• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they didn't need to cheat, then why did they?

:noidea:
I say this with all due respect, signals have been passed along since day one…

Don’t even know what else I could say about it..

Why do catchers and pitchers always have meetings at mound?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that's why I laughed at his logic.....which is questionable at best....."knowing a fastball, curve or slider is coming won't help you"
Of course there is some advantage, but you still have to put ball in play, also, most big league hitters know what’s coming there way according to the count, so again..

Y’all make it sound like it’s self hitting.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the camp that the reaction to the sign stealing was over the top. They've been trying to steal signs for a century, that was just another form. Not saying it's right but it wasn't the crime of the century it was made out to be.

So last night sucked. And was a reminder that in sports things can change quickly. The Braves had the World Series on their racket, just a few outs to take control of the series. Then the Red Sox came back to Earth, they were due for that, and tonight's game now may determine the American League champion.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the camp that the reaction to the sign stealing was over the top. They've been trying to steal signs for a century, that was just another form. Not saying it's right but it wasn't the crime of the century it was made out to be.

So last night sucked. And was a reminder that in sports things can change quickly. The Braves had the World Series on their racket, just a few outs to take control of the series. Then the Red Sox came back to Earth, they were due for that, and tonight's game now may determine the American League champion.
That Altuve thing with the buzzer still sucks, though.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a long shot, but stranger things have happened than a team winning 2 on the road in the playoffs.

Surprised how many Sox fans are saying "see you in Ft Myers" today.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a long shot, but stranger things have happened than a team winning 2 on the road in the playoffs.

Most of us never expected to get anywhere near this close. The Astros are easily the better team.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah @Manster7588 said it best. We never expected to be here and we are playing with house money. I will admit during Game 3 it did kind of feel like a magical season, it was cool to hear Buck say "they have to be thinking they are the best team in the playoffs. But no fan would expect 9 runs/game to continue and we all knew the limitations of this bullpen.

As we said house money, I'll be onboard tomorrow night but it will not gut wrenching if they lose which I totally expect to happen. Houston is just a better team and the best team usually wins in a long series.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again"

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is strange. Up 2-1 really felt like the Sox were up 3-1 given the blow outs in games 2, 3. Yesterday's game was much more reminiscent of the Sox Astros regular season.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not burying them, Nasty, but the bullpen has been AWFUL in this series. I don’t think many teams have won it all by slugging their way to a title before. In fact, I can’t think of any. They need their pitching to step up, big time, to pull off the comeback.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel as if I have missed out on some good conversation in this thread all season. I'm used to screaming at people on the Politics Board, nice to see a civil thread on SH.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazing what the demise of Barnes has done to this bullpen. If he was actually right like he was in the beginning of the year I doubt they Red Sox would be finding themselves in this position of having to win 2 in a row in Houston

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the fielders more than the pitchers honestly. I would still like to see them make some bullpen moves in the offseason.

Hell of a season given the middling expectations coming into the season. I was content with merely making the WC game.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 years on and the Yankees are STILL the last team to repeat as World Champs.

:nod: