• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins chooses No. 17

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first, and only, thing you've said on this thread that makes any sense to me and/or is not flat-out trolling.

Don't be a fool. Believing that jenkins was a terrible pick is not trolling. I believe that even FA signing Chris Owusu has a better shot at having an impact than Jenkins does.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
129156.jpeg

Its a TobyTyler spotting

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is TobyTyler the Jaguars GM in disguise?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be a fool. Believing that jenkins was a terrible pick is not trolling. I believe that even FA signing Chris Owusu has a better shot at having an impact than Jenkins does.

There's a difference between disagreeing with the pick, and throwing out one ridiculous statement after another to get a reaction out of people.

You're doing the latter. Don't be a troll.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Jenkins wasn't drafted by other teams in the first round doesn't mean they didn't have him graded out in the first round. Maybe a team who didn't need a receiver had him graded for the first. I also saw people saying that the Rams had him valued almost as high as Blackmon.

I just find it funny how Toby keeps saying that his posts are proving his points right, when they are the exact same caliber of source that he discredits everyone else for using.

Toby, if you yourself don't value him as a first round talent then that's fine, but Harbaugh and Baalke obviously did and you haven't shown any proof that they are the only ones. Not one single shred of fact has come from you in this entire thread. The only fact we have of if any team had him graded out so early is that the Niners drafted him in the first round.

I just hope he gives Mr. Rice a call.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that the story was made up to make money.

You asked for a possible reason he might make up a story. I gave you the highly probable reason that being a newspaper man he might be trying to drum up sales.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Jenkins wasn't drafted by other teams in the first round doesn't mean they didn't have him graded out in the first round. Maybe a team who didn't need a receiver had him graded for the first. I also saw people saying that the Rams had him valued almost as high as Blackmon.

I just find it funny how Toby keeps saying that his posts are proving his points right, when they are the exact same caliber of source that he discredits everyone else for using.

Toby, if you yourself don't value him as a first round talent then that's fine, but Harbaugh and Baalke obviously did and you haven't shown any proof that they are the only ones. Not one single shred of fact has come from you in this entire thread. The only fact we have of if any team had him graded out so early is that the Niners drafted him in the first round.

I just hope he gives Mr. Rice a call.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong but I'm not holding my breath. I'll make the statement now, and stand by it, that Jenkins will have little or no impact on the team this year.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that you are right and I am wrong but I'm not holding my breath. I'll make the statement now, and stand by it, that Jenkins will have little or no impact on the team this year.

Which is true for almost every rookie WR, especially if they're not top 10. Luckily, we don't draft to play guys one season.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked for a possible reason he might make up a story. I gave you the highly probable reason that being a newspaper man he might be trying to drum up sales.

No you said that the story was made up almost immediately after I showed it to you. Then I asked why he would make it up in the next post and you said to make money.

Giving a "probable" reason that it would be true doesn't make it true and it also doesn't give any proof.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is true for almost every rookie WR, especially if they're not top 10. Luckily, we don't draft to play guys one season.

Baloney. I expect production right away from my first round pick. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of a 49er first round pick in recent years that didn't produce in his first year. You are backpeddleing now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you said that the story was made up almost immediately after I showed it to you. Then I asked why he would make it up in the next post and you said to make money.

Giving a "probable" reason that it would be true doesn't make it true and it also doesn't give any proof.

No I didn't. You asked why he would make it up and I gave you a plausible reason. That you cannot except it is not my problem.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Baloney. I expect production right away from my first round pick. In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of a 49er first round pick in recent years that didn't produce in his first year. You are backpeddleing now.

I think he'll have production but I think this pick was partly keeping in mind the future as well. Moss and Ginn are on a one year deals, Manningham on 2 years, and Crabtree's contract is up pretty soon as well. So the depth at WR is quickly going to deplete.

Also I think you have to keep in mind that the roster is pretty talented and strong so besides maybe drafting a guard I didn't feel there was a pick on the board that was going to have a major impact or major production as a rookie anyhow.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That comment is ridiculously disrespectful to King. Is there any precedence for King making up stories? Why is it "highly probable" that he made up this story?

Furthermore, his articles are all available for free. How would he be drumming up sales?

But the Washington Post couldn't be making up a story to sell newspapers.

You get more and more retarded with each post.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers made WR A.J. Jenkins a shocking pick at 29, then grabbed LaMichael James at 61 — James has home-run potential, but the 49ers already have a crowded backfield with similar players. OL Joe Looney’s an injury concern, and LB Darius Fleming has a long way to go to be a productive NFL player. Grade: D"

'Nuff said.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Anthony Davis. He played, but he didn't play well.

Kentwan Balmer?

But recent 49er first round picks have all been higher than 30, and came to much weaker teams.

So it makes perfect sense to hold a rookie on a team that lost the Conference title game in OT to the same standard as a 6-11 team.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No I didn't. You asked why he would make it up and I gave you a plausible reason. That you cannot except it is not my problem.

I can definitely except your reason, but I can't accept it because it is far from plausible.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment is ridiculously disrespectful to King. Is there any precedence for King making up stories? Why is it "highly probable" that he made up this story?
Furthermore, his articles are all available for free. How would he be drumming up sales?

But the Washington Post couldn't be making up a story to sell newspapers.

You get more and more retarded with each post.

Newsmen no longer report the news, they try to make the news; witness NBC news dubbing the 911 tapes of Zimmerman. News people disgust me only slightly less than politicians and lawyers.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
""San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers made WR A.J. Jenkins a shocking pick at 29, then grabbed LaMichael James at 61 — James has home-run potential, but the 49ers already have a crowded backfield with similar players. OL Joe Looney’s an injury concern, and LB Darius Fleming has a long way to go to be a productive NFL player. Grade: D"

'Nuff said.

So you agree with everything in this random draft review? You said earlier James was the best pick we made. Your unnamed, unlinked reviewer disagrees with you on that.