• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised with the Naylor projection but if he is ready...roll with him and they have Zunino and more depth this year. Still not great but if Naylor works out they will be fine. A trade for Kirk would obviously be the best possible option but I'm sure it would take a lot.

All of the names below are on the Indians roster or were possible options.

2023 Projected wRC+

Mike Zunino - 85 - signed by Indians

Bo Naylor - 107 - Indians

Austin Hedges - 69 - former Indian

Sean Murphy - 113 - traded to Braves

Christian Vazquez - 95 - signed with Twins

Luke Maile - 76 - former Indian

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised with the Naylor projection but if he is ready...roll with him and they have Zunino and more depth this year. Still not great but if Naylor works out they will be fine. A trade for Kirk would obviously be the best possible option but I'm sure it would take a lot.

All of the names below are on the Indians roster or were possible options.

2023 Projected wRC+

Mike Zunino - 85 - signed by Indians

Bo Naylor - 107 - Indians

Austin Hedges - 69 - former Indian

Sean Murphy - 113 - traded to Braves

Christian Vazquez - 95 - signed with Twins

Luke Maile - 76 - former Indian

Yeah, I’d those are accurate, you didn’t need Murphy anyway.

You need actual mlb caliber OFs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I’d those are accurate, you didn’t need Murphy anyway.

You need actual mlb caliber OFs
Yeah OF’s have been a need for awhile now but I think the OF is coming along.

Kwan and Gonzalez and the two guys that look like studs and corner OF’s. Straw sucked offensively but if he can be decent his defense is worth it, at least as a depth gut. Right now the start CF. I would love an upgrade, maybe Reynolds but that would take a lot. Apparently PIT wants a Soto-like return for him. Brennan is a young guy I like but they have pretty much no power in their OF. Gonzalez is the only what-if for power. Bell is mainly DH but they needed him for power. Would help if a guy stepped up, hard to compete with power hitting teams like the Yankees and Astros

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah OF’s have been a need for awhile now but I think the OF is coming along.

Kwan and Gonzalez and the two guys that look like studs and corner OF’s. Straw sucked offensively but if he can be decent his defense is worth it, at least as a depth gut. Right now the start CF. I would love an upgrade, maybe Reynolds but that would take a lot. Apparently PIT wants a Soto-like return for him. Brennan is a young guy I like but they have pretty much no power in their OF. Gonzalez is the only what-if for power. Bell is mainly DH but they needed him for power. Would help if a guy stepped up, hard to compete with power hitting teams like the Yankees and Astros

At least might need a platoon guy for Josh naylor

Bell would play 1b those days, in theory

Idk. Teams like CLE need to find wins on the edges of the roster

Your of is good defensively, i should’ve mentioned it as bat wise

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah at this point they either go for a middle lower tier OF’r in FA or gotta hope a guy like Gonzalez takes the next step. A team like CLE depends heavily on young talent and developing that talent. They aren’t going to make a trade for an OF at this point. I think a guy like Mancini is even out of the question

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so obviously Kwan is good in left and not going anywhere.

Straw in center hit like shit last year- but was actually pretty solid the previous year- and decent down the stretch and they just resigned him prior to this year.

in right they have Oscar Gonzalez who was their post season hero- and then Brennan who looked good at times in his limited time up- and then their best hitting prospect is a RF

I think we could use an outfielder- but it has to be a significant upgrade - and I am not sure I want to send Oscar to the bench and block Valera. If it was Bryan Reynolds- okay- but someone like Benintendi, etc....I dont think i would spend the $/prospect price ya know?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah Bell was a great pickup being a switch hitter with a little power that does not strike out. FIts perfectly and will really help the lineup against lefties.

Against lefties I can see them sitting Naylor if they get someone else- or a guy like Brennan/Gonzalez/etc. come into their own.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so obviously Kwan is good in left and not going anywhere.

Straw in center hit like shit last year- but was actually pretty solid the previous year- and decent down the stretch and they just resigned him prior to this year.

in right they have Oscar Gonzalez who was their post season hero- and then Brennan who looked good at times in his limited time up- and then their best hitting prospect is a RF

I think we could use an outfielder- but it has to be a significant upgrade - and I am not sure I want to send Oscar to the bench and block Valera. If it was Bryan Reynolds- okay- but someone like Benintendi, etc....I dont think i would spend the $/prospect price ya know?
PIT wants the moon and over for Reynolds. I'm not sure it is worth it

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is never good news for anyone. I hope he can beat this disease. His life is far more important than his baseball career.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who else gets in on Correa talks?

He’s clearly not going to be a Twin.
Why? The team is familiar with his condition and knows the player. Their medical staff is comfortable with the guaranteed years and $$$. The vesting options make additional years available for the player, and the team holds options for them if he doesn't make the vesting options.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The team is familiar with his condition and knows the player. Their medical staff is comfortable with the guaranteed years and $$$. The vesting options make additional years available for the player, and the team holds options for them if he doesn't make the vesting options.
Bob Nightengale.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think that a package of Emilio Pagan and Max Kepler would bring? A mid-level prospect or 2 would be enough for me to move them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Correa signing finally goes official, you never know. His 3rd team this offseason