• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins chooses No. 17

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm smart enough to know that just because you are drafted in the first round does not mean you have first round talent. You on the other hand........

I don't think you're smart enough to know 2+2.

You're telling me Ryan Leaf didn't have first round talent?

But don't go trying to get away from your original statement. I want you to prove that the Niners were the only team with a first round grade on Jenkins.

Then we'll discuss how you determine what players have first round talent. I assume you don't watch film of every prospect. Of course, you know what they say happens when we assume (well, you probably don't, but every one else does). They say when you assume you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me." It's a saying because if you put ass, u and me together it spells assume. (I can't believe I have to explain this to someone who can type).

My assumption won't make an ass out of you and me though, I only risk making an ass of myself because you already made an ass out of you.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His twitter count following helps give credibility to his shill stuff that he gets paid for such as "10 things I think I know".

No, the stuff he writes is why he has the following on twitter.

Explain why King is not reliable but "random, unnamed Washington Post contributor" is.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wrong. My point is that he is not worthy of a first round pick. Unfortuanetly, I'll probably be proven correct.

You've said multiple times that no teams other than the Niners had a first round grade on him.

Prove it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez, he's still going? Lol let me read back and see what I missed

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His twitter count following helps give credibility to his shill stuff that he gets paid for such as "10 things I think I know".

HE GAVE THE INFO AWAY FOR FREE!!!

Two questions. 1) how does anything you just said prove that he made this up 2) how does any of this prove your point to begin with?

You are trying to lead us away from the actual arguement with nonsense.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm smart enough to know that just because you are drafted in the first round does not mean you have first round talent. You on the other hand........

But you aren't smart enough to realize that just because Mel Kiper (or the Washington Post) doesn't have someone rated in the 1st round, it doesn't mean that the actual teams felt the same way?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're smart enough to know 2+2.

You're telling me Ryan Leaf didn't have first round talent?
But don't go trying to get away from your original statement. I want you to prove that the Niners were the only team with a first round grade on Jenkins.

Then we'll discuss how you determine what players have first round talent. I assume you don't watch film of every prospect. Of course, you know what they say happens when we assume (well, you probably don't, but every one else does). They say when you assume you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me." It's a saying because if you put ass, u and me together it spells assume. (I can't believe I have to explain this to someone who can type).

My assumption won't make an ass out of you and me though, I only risk making an ass of myself because you already made an ass out of you.

I am. His performance on the field proved it. Stop trying to change the subject though. You said if a person is drafted in the first round, he has first round talent. I say that's not true and so proved that little gem of yours to be a farce.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE GAVE THE INFO AWAY FOR FREE!!!

Two questions. 1) how does anything you just said prove that he made this up 2) how does any of this prove your point to begin with?

You are trying to lead us away from the actual arguement with nonsense.

It doesn't prove that he made it up. You asked why he would do it and I gave you a plausible reason. The argument is that jenkins was a poor selection in the first round and very likely would have been available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am. His performance on the field proved it. Stop trying to change the subject though. You said if a person is drafted in the first round, he has first round talent. I say that's not true and so proved that little gem of yours to be a farce.

If a player is drafted in the first round, he has first round talent. That is correct. Whether or not that talent is realized in the NFL is a separate discussion. There are other factors than talent influence a player's success in the NFL.

Now, please prove that SF was the only team to give Jenkins a first round grade.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It doesn't prove that he made it up. You asked why he would do it and I gave you a plausible reason. The argument is that jenkins was a poor selection in the first round and very likely would have been available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

No, you gave a reason. It was not plausible. King's career is based on providing accurate information to his audience. Making up this information hurts his career.

Prove that the Niners were the only team to give Jenkins a first round grade.

How did the Saints grade him? Prove it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's strange because every "expert" had Leaf as a 1st rounder. Isn't that the only thing that matters?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ all these teams are so stupid for not selecting james brown yet, he was projected by draft experts to be a 2nd rounder, yet he is still available! We all know draft experts > all nfl teams.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I asked for PROOF that he made it up.

So your entire arguement rests on your belief that Peter King made up a conversation he had with team sources and this somehow proves your point?

Once again you are grasping and still proving nothing.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby you are just spinning your tires, you have gotten no closer to proving anything.

A mature person would just admit that they made a comment out of frustration that they could not prove was correct.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Back on topic I do like the fact that it appears Jenkins can actually make tough catches.

I'm going to try to tread carefully here since I don't want to turn this into a Smith thread but I felt for as many big plays Smith missed on there were quite a few where I thought the receiver could've made a tough catch on them.

Seemed like the group last year couldn't catch anything unless it was a perfect pass and if playing the WR position was all about catching perfect passes than guys like Johnson and Fitz wouldn't be consider the studs they are.

So I'm glad to have guys on the team that might actually make a few highlight worthy catches.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is drafted in the first round, he has first round talent. That is correct. Whether or not that talent is realized in the NFL is a separate discussion. There are other factors than talent influence a player's success in the NFL.

Now, please prove that SF was the only team to give Jenkins a first round grade.

Yes, I agree first round picks have first round talent. They have done something in college that warrants a first round pick. Whether that talent leads to success in the NFL is another debate. Poor Toby actually defended your point a few posts earlier.

What Toby doesn't seem to understand is that there isn't a significant drop off in talent from the last pick in round 1 vs. The first pick in round 2 but he would like you to believe there is.

At #30, I pm fine with AJ Jenkins as he fits the niners needs now and in the future. With a bigger arm like Kaep waiting, we need a downfield guy after Alex.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic I do like the fact that it appears Jenkins can actually make tough catches.

I'm going to try to tread carefully here since I don't want to turn this into a Smith thread but I felt for as many big plays Smith missed on there were quite a few where I thought the receiver could've made a tough catch on them.

Seemed like the group last year couldn't catch anything unless it was a perfect pass and if playing the WR position was all about catching perfect passes than guys like Johnson and Fitz wouldn't be consider the studs they are.

So I'm glad to have guys on the team that might actually make a few highlight worthy catches.

I also believe Smith missed a few throws because there isn't much separation from WRs. Im hoping Jenkins changes that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha. No we get to the root of your problem. No point going further if the whole premise to your argument is built on a false belief.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked for PROOF that he made it up.

So your entire arguement rests on your belief that Peter King made up a conversation he had with team sources and this somehow proves your point?

Once again you are grasping and still proving nothing.

WHy would I want to try and prove something I never said?