• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins chooses No. 17

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument was so ludicrous I thought my response should be just highlighting in bold all the spelling errors. Good God! Where did you go to school?

oh em geez mah poztz hadz demz typoz inz themz

no point about the SOME teams part?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsmen no longer report the news, they try to make the news; witness NBC news dubbing the 911 tapes of Zimmerman. News people disgust me only slightly less than politicians and lawyers.

Thanks NN.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go, so I don't know if this has been posted yet.

A.J. Jenkins Arrives in San Francisco

thanks for posting that. Watching that video actually has me more fired up about the pick. He seems to have a great attitude. You can tell he's a mature guy by the fact that he was still working on school work when he doesn't really need too.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does AJ Jenkins look a little bit like D-Wade?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NU decided not to cover him that game so that kind of production is certainly not the norm.

AJ had some battles against Mich, Ohio St., Western Michigan and Penn St. though. They focused on him and made his awful QB look well...awful. LOTS of short shit where he had a guy or two already on him, overthrows, underthrows, and throws right to defenders lol. AJ had very little space and very little after the catch. He showed he wasn't shy on contact and went after the catch and made it most of the time.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think these Universities that just had players taken in the draft would get with their video departments and create an advertising highlight reel on the players. What an excellent way to use the medium of YouTube to bring attention to their school while providing something much better than these 15-pass highlight reels from one game.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NU decided not to cover him that game so that kind of production is certainly not the norm.

That was my take when I saw these. The clips left me less impressed with AJ and more disappointed for Northwestern's DB's. I do like, as some others have noted, how he goes after the ball and snatches it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my take when I saw these. The clips left me less impressed with AJ and more disappointed for Northwestern's DB's. I do like, as some others have noted, how he goes after the ball and snatches it.

Check out his other games on youtube. Here is the one with Western Michigan and Ohio St.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the Penn St. and Michigan games.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray - Thanks for posting these video's.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No. What would be ridiculous though is if the guy continued to start all season when he wasn't productive. Therefore I'll say Davis was productive.

So Alex Smith was productive as a rookie.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clearly not. My arguments have all been sound and well thought out. The Davis one being prettty much unassailable. As for Smith, he had nothing, zero, to work with and you know it.

You cited a single newspaper source, that didn't even have an author attached to it, as your unassailable evidence that no teams had Jenkins with a first round grade.

You then dismissed Peter King saying some did because it's his job to sell newspapers so it is "highly probable" he made it up.

But the Washington Post story, a newspaper, doesn't fall into that category. You haven't addressed why yet.

You say that any rookie who starts and keeps his starting job is productive. Therefore Alex Smith was productive as a rookie. You want to stand by that statement? Don't make excuses about the surrounding talent. He had Kwame Harris at LT, who was never benched as a rookie.