• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins chooses No. 17

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, same goes for rookie Alex Smith. He took over as the starter early in the season and started the rest of the season (save the injury).

You've dug yourself quite a grave, and you just keep digging.

Who exactly did Anthony Davis hold off at RT? Adam Snyder? Wooooooo. He was awesome.

Clearly not. My arguments have all been sound and well thought out. The Davis one being prettty much unassailable. As for Smith, he had nothing, zero, to work with and you know it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and here's your ESPN analysis by Clayton who puts them near the very top of his "losers" category in the draft..

Losers:

2. San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers drew criticism in the first round when they took wide receiver A.J. Jenkins, who wasn't a first-round pick on some teams' boards. The selection of running back LaMichael James in the second round was even more puzzling. How many running backs do the 49ers need? They have Frank Gore, one of the more dependable backs in the league. Gore might be wearing out, but he's still good. Kendall Hunter is a good inside runner. They added free-agent Brandon Jacobs for short-yardage and goal line. James might be a good fit as a third-down back. The 49ers average 31 carries a game. Unless they are running off Gore, they'd need 40 carries a game to keep this group happy. The 49ers are overdoing it at running back

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and here's your ESPN analysis by Clayton who puts them near the very top of his "losers" category in the draft..

Losers:

2. San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers drew criticism in the first round when they took wide receiver A.J. Jenkins, who wasn't a first-round pick on some teams' boards. The selection of running back LaMichael James in the second round was even more puzzling. How many running backs do the 49ers need? They have Frank Gore, one of the more dependable backs in the league. Gore might be wearing out, but he's still good. Kendall Hunter is a good inside runner. They added free-agent Brandon Jacobs for short-yardage and goal line. James might be a good fit as a third-down back. The 49ers average 31 carries a game. Unless they are running off Gore, they'd need 40 carries a game to keep this group happy. The 49ers are overdoing it at running back

hmmm...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losers:

double hmmmm

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly my though.

some teams board? but toby said no team had him in the first, it shouldn't says some.

BTW john clayton also said we got worse at WR this year, because morgan and Swainn are better than Manningham and Moss.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly my though.

some teams board? but toby said no team had him in the first, it shouldn't says some.

BTW john clayton also said we got worse at WR this year, because morgan and Swainn are better than Manningham and Moss.

The argument was so ludicrous I thought my response should be just highlighting in bold all the spelling errors. Good God! Where did you go to school?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because I don't think Clayton has ever been employed by any football team, much less an NFL team, to evaluate talent. The one thing he can do is report what teams tell him, like if they had someone rated highly or not. Even then, they might be using him as a stooge but usually probably not. His opinion on prospects or a team's draft prowess is meaningless to me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don't think Clayton has ever been employed by any football team, much less an NFL team, to evaluate talent. The one thing he can do is report what teams tell him, like if they had someone rated highly or not. Even then, they might be using him as a stooge but usually probably not. His opinion on prospects or a team's draft prowess is meaningless to me.

Interesting. I have a feeling it has more to do with his review being negative however.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I have a feeling it has more to do with his review being negative however.

Bleacher Report has something about us with an A- or so. Everything they write it pretty much worthless. If someone like Polian, Casserly or Lombardi says something I would listen a little more but still with a grain of salt for two reasons.

1) They were fired as GM's.

2) They are now reporters and sometimes negative comments are better for ratings.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't. You asked why he would make it up and I gave you a plausible reason. That you cannot except it is not my problem.

And why would I ask why he would make it up if you didn't say so first?

Once again have you proof for your claims or are you just going to keep going on and on?

It is your problem that you make bold statements that you cannot prove.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers made WR A.J. Jenkins a shocking pick at 29, then grabbed LaMichael James at 61 — James has home-run potential, but the 49ers already have a crowded backfield with similar players. OL Joe Looney’s an injury concern, and LB Darius Fleming has a long way to go to be a productive NFL player. Grade: D"

'Nuff said.

BWAHAHAHHAHAAHAH Is this your proof that no TEAM was considering him in the 1st? More stuff from sports writers? Lol you still haven't figured out that the sports writers are different from the teams huh?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsmen no longer report the news, they try to make the news; witness NBC news dubbing the 911 tapes of Zimmerman. News people disgust me only slightly less than politicians and lawyers.

And yet everything you post is from "news people" and nothing from the teams. HMMMMM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I'm now backing it up with CNN/SI.com's embarrassing grade of "D"

Oh you mean the same place that the liar Peter King works? Do you hate and disbelieve all the sources you are going to post? Lol

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm saying the best player we picked is a player that will fill a role we already have filled; There's a big difference. Oh, sorry., that was CNN/SI's draft grade for the Niners. A highly credible source IMO

A highly credible source? Didn't you just say that one of their top writers makes up stories for money? Which is it?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losers:

You have to be the dumbest person who has ever posted. Did you completely miss the part where he says SOME teams? I seriously think you have trouble with reading comprehension.

BTW doesn't the fact that he said SOME teams and not ALL teams prove your wrong in your own source?

HMMMM indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you mean why? Have you not been following along at all? How can you be this dumb?

He isn't interested in Clayton's story because he does not work for an NFL team.

Have you forgotten that you said no TEAM had him rated as a 1st rounder. You said nothing about sports writers except how much you hated them.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this and Toby still hasn't been able to present one thread of proof that even comes close to proving his point.

Not one quote from one GM in the NFL that said they didn't have AJ as a 1st rounder. Not one. You better hurry up Toby you still have 31 to go.

LMAO

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losers:

drafting for present and for the future? duh