• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwan is so freaking good
he is such a good player.

First- his defense is extremely good. 2 gold gloves in 2 full seasons. One of the best, if not the best leftfielder in the game.

But the bat is what makes him special. It is a combination of his eye, bat control, preparation. He has such a great feel for hitting. He is kind of a throw back player - he really focuses on contact. Eventually- I think he could get to 15 homers or so a year- he got stronger this offseason and has 4 home runs---- but he just knows how to hit.

Such a valuable player. I have said it for months--- he is the one guy they have to sign. If Naylor leaves it would suck- but he is replaceable. Kwan is not replaceable. They should have given him the same contract as Andres Gimenez a year or more ago. Now that might not be enough.

There was some crazy stat that when he faces a starting pitcher for the 3rd time- his batting average is like .620.

Now- I dont think its realistic to expect him to hit .398 all season (which is what his average is today), but I def think he has the ability to win batting titles. He also walks a little....

A .350 avg., .410 obp is definitely not out of the question.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Jose is back by Tuesday- he is on paternity leave now--- they need his bat in the lineup. Honestly- he just gives the whole team confidence. He is the teams leader and backbone. They need him.

I will make no mistake in saying he is the MVP of the AL- that is obviously Judge at this point- but Jose means so much to this team. They are a different team without him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins have a massive Lopez problem.

Guardians appear to also have quite the McKenzie problem

Both guys absolutely blow ass right now

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, if you want to put him in any discssion with Witt do it for one season at least. It’s that simple

No there's no rule for that. The discussion wasnt Royce being better than Witt. It was that those two are a class above anything else in this division for non pitchers aside from Ramirez(too old for the purpose of this) and Greene(potential).

Your only argument, is well no argument. Just stupidity of "well he might not keep it up". No shit, Witt might turn into 2021 Cody Bellinger too. Fact is neither has shown anything that it will happen.

Hey, I guess Royce is 0-3 in this game that may or may not count today. Massive slump after homering in 2 more games since your stupidity.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*cracks knuckles*

Royals about gonna get Wacha, Massey, and Bubic in a little bit it looks like. I guess Renfroe too. Next 50 games are very, very soft.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins have a massive Lopez problem.

Guardians appear to also have quite the McKenzie problem

Both guys absolutely blow ass right now

And the Tigers have a fucking astronomical offense problem

Willi Castro would be their second best player....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is locked in right now. Contributions from most everyone over the last week.

Winning AND scoring 7 on a Lewis 0/5 game.

Correa with another 3/4 with a BB game. He's getting a lot of infield hits(shockingly) but still, idk wtf is going on but he's locked the fuck in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely bonkers consistent, lack of consistency so far this season.

Started 7-13
Then went 17-3
Then lost 7 straight
Then went 9-3
Then lost 5 straight
Now 8-1

0-14 Vs top 3 in AL. 16-1 vs the 4 pure garbage teams we’ve played.

But also 25-17 vs everyone else verging from competently bad to contender.

Bonkers first 73 games. Eventually the wild swings should end. Nice to be 9 over .500 and able to hope the lack of major swings will result in a positive surge.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwan is an interesting potential player for the next 5 years. He clearly wont keep this up.

But he's shown the bat to ball skills to easily be a .300 hitter. His .268 year last year was bizarre.

If Kwan can get his average over the next 5 years to arraez territory(consistently .320ish) he will be a total menace. Cause unlike Arraez he's actually good at lot of other things. Can run. Isn't just good at D he's elite. And he walks.

And even power wise, while not a slugger he's got way more extra base in his swing than Luis

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocco just outdid himself with the new worst managed bullpen game I have ever fucking seen. Holy shit.

That's why we go on skids. The guy is a total fucking moron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwan is an interesting potential player for the next 5 years. He clearly wont keep this up.

But he's shown the bat to ball skills to easily be a .300 hitter. His .268 year last year was bizarre.

If Kwan can get his average over the next 5 years to arraez territory(consistently .320ish) he will be a total menace. Cause unlike Arraez he's actually good at lot of other things. Can run. Isn't just good at D he's elite. And he walks.

And even power wise, while not a slugger he's got way more extra base in his swing than Luis
Kwan already has 5 homers this year- his career high is 6--- so just through a 184 at bats he is almost at his career high. He can walk, showing a little more power and his bat control is awesome. He barely ever strikes out too.

He is pretty much an ideal leadoff hitter right now- and like you said- also plays top notch defense.

Having him on base for Ramirez and Naylor who have 18 hr and 19 hr respectively is a nice thing to have. If they could get Gimenez or Freeman going in the 2 hole it would be really nice.

what the Guardians really need is help in the rotation---- maybe that will come within the next couple weeks with Williams---- and maybe a little bit longer term with a trade.

Carrasco looks cooked and McKenzie has been trying to play through an obviously injured elbow--- i really dont know what the long term plan is with McKenzie. I wish last spring he wouldve just had the surgery. His fastball is not nearly what it used to be. He still has a good curveball but that is about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins going to series with the Pirates, Rockies, A's, Rays, A's def. has given them a chance to makeup so ground--- esp. when the Guardians rotation is in such flux--- with McKenzie struggling, and Lively having arm issues.

Someone on the Guardians needs to step up besides Bibee- who looks great. Even when Williams comes back I dont expect him to go more than 4 or 5 innings for a while----- but honestly- 4 or 5 good innings instead of Carrasco might be a big help.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCKenzie is literally throwing with a torn ucl--- i dont know why he just hasnt had the surgery

It’s actually torn?

Yeah, he’s got zero control and without that his numbers are likely gonna keep getting worse

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up 2 hits in 4 innings?

They walked about 9.

Up 2-1 entering the 7th. That’s Alcala-Jax-Duran. Win the game. The 3 combined to throw 14-5-15 pitches Tuesday. 9 up 9 down. Monday was off. Saturday was off. So not overworked at all.

He tried to get cute and go to Sands who sucks he imploded as expected. Then went to Okert and Staumont. They survived bases loaded jams.

With the game tied in the 9th and 10th. He still had to use Duran and Alcala anyways.

So now we lost. He used sup optimal pitchers to lose the lead. And now for todays game Duran/Alcala/Staumont/Sands are all almost certainly unavailable. Okert threw near 20 pitches so he may be too.

SWR has been solid this year but doesn’t go deep often.

It was insanity.

Oh yeah. When staumont struggled and after Alcala in the 10th. He had Thielbar and his 8 era warming both times.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocco blowing the pen last night

Left us with Sands-Okert-Jackson again today in a tie game

Mismanaging 1 game lost us 2. Unreal.

Oh also fun when royce gets walked in the 8th and they can bring in a righty for Margot because we have only have 2 lefties on the roster and zero available.

FO and manager are what holds us back

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s actually torn?

Yeah, he’s got zero control and without that his numbers are likely gonna keep getting worse
“Cleveland #Guardians RHP Triston McKenzie is pitching with a torn ligament in his right elbow. McKenzie opted against surgery last year deciding to go with rehab instead. First reported by @ByJasonLloyd & @ZackMeisel,” Guardians Prospective tweeted.