• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins chooses No. 17

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You asked for a possible reason he might make up a story. I gave you the highly probable reason that being a newspaper man he might be trying to drum up sales.

Here you go Nonsense. The "highly probable" reason that he is trying to drum up sales through making up stories.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Both. I thought that was quite clear. Shefter is a shill. here's a btter evaluation:

Coming into the 2012 NFL draft, one name that people expected to hear on Friday (when Rounds 2 and 3 are selected) was Illinois WR A.J. Jenkins.

Jenkins had a monster year for Illinois in 2011, catching 90 passes for 1,276 yards and eight touchdowns. His production tapered off as Illinois slumped down the stretch, though. In the last six games, he averaged only six catches per game and caught one total touchdown.

Between the disappointing end to his (and Illinois') season and a lack of ideal size, Jenkins' draft stock was never exceedingly high (NFL.com says he has "fifth-round value" and manages to make even that sound optimistic).

What few people expected, however, was San Francisco making Jenkins its first-round pick, which is what happened at Thursday's first round of the NFL draft.

Jenkins himself didn't even expect it, according to The Washington Post. He was reportedly in the bathroom when a family member told him that his phone was ringing.

Via the Post:

The bold is yours. "One name that people expected to hear. . . " It's his opinion what other people expected to hear? That should cost him (his name doesn't even come with the story) all his credibility. On two occasions he states his opinion of how others think?

Why is this random person more credible than any poster on this board? If it's his opinion, and he doesn't even put a name to it, why should we accept it as "unassailable?" How is his opinion more credible than mine? What are his references for NFL talent evaluator?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't noticed yet, this is just NN's usual schtick. He chooses a target each off season and goes overboard with hate. This year doing it with a coach doesn't make sense so he is cutting hunter and thinks AJ will be the worst WR in 49ers history, cause he went at the end of 1 instead of 2.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Nonsense. The "highly probable" reason that he is trying to drum up sales through making up stories.

Can't argue with it. There it is in black and white. I'll change now to a "possible" reason which is what I should have said.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is yours. "One name that people expected to hear. . . " It's his opinion what other people expected to hear? That should cost him (his name doesn't even come with the story) all his credibility. On two occasions he states his opinion of how others think?

Why is this random person more credible than any poster on this board? If it's his opinion, and he doesn't even put a name to it, why should we accept it as "unassailable?" How is his opinion more credible than mine? What are his references for NFL talent evaluator?

Probably because his opinion is published in the Post and ours aren't.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't noticed yet, this is just NN's usual schtick. He chooses a target each off season and goes overboard with hate. This year doing it with a coach doesn't make sense so he is cutting hunter and thinks AJ will be the worst WR in 49ers history, cause he went at the end of 1 instead of 2.

The Niners created this target of opportunity with this inexplicable pick. I believe that eventually the 49ers will have to choose between Hunter and James but, regardless of whether the do or not, they've added two running backs and I've only identified one as a sure cut; that being Dixon. Looking at who they have left, and assuming that James won't be cut, the most obvious cut would be Hunter since he performs the same role that James is expected to fill.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners created this target of opportunity with this inexplicable pick. I believe that eventually the 49ers will have to choose between Hunter and James but, regardless of whether the do or not, they've added two running backs and I've only identified one as a sure cut; that being Dixon. Looking at who they have left, and assuming that James won't be cut, the most obvious cut would be Hunter since he performs the same role that James is expected to fill.

I think its time to break out the troll beating clubs

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sry I don't see hunter and James as the same type of runner. Hunter has a great burst through the hole and can break tackles. But he is t a HR threat everytime he has the ball in his hand like James. James is fast and quick. Has great vision and moves. He is slippery. I don't see how they are all that similar.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, RayDogg or mem49er, or anyone else that thinks they can evaluate WRs can you compare Dwight Jones and AJ Jenkins?

Two different body types obviously. Jones put some bad things on tape with those clips. The most alarming is he doesn't have natural catching ability. He doesn't reach out and pluck the ball. A lot of drops, some as a result of letting the ball get too close to him before he makes the grab. A lot of cradling the ball into the chest and stomach. The other thing that jumps out is he runs heavy in his breaks and doesn't have the razor sharp route running. He really reminded me of Vernon Davis in his early years with us actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to say this about Dwight Jones, he usually catches everything the Mizzou game was the weakest of his career, likely due to him being suspended, reinstated, and all the other fiasco. I think Dwight Jones is much more physical, and better catching the ball in traffic (even though he is awful in the Missouri game) Jenkins is quicker with his feet, and a better route runner. Jones wants to run you over, whereas Jenkins seems to be make an effort to get by you first. Of course, I am judging all of this on just seeing a little bit of film on Jenkins and every play of Jones' career.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

maybe 2-3 seasons from now they might have to choose who gets more reps? but right now Hunter is Gore's main back-up, and Dixon and Jacobs will be out before Hunter.

in fact, i think Dixon and Jacobs will be out before this season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe 2-3 seasons from now they might have to choose who gets more reps? but right now Hunter is Gore's main back-up, and Dixon and Jacobs will be out before Hunter.

in fact, i think Dixon and Jacobs will be out before this season.

I think it will be up to Jacobs whether he is gone or not. He definitely has a role to fill but does he have the will and desire required to do it to Harbaugh's satisfaction. I believe that if he wants to be he can be a force down by the goal line; an area where the 49ers were pathetic last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it will be up to Jacobs whether he is gone or not. He definitely has a role to fill but does he have the will and desire required to do it to Harbaugh's satisfaction. I believe that if he wants to be he can be a force down by the goal line; an area where the 49ers were pathetic last year.

what IS his role and is that role worth a roster spot? cause if he holds a spot, we lose another player somewhere else.

has he ever been a FORCE in short yardage? do we need to add another RB for short yardage, or can we use Miller? what about using a linemen? is our short yardage woes only on the RB, or no push up front?

IMO Hunter is just fine as Gore's back-up, we don't need another RB waiting on the bench. then if there's a few reps past Gore and Hunter, rather James get it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what IS his role and is that role worth a roster spot? cause if he holds a spot, we lose another player somewhere else.

has he ever been a FORCE in short yardage? do we need to add another RB for short yardage, or can we use Miller? what about using a linemen? is our short yardage woes only on the RB, or no push up front?

IMO Hunter is just fine as Gore's back-up, we don't need another RB waiting on the bench. then if there's a few reps past Gore and Hunter, rather James get it.

Not like he should be with his size but he did score 8 touchdowns last year, didn't he?