• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins chooses No. 17

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis. He played, but he didn't play well.

Kentwan Balmer?

But recent 49er first round picks have all been higher than 30, and came to much weaker teams.

So it makes perfect sense to hold a rookie on a team that lost the Conference title game in OT to the same standard as a 6-11 team.

Ya, I'll give you Balmer but Davis was a starter all season; that is production.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment is ridiculously disrespectful to King. Is there any precedence for King making up stories? Why is it "highly probable" that he made up this story?

Furthermore, his articles are all available for free. How would he be drumming up sales?

But the Washington Post couldn't be making up a story to sell newspapers.

You get more and more retarded with each post.

I think his ratings of probability are highly volatile - they changed from solid to liquid to vapor, depending on its utility (of propping up some argument). Take a look - in the same thread he has implied it was proof, then said it was him merely proposing a plausible reason - that turned into probable and if you're not convinced yet, it's now highly probable. If he cares to continue, I wouldn't be surprised if highly probable vaporizes or if he suddenly didn't say it at all.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Newsmen no longer report the news, they try to make the news; witness NBC news dubbing the 911 tapes of Zimmerman. News people disgust me only slightly less than politicians and lawyers.

So what is your basis for accusing King of making up a story? Something NBC did?

I think it's plausible that you got drunk, stole a car and ran 6 people over with it because Vernon Davis' brother has been arrested for murder.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ya, I'll give you Balmer but Davis was a starter all season; that is production.

Really? So all you're looking for is starting? I guess Alex Smith produced for us as a rookie as well.

But what about the larger point? AJ Jenkins has joined a much better team than any 49er first round pick since RW McQuarters.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree with everything in this random draft review? You said earlier James was the best pick we made. Your unnamed, unlinked reviewer disagrees with you on that.

I said James had talent and never had a beef with him other than Hunter already fills that role. I believe what I said about that pick that had all the Baalke-Harbaugh psycophants in such a tizzy was "I guess we've seen the last of Hunter". I think James is a superior player to Hunter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your basis for accusing King of making up a story? Something NBC did?

I think it's plausible that you got drunk, stole a car and ran 6 people over with it because Vernon Davis' brother has been arrested for murder.

Just like the Saints' GM said something was 1000 percent false, can something be highly plausible? Can something be highly plausible but short of highly probable?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Newsmen no longer report the news, they try to make the news; witness NBC news dubbing the 911 tapes of Zimmerman. News people disgust me only slightly less than politicians and lawyers.

and didn't you also cite the Washington Post as your source as to why he was a reach? Doesn't everything you say above demolish the credibility of your Washington Post source as well?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said James had talent and never had a beef with him other than Hunter already fills that role. I believe what I said about that pick that had all the Baalke-Harbaugh psycophants in such a tizzy was "I guess we've seen the last of Hunter". I think James is a superior player to Hunter.

So you think the best pick we made is a player that will fill a role we already filled?

I'm still wondering who's draft grade that was. Apparently it is the only credible draft grade on the web, so I'm assuming it is from 2016.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So all you're looking for is starting? I guess Alex Smith produced for us as a rookie as well.

But what about the larger point? AJ Jenkins has joined a much better team than any 49er first round pick since RW McQuarters.

Clearly not but if he remained the starter all year he must have produced at an acceptable level to the coaches and that's good enough. As for your second point about Jenkins, yes, he has joined a better team but he joined a group at his particular position who are mediocre at best. Riding the pine behind guys like Crabtree, a well past his prime Moss, and an average receiver like Manningham would not be cool.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and didn't you also cite the Washington Post as your source as to why he was a reach? Doesn't everything you say above demolish the credibility of your Washington Post source as well?

Yes, and I'm now backing it up with CNN/SI.com's embarrassing grade of "D"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the best pick we made is a player that will fill a role we already filled?
I'm still wondering who's draft grade that was. Apparently it is the only credible draft grade on the web, so I'm assuming it is from 2016.

No, I'm saying the best player we picked is a player that will fill a role we already have filled; There's a big difference. Oh, sorry., that was CNN/SI's draft grade for the Niners. A highly credible source IMO

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baloney. I expect production right away from my first round pick. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of a 49er first round pick in recent years that didn't produce in his first year. You are backpeddleing now.

What the hell backpeddling am I doing? That's the first statement I've made in the thread. Also, you can't compare this roster to the talent depleted one we had previously. Not to mention, name the last 1st round WR we took that had an impact.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clearly not but if he remained the starter all year he must have produced at an acceptable level to the coaches and that's good enough. As for your second point about Jenkins, yes, he has joined a better team but he joined a group at his particular position who are mediocre at best. Riding the pine behind guys like Crabtree, a well past his prime Moss, and an average receiver like Manningham would not be cool.

Yeah, same goes for rookie Alex Smith. He took over as the starter early in the season and started the rest of the season (save the injury).

You've dug yourself quite a grave, and you just keep digging.

Who exactly did Anthony Davis hold off at RT? Adam Snyder? Wooooooo. He was awesome.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell backpeddling am I doing? That's the first statement I've made in the thread. Also, you can't compare this roster to the talent depleted one we had previously. Not to mention, name the last 1st round WR we took that had an impact.

That was you? I thought it was DoDub. My apologies. Michael Crabtree. What do I win for naming him?

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, I'm saying the best player we picked is a player that will fill a role we already have filled; There's a big difference. Oh, sorry., that was CNN/SI's draft grade for the Niners. A highly credible source IMO

Wait, CNN/SI is highly credible for football information, but it's highly probably that their head football writer, Peter King, made up a story.

CNN/SI last year gave us a B-. We had the runner up for DROY, got a CB in the 3rd that played a lot, and played well, and got a starting FB late in the draft.

ESPN gave us a C+.

Is ESPN a credible source?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And the notion that just because a guy starts he is productive is ridiculous. I guess we should have kept Adam Snyder around to start at RG next year. Honestly, we never should have got rid of Kwame. He started, and was therefore productive.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, CNN/SI is highly credible for football information, but it's highly probably that their head football writer, Peter King, made up a story.

CNN/SI last year gave us a B-. We had the runner up for DROY, got a CB in the 3rd that played a lot, and played well, and got a starting FB late in the draft.

ESPN gave us a C+.

Is ESPN a credible source?

Yes. But a C+ is definitely nothing to brag about.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the notion that just because a guy starts he is productive is ridiculous. I guess we should have kept Adam Snyder around to start at RG next year. Honestly, we never should have got rid of Kwame. He started, and was therefore productive.

No. What would be ridiculous though is if the guy continued to start all season when he wasn't productive. Therefore I'll say Davis was productive.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was you? I thought it was DoDub. My apologies. Michael Crabtree. What do I win for naming him?

And if you look back, I specifically said a WR in the top 10. That wasn't a coincidence. Most times, there's gonna be a few elite prospects in each draft, usually less than 10. But, one elite may fall to around ten because of stupid GM's.

That said, Crabtree hasn't been elite, sadly his rookie year may have been his best. If a rookie WR isn't getting picked in the top 10, ala Megatron, Andre Johnson or AJ Green, he probably isn't elite enough to make a huge impact in his rookie year. That doesn't mean he won't/can't be good or even great, just that it will take longer.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've seen some retarded arguments before but this is maybe the worst.

A guy who is under contract for 5 years but what matters the most is his rookie year?

It matters the least.

Remember all those awesome draft grades the Cardinals got, LOL