, that's not the reason they went to 9 games either.

So that leaves the Big10 as the only conference that has expanded and increased the number of games.

Am I correct in assuming to you, everythign the Big10 does is somehow "normal", regardless of them only making up 20% of the P5 conferences?
Because we are normal and the rest of you mother fuckers are weird as shit.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC teams played more P5 opponents last season on average than any other conference. That pretty much sums it up.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those games in November or before a rivalry game. Or is this done annually? :think:
Yes it is normal for the PAC12 to schedule FCS opponents that is nothing weird. If you have a bye in week 7 and your week 8 opponent has a bye week 7, do you have an advantage?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC teams played more P5 opponents last season on average than any other conference. That pretty much sums it up.
Does that change the fact that you want the SEC to stop playing FCS opponents while 2/3 of your conference regularly play FCS opponents?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There have been years where 6 out of the 8 SEC teams we played had actual bye weeks before we played them. That isn't counting Auburn having a FCS etc.

Pretty much a minimum of 4 teams that do it most years, although it might finally be less now that they moved the "third saturday in october" back to the actual "third saturday in october" rather than the 4th so that Tennessee could take a bye the week before us.

All those teams request an open SEC date before Alabama. It's just people trying to give themselves the best shot they can. Anyone who doesn't do that is dumb.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that change the fact that you want the SEC to stop playing FCS opponents while 2/3 of your conference regularly play FCS opponents?
I want to see the SEC & ACC move to a 9 game conference schedule. That's what I want.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is normal for the PAC12 to schedule FCS opponents that is nothing weird. If you have a bye in week 7 and your week 8 opponent has a bye week 7, do you have an advantage?
I have yet to see a PAC team use an FCS team as a bye before a rivalry game yearly. Also pretty sure two of the three teams that never played an FCS team are in the PAC 12. What you are missing is due to the lack of a 9 game conference schedule. Which impacts SOS. What these other conferences are doing. Is scheduling a mid major or FCS team early and that November FCS bye week. To gain an advantage in rankings

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the SEC & ACC move to a 9 game conference schedule. That's what I want.
Then stop talking about the FCS games in November, they are not the game that is going away, Georgia Vs Notre Dame games are the ones that are going away.