• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahn and Williams are both out on the South Side of Chicago. Apparently, Reinsdorf finally had enough.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahn and Williams are both out on the South Side of Chicago. Apparently, Reinsdorf finally had enough.

Should have fired Williams like 10 years ago. Dude got so much leash for a fluke title.

Too bad the White Sox can't fire Reinsdorf.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinsdorf is also floating the possibility of moving on from Guaranteed Rate Field, possibly even Nashville. Says a lot that one franchise in Chicago has had the same ballpark for over 100 years and the other one is considering moving into a new one after about 35 years. And moving a franchise that's been in a city for over 100 years? Fuck off and die, Jerry.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These umps are so fucking stupid too.

We lost this game on our own. But this stupid ass home plate ump keeps calling low balls as strikes vs us. And letting the Brewers draw walks on the same pitch.

Julien just took strike 2 which was a blatant ball then struck out next pitch cause 3B ump said he swung and barely hit the front part of the plate.

That shit is getting annoying too

We still owe you bastards for 2009

please let the meltdown commence!

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of the rotation had managed to be healthy early this season and Joey Wentz died in a boating accident Detroit would be just a couple out

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 guys basically set in stone in the lineup---- Torkelson, Greene, Carpenter and Baez.....theres worse places to start.

Once again though- the Guardians will have a couple initial advantages despite having a lower payroll than the Twins, Tigers and Royals.

1. Well- maybe Luis Roberts is the best player in the Central now- but for my money I would still take Jose Ramirez- who is at worst 2nd in the division.

2. Guardians will have the best overall pitching staff in the division again next year. With all the injuries they are 3rd in the majors in team ERA. They just know how to develop and manage pitching.

3. Terry Francona (unless he retires).
1. That’s a tough one. Robert is a genuine 5 tool guy. Finally has proven what we all thought was possible. Dude is a stud.

But I’m not ready to say Ramirez isn’t the best player in the division.

2. Yeah, things would have to fall apart or Detroit would have to see a complete lack
of injuries(ha!) and and quick next level performances from a couple guys.

Found this interesting while nerdely looking at pages of numbers earlier. Cleveland is third, like you said. But only third in the division, on the road. Absolutely great at home, but very human on the road. Wasn’t guessing that would be the case.

Cleveland does fine work with the arms decide to bring in. And fine working picking the arms. It is impressive.

3. It would hurt Cleveland to lose him. Hope Tito stays in the everyday game before he starts being Jim Leyland. Not that Jim Leyland doesn’t seem happy, cuz the guy looks great. For Jim Leyland.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of the rotation had managed to be healthy early this season and Joey Wentz died in a boating accident Detroit would be just a couple out
Just a handful of games for a couple guys and they’d right there.

And that’s with a terrible offense most nights, most of the season. (Last couple nights have been. Even paused when leaving the room a couple times to watch complete at bats.)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a handful of games for a couple guys and they’d right there.

And that’s with a terrible offense most nights, most of the season. (Last couple nights have been. Even paused when leaving the room a couple times to watch complete at bats.)

the offense is finally picking up it seems at least

Does look like Olson needs to go on the shelf or back to AAA though. Turnbull is in Toledo (not that he did shit either)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offense is finally picking up it seems at least

Does look like Olson needs to go on the shelf or back to AAA though. Turnbull is in Toledo (not that he did shit either)
I’m not completely aware of Turnbulls contract status.

He can pitch. But I don’t care if it’s in Detroit. So long as they keep control. Since he can pitch.

The offense blows ass. But they’ve got some hits lately. There are so many guys occupying roster spots that don’t matter. I feel happy for the hitters when they don’t lose because of them.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not completely aware of Turnbulls contract status.

He can pitch. But I don’t care if it’s in Detroit. So long as they keep control. Since he can pitch.

The offense blows ass. But they’ve got some hits lately. There are so many guys occupying roster spots that don’t matter. I feel happy for the hitters when they don’t lose because of them.

they have control regardless through next year. they can dick with his service time for this year to get two years but he hired Boras for that reason.

yea the offense is the 4 obvious ones and Rogers who can be argued are starter quality and you could argue they could fill out the bench with Vierling and maybe Mcinstry or something but the rest don't belong on a major league roster. Maybe Badoo as outfield depth. Pretty cool seeing Jeimer and Parades do well lol. They could use those 2

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have control regardless through next year. they can dick with his service time for this year to get two years but he hired Boras for that reason.

yea the offense is the 4 obvious ones and Rogers who can be argued are starter quality and you could argue they could fill out the bench with Vierling and maybe Mcinstry or something but the rest don't belong on a major league roster. Maybe Badoo as outfield depth. Pretty cool seeing Jeimer and Parades do well lol. They could use those 2
Zero issue with Vierling, McInstry or Baddoo being on the 2024 opening roster. They don’t matter, but they can play baseball.

You can have a few guys that don’t matter just to keep the payroll down. Even if they don’t have upside. Flipping those spots to guys with upside is how you dominate this low spending shithole of a division.

And that takes patience.

Glad to hear Trumbull has no choice who he plays for next year.

Haven’t decided if I’d like Austin Meadows to bother. It’d be cool for his family, friends, neighbors and everybody he’s ever known if he did. But I don’t care. Baddoo and Carpenter can take what he doesn’t want and can’t handle.

I like Jaimer. He can do a lot of things decent. Was not mad he took that ball down the left field line. Hope he’s having a good time being back in Detroit. And he’s managed to not pay for dinner while he’s been back. They kept Schoop. And I won’t forget.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero issue with Vierling, McInstry or Baddoo being on the 2024 opening roster. They don’t matter, but they can play baseball.

You can have a few guys that don’t matter just to keep the payroll down. Even if they don’t have upside. Flipping those spots to guys with upside is how you dominate this low spending shithole of a division.

And that takes patience.

Glad to hear Trumbull has no choice who he plays for next year.

Haven’t decided if I’d like Austin Meadows to bother. It’d be cool for his family, friends, neighbors and everybody he’s ever known if he did. But I don’t care. Baddoo and Carpenter can take what he doesn’t want and can’t handle.

I like Jaimer. He can do a lot of things decent. Was not mad he took that ball down the left field line. Hope he’s having a good time being back in Detroit. And he’s managed to not pay for dinner while he’s been back. They kept Schoop. And I won’t forget.
I do think that this year is the worst the division will be.

I think the Guardians, Twins and Tigers are all on the upswing--- the Guardians and Tigers have a lot of young pitching. The White Sox are the enigma. They arguably have been the most talented for a little while now but just cannot put it together.

The Royals are in trouble. Their farm system is one of the worst in baseball. They had some highly rated pitchers a couple years ago but none of them worked out really. Guys like Lacy and Lynch and Singer were pretty highly rated but just have not done much of anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Francona is done after the season- I would say 90% he retires from his interview yesterday

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinsdorf is also floating the possibility of moving on from Guaranteed Rate Field, possibly even Nashville. Says a lot that one franchise in Chicago has had the same ballpark for over 100 years and the other one is considering moving into a new one after about 35 years. And moving a franchise that's been in a city for over 100 years? Fuck off and die, Jerry.
I have been to the White Sox stadium and it does kinda suck. lol.

Apparently they had a chance to buy the design to the Guardians stadium and decided against it- one of my friends from Chciago told me that anyway.

Not sure if you have ever been there- its not historic or anything but the Guardians do have a pretty awesome stadium.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see it looks like this is going to be Tito's last year? he is only 64 but it seems like his body is in bad shape. he is alwaysi n and out of the hospital

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that this year is the worst the division will be.

I think the Guardians, Twins and Tigers are all on the upswing--- the Guardians and Tigers have a lot of young pitching. The White Sox are the enigma. They arguably have been the most talented for a little while now but just cannot put it together.

The Royals are in trouble. Their farm system is one of the worst in baseball. They had some highly rated pitchers a couple years ago but none of them worked out really. Guys like Lacy and Lynch and Singer were pretty highly rated but just have not done much of anything.

Id be stunned if the division is even close to this bad next year.

White Sox might take a moment but they at least have money where they can reload a little bit to be competitive.

As you said, its the Royals that are the issue though. They absolutely suck. Witt is turning into a total menace but he cant carry that team. They have like no other talent currently on that roster except a old ass Perez. And as you said their farm is terrible. Cant compete with the Twins/Tigers/Guards when you have a way worse MLB roster and way worse pipline.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year gonna be a big year for Skubal.

Has to prove he can be first and foremost be healthy and then also consistent. Guy is legit. Has elite stuff and is enterting prime.

Early on a couple years back he was just ok results wise with a brutal FIP. Then last year he had very good results with even better metrics.

This year coming into today his advanced metrics(small sample size) have been elite. But it seems like he basically is 50/50 in results. Throws up a zero or gives up 4 in 5ish innings.

Hes super legit. But he finally needs a full season of results at 27. Which will be bad news for Central if he does.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael A Taylor with the worst AB in the history of baseball(hes been a blessing this year but wow).

Devin Williams in. Elite closer. Twins get 2 on no outs in a tie game with a 4 pitch walk and Wallner being beaned in the wrist.

Williams has no control and struggles with it time to time. Taylor flail bunts at two pitches in the dirt. Like just kinda half jabbed at them. Then gets a 3rd pitch same spot and just swings and misses. Just unbelievable.

Guy has no control and youre half ass bunting at balls in the dirt.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just continue to find ways to blow games

Because we decided not to go for it at the deadline.

Falvey cant stay employed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be stunned if the division is even close to this bad next year.

White Sox might take a moment but they at least have money where they can reload a little bit to be competitive.

As you said, its the Royals that are the issue though. They absolutely suck. Witt is turning into a total menace but he cant carry that team. They have like no other talent currently on that roster except a old ass Perez. And as you said their farm is terrible. Cant compete with the Twins/Tigers/Guards when you have a way worse MLB roster and way worse pipline.
Their first baseman, Pasquantino, that’s out for the rest of the year is going to be a productive hitter. But they’re gonna stink for awhile.