• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees beat Boston if he doesn't send Judge
Lol. That play certainly ENDED the game for the Yankees. But they were far from winning it even if Judge was safe.

Still, we all know that Nevin wasn’t the real issue this year.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked Nevin a lot. Yeah, he did not have good WC game, but if he's the fall guy for Boone and Cashman, well that's some bullshit right there.

Marcus Thames I will not miss for a second.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked Nevin a lot. Yeah, he did not have good WC game, but if he's the fall guy for Boone and Cashman, well that's some bullshit right there.

I think there is a lot of value of getting new managers and GM’s in place as the years pass. Strategies and philosophies change and it’s good to have new voices in these roles. It’s worked well for the Red Sox. They won 2 titles with Theo & Francona. Then they won with Cherington and Farrell. Then Dombrowski and Cora won it all. Now they are trying to do it again with Bloom and Cora.

Cashman, meanwhile, probably just sits in his office full of Mariano and Bernie Williams posters thinking he’s the greatest thing that ever happened to the Yankees. He’s beyond stale in that role.

You can fire all the Thames and Nevins you want, but I’m not sure you are addressing the real issue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kay suggested hiring showalter as thr bench coach

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of value of getting new managers and GM’s in place as the years pass. Strategies and philosophies change and it’s good to have new voices in these roles. It’s worked well for the Red Sox. They won 2 titles with Theo & Francona. Then they won with Cherington and Farrell. Then Dombrowski and Cora won it all. Now they are trying to do it again with Bloom and Cora.

Cashman, meanwhile, probably just sits in his office full of Mariano and Bernie Williams posters thinking he’s the greatest thing that ever happened to the Yankees. He’s beyond stale in that role.

You can fire all the Thames and Nevins you want, but I’m not sure you are addressing the real issue.
Strategies and philosophies?

Drugs, lacquered bats, juiced balls, that is game today !

You don’t need a coach anymore cause there is no strategy..

No more gap hittin, opposite field , stealing’s bases, bunts hardly executed.

Philosophy? Lol, The fundementals of this game left the stadium at 175 mph

All ANALytics BS is the game today.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years + an option?

WTF for?

Yeah....I think I might be out.

They’re committed to nothing, certainly no urgency to win….what a fucking joke extending this dugout sock puppet…..

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years + an option?

WTF for?

Yeah....I think I might be out.
Holy shit. I can’t believe they are keeping him around for another 3 years. I am guessing this will NOT be well received in NYC.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,068.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate the Sox I really hate cheating and therefore am rooting against the Astros

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman loves the long ball. Wondering what he thinks of this Red Sox display.

And why is Altuve not getting hammered for that error? That was a double play ball and the Astros get out of the inning with only 1 run, the starter may have been able to go longer. Huge play and the announcers didn't really address it after it happened.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman loves the long ball. Wondering what he thinks of this Red Sox display.

And why is Altuve not getting hammered for that error? That was a double play ball and the Astros get out of the inning with only 1 run, the starter may have been able to go longer. Huge play and the announcers didn't really address it after it happened.
Good call. They actually kept saying how it was such a “tough hop”. It was a room service DP ball that he kicked. Huge turning point in that game.