• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve felt that way since the Wild Card game. Never expected that they could beat the Rays. May as well keep going!
I want them to win ot all, I don't expect it.

If they somehow do win it all, and people tell me they weren't the best team, I'll say. Thats fine but they still got the trophy.

I saw 4 Super teams this year. Giants, Dodgers, Rays, snd Astros. One is already gone a 2nd will soon be.

If they somehow pull it off, they will have to beat the Rays, and most likely Astros and Giants. That's like climbing an un-climbable mountain.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a clown like Boone. Difference is Boone is a clown from April through October. Cash is only a clown in October
Not sure that is fair. He almost took the Rays to a Title last year. Then they got rid of Snell and Morton and replaced them with the likes of Archer and Wacha. Then he lost Glasnow for 2/3 of the season. Somehow he STILL managed to win 100 games. Cash is one of the best. He just ran out of pitchers in this series.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never really impressed with the Rays rotation. They're a very good defensive team though

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm like all other Red Sox fans, house money for sure. I was rooting for the Rays to win the WS because I have mad respect for how they do this on such a small budget. I'll even overlook being sick and tired of Tampa winning so many titles. I'll even overlook how they call all their teams "Tampa Bay" instead of just the name of the city like every other fucking team.

But now what the Hell I'll root for the team I've been rooting for for 50 years.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lindsey Adler of The Athletic reports that the Yankees have parted ways with hitting coach Marcus Thames.​

Thames joined the Yankees as an assistant hitting coach prior to the 2016 season before then taking over the lead position in 2018. New York ranked 13th in combined OPS (.729) and 19th in runs scored during the 2021 campaign despite relatively healthy years for Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge. And last week's AL Wild Card Game against the Red Sox resulted in a 6-2 loss. Per a follow-up report from Adler, third base coach Phil Nevin has also been dismissed. There's no word yet on the status of manager Aaron Boone.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lindsey Adler of The Athletic reports that the Yankees have parted ways with hitting coach Marcus Thames.​

Thames joined the Yankees as an assistant hitting coach prior to the 2016 season before then taking over the lead position in 2018. New York ranked 13th in combined OPS (.729) and 19th in runs scored during the 2021 campaign despite relatively healthy years for Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge. And last week's AL Wild Card Game against the Red Sox resulted in a 6-2 loss. Per a follow-up report from Adler, third base coach Phil Nevin has also been dismissed. There's no word yet on the status of manager Aaron Boone.

It's like the end of Goodfellas, bodies being found everywhere.....hopefully no one frozen in a meat truck.....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worry boones job is safe:suds:

I've wanted him gone for a long time....I can't stand him.....They need someone who will light a fire under this group.....This clown gets credit for 91 wins, I have to believe many managers in baseball could do that, not to mention how many games he let slip away.....