• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 2 wins were good ones for the guardians

before that they had their roughest stretch of the season going 8-9 in 17 games......

still have the Blue Jays, Orioles, Royals in a row before they get a little bit of a break. I hope they can have a winning record in these next 10 games.

Twins got Oakland again coming up......getting those 2 games was big.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins just had a stretch against hte Pirates, Rockies, A's,and Rays.......while the Rays are not a bad team---def. not a good team. I knew they would make up some ground during that stretch.

Now the Twins go on the road against the A's, Diamondbacks and Mariners.....not exactly a tough stretch- but not easy either.

I think the Twins are def. the biggest competition to the Guardians over the Royals unless the Royals do something to help their bullpen and outfield......

A big deadline deal might be determinative in the AL Central.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman and Brennan do not have great overall numbers- but at least they are showing a little bit of power and doing more than what we got last year.

Manzardo and Arias have barely been playing lately.....Bo Naylor has been bad....Rocchio has been a little better- but still pretty shitty.

I wonder what the front office is focusing on with a possible deadline deal besides a SP.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is hte most impressive part about it is how average is down across the league so much.

if you adjust for league average it really is just incredible.
Already 7 HR’s too so with that increased average and getting on base he has also added more power. I heard in the offseason they used weighted bats. Naturally increases bat speed

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t watch any ball this weekend.

Twins letting Friday slip way sucks.

Being 10 games over .500 with a firm grasp on #2 WC would be big.

Royals regressing. Astros and Rangers coming.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers gotta completely blow it up offensively aside from Greene

You cant have an offense that is worse than AA teams and mentally retarded

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Matt Vierling isn’t an every day player and he’s definitely not an MLB lead off hitter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win vs. the Orioles today....needed that one with Bibee on the mound....rest of the rotation def has issues and the O's can hit--- pressure is off now in the series for the most part.

I hope they at least split the next 2- but if they dont its not a huge deal.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not having Carpenter isn't helping.

But this is the end result of refusing to buy a bat and trading away every decent one they had.

If Carp was healthy and Tork any version of his 2nd half of last year.. the offense starts looking a little different.

But this effort to fill the lineup with AAAA guys is embrassing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But this is the end result of refusing to buy a bat and trading away every decent one they had.

If Carp was healthy and Tork any version of his 2nd half of last year.. the offense starts looking a little different.

Torkelson is the one that really surprises me. It looked like he was gonna be a helluva slugger and had figured it out....

i also thought the same about Bo Naylor to a lesser extent too though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously it’s still super early for guys like Malloy, Keith and Meadows(and even still time for Tork). It’s just crazy how they all look pretty lost.

But with how good the tigers pitching is, they might be trending towards a reverse twins of the last 15ish years.

We mostly have had no troubles reloading position player options. But havent developed pitching for shit.

Tigers got some pitchers. But aside from Greene I can’t remember when they had a legit bat come up and pan out quickly(not counting carpenter cause he was really unexpected)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it’s still super early for guys like Malloy, Keith and Meadows(and even still time for Tork). It’s just crazy how they all look pretty lost.

But with how good the tigers pitching is, they might be trending towards a reverse twins of the last 15ish years.

We mostly have had no troubles reloading position player options. But havent developed pitching for shit.

Tigers got some pitchers. But aside from Greene I can’t remember when they had a legit bat come up and pan out quickly(not counting carpenter cause he was really unexpected)

Castellanos

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a wild run by the guardians right now.

Saw a stat that they are by far deadlast in hard hit %.

Regression should eventually come. But no chance it’ll be enough to make up that gap in standings.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regression should eventually come. But no chance it’ll be enough to make up that gap in standings.
It’s not how hard you hit em. It’s where and when. There are like only 10-11 teams in baseball over .500. 1/3 of the franchises are just unserious. Another 1/3 think they’re serious but are actually incompetent. Just put the ball in play and make bad baseball teams make plays. You can win a ton of baseball games with that approach. If those owners ever gave the Guardians another 60-70 million in payroll to essentially allow them to hold on to more of their home grown guys, they’d be a perennial force in MLB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought this for months bc of the starting pitching. They need one starter at the deadline, doesn't need to be a big move.
The only reason they are holding up is bc of the BP and the offense has turned a huge corner. Should I expect 100 wins? I don't think that is reasonable but like you said, probably enough to take the Central but a long way to go. Who knows

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not how hard you hit em. It’s where and when. There are like only 10-11 teams in baseball over .500. 1/3 of the franchises are just unserious. Another 1/3 think they’re serious but are actually incompetent. Just put the ball in play and make bad baseball teams make plays. You can win a ton of baseball games with that approach. If those owners ever gave the Guardians another 60-70 million in payroll to essentially allow them to hold on to more of their home grown guys, they’d be a perennial force in MLB.
Likely gotta wait until 2028. In 2022 is when they added the minority owner and I believe they said in 6 years he could take full control. Can't wait but these would be some wasted years of a nice core to wait that long. Make some moves at the deadline, doesn't have to be huge moves. They need starting pitching.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely gotta wait until 2028. In 2022 is when they added the minority owner and I believe they said in 6 years he could take full control. Can't wait but these would be some wasted years of a nice core to wait that long. Make some moves at the deadline, doesn't have to be huge moves. They need starting pitching.

The thing that makes no sense is just sell the fucking team you asshat

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins need to start trading for relievers now. Non closers don’t cost shit. Go get like 3. Don’t wait til august.

We have Jax, Durán, Alcala and then a bunch of corpses. It’s brutal.

Stewart would be a huge boost. But that guys injuries are a fucking joke

At least when Royce gets hurt we have a firm timeline and he’s usually back sooner than expected

Stewart goes on the 10 day with “precautionary arm sorneness” then fully goes off the grid with no updates for 3 months. Two years in a row. Fucking ridiculous.