• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Jenkins chooses No. 17

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco head coach Jim Harbaugh said the team clocked him running a 4.31-second 40-yard dash at the NFL combine. Central Florida cornerback Josh Robinson had the fastest official time (4.33) in Indianapolis and Jenkins ranked sixth (4.39).

Link for where Hartbaugh said he had a chance to be a starter.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its proven in two ways. The rating of him by all the draft experts as a 2nd or 3rd round talent and by the fact that 29 teams selected before the Niners and no one picked him so obviously they didn't see him as 1st round talent. With only two teams behind the Niners, odds are prett good that they dion't either. Tell me you heard his name mentioned even once anywhere as a first round pick.

Wait wait, in your last post you said that no team had him rated as a 1st rounder and now you say that no draft expert had hiim rated as a 1st rounder, which is it? Because draft experts do not equal teams. You don't honestly think that the teams go to Mel Kiper before they pick do you?

Once again, PROVE that no team had him rated as a 1st rounder. It is impossible to prove unless you go to all 32 teams and ask them. Which I'm sure you can't do, so its a ridiculous statement that you aren't able to prove.

I will take Shefter's word that he was told that teams had Jenkins rated ahead of Michael Floyd. I don't see any reason for him to lie about it, do you?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait wait, in your last post you said that no team had him rated as a 1st rounder and now you say that no draft expert had hiim rated as a 1st rounder, which is it? Because draft experts do not equal teams. You don't honestly think that the teams go to Mel Kiper before they pick do you?

Once again, PROVE that no team had him rated as a 1st rounder. It is impossible to prove unless you go to all 32 teams and ask them. Which I'm sure you can't do, so its a ridiculous statement that you aren't able to prove.

I will take Shefter's word that he was told that teams had Jenkins rated ahead of Michael Floyd. I don't see any reason for him to lie about it, do you?

Both. I thought that was quite clear. Shefter is a shill. here's a btter evaluation:

Coming into the 2012 NFL draft, one name that people expected to hear on Friday (when Rounds 2 and 3 are selected) was Illinois WR A.J. Jenkins.

Jenkins had a monster year for Illinois in 2011, catching 90 passes for 1,276 yards and eight touchdowns. His production tapered off as Illinois slumped down the stretch, though. In the last six games, he averaged only six catches per game and caught one total touchdown.

Between the disappointing end to his (and Illinois') season and a lack of ideal size, Jenkins' draft stock was never exceedingly high (NFL.com says he has "fifth-round value" and manages to make even that sound optimistic).

What few people expected, however, was San Francisco making Jenkins its first-round pick, which is what happened at Thursday's first round of the NFL draft.

Jenkins himself didn't even expect it, according to The Washington Post. He was reportedly in the bathroom when a family member told him that his phone was ringing.

Via the Post:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If teams cared what Kiper though, Bruce Irvin would not have been taken so high. But according to sources at leats 7 teams had Irvin in the top 15. You gotta stop basing everything on what these draft "experts" have to say.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both. I thought that was quite clear. Shefter is a shill. here's a btter evaluation:

Coming into the 2012 NFL draft, one name that people expected to hear on Friday (when Rounds 2 and 3 are selected) was Illinois WR A.J. Jenkins.

Jenkins had a monster year for Illinois in 2011, catching 90 passes for 1,276 yards and eight touchdowns. His production tapered off as Illinois slumped down the stretch, though. In the last six games, he averaged only six catches per game and caught one total touchdown.

Between the disappointing end to his (and Illinois') season and a lack of ideal size, Jenkins' draft stock was never exceedingly high (NFL.com says he has "fifth-round value" and manages to make even that sound optimistic).

What few people expected, however, was San Francisco making Jenkins its first-round pick, which is what happened at Thursday's first round of the NFL draft.

Jenkins himself didn't even expect it, according to The Washington Post. He was reportedly in the bathroom when a family member told him that his phone was ringing.

Via the Post:

Now you are just saying things you can't prove. Obviously more than one team had Jenkins in the 1st as he was taken there, and another team had his rated in ahead of Floyd who was a consensus 1st rounder. You are just grasping at straw right now.

So you are taking an article as meaning all teams believed that way? Even when presented with teams who have said the opposite. ONce again you gotta stop listenig to these guys, they aren't GM's and their word is not law.

BTW Schefter wasn't giving an evaluation, he was reporting something that was told to him directly from the team. You see the difference? One is an evaluation done by a writer and the other is a report from a TEAM. The exact thing you said wasn't true. Can you just admit you were wrong now instead of posting articles from more writers?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another one from Peter King. Man everyone must be in on this lie:

@SI_PeterKing:

Just talked to one team with a receiver need who liked first-round stunner AJ Jenkins over Michael Floyd.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets also not forget that it was reported that STL was going to take Jenkins at 33. But that doesn't matter either since it isn't a 1st rounder, who cares if it is only 3 picks ahead of where he was actually taken.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are just saying things you can't prove. Obviously more than one team had Jenkins in the 1st as he was taken there, and another team had his rated in ahead of Floyd who was a consensus 1st rounder. You are just grasping at straw right now.

So you are taking an article as meaning all teams believed that way? Even when presented with teams who have said the opposite. ONce again you gotta stop listenig to these guys, they aren't GM's and their word is not law.

BTW Schefter wasn't giving an evaluation, he was reporting something that was told to him directly from the team. You see the difference? One is an evaluation done by a writer and the other is a report from a TEAM. The exact thing you said wasn't true. Can you just admit you were wrong now instead of posting articles from more writers?

Bullshit. My post was clearly a link or do you need the url? You haven't shown one team who said he was 1st round talent except the 49ers. Shefter's story is just made up for news. I proved that he was evlauated in general as 2nd or 3rd round talent and possibly not even 5th.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets also not forget that it was reported that STL was going to take Jenkins at 33. But that doesn't matter either since it isn't a 1st rounder, who cares if it is only 3 picks ahead of where he was actually taken.

That rumor could be the reason the 49ers panicked and grabbed him in the first. Its the only thing that makes sense because clearly he is not first round, or perhaps even second round talent.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. My post was clearly a link or do you need the url? You haven't shown one team who said he was 1st round talent except the 49ers. Shefter's story is just made up for news. I proved that he was evlauated in general as 2nd or 3rd round talent and possibly not even 5th.

No you said no TEAM considered him a 1st rounder outside of us. Posting a story written by a draft "expert" doesn't prove crap.

Shefter and Peter King both made up the same story? They are both involved in that "lie"? What do they have to gain by making this up? This has actually gotten to be kind of funny to see you scramble.

Once again prove you statement to be correct. Show statements from TEAMS that said they didn't consider him to be a first rounder. I'll also take team sources that say the same.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That rumor could be the reason the 49ers panicked and grabbed him in the first. Its the only thing that makes sense because clearly he is not first round, or perhaps even second round talent.

Ok so you can post stories from a writer as proof of what teams are thinking and I can't post news from team sources?

How the hell does that makes sense? Lol are these writers directly connected to the teams? Are they in the war rooms and see the boards of every team? Because that is the only way they would be credible. Once again you've proven nothing.

Stop showing what draft "experts" and sports writer say and start posting some stuff directly from the teams since that was your original arguement.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its proven in two ways. The rating of him by all the draft experts as a 2nd or 3rd round talent and by the fact that 29 teams selected before the Niners and no one picked him so obviously they didn't see him as 1st round talent. With only two teams behind the Niners, odds are prett good that they dion't either. Tell me you heard his name mentioned even once anywhere as a first round pick.

Are you retarded?

Because other teams didn't pick him in the first, it means they didn't have a first round grade on him? Were the Colts supposed to take him instead of Luck? Did the Saints pass on him in the first? How about the Falcons? For all you know every team that picked ahead of us may have had him as a top 3 pick, but one or two guys they ranked higher was available.

The argument that he was a first round pick is easy: He was drafted in the first round.

Oh, but the draft experts didn't list him as a first round pick? Are these the same draft experts that listed Massie as a potential first rounder?

You're using second grade logic. Stop being a retard.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Via the Post:

So your source is the Washington Post (not even a writer for the Post, just the paper in general)? That tells you Jenkins was not a first rounder in any TEAM'S mind?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

All you've proven is that you're a retard.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you retarded?

Because other teams didn't pick him in the first, it means they didn't have a first round grade on him? Were the Colts supposed to take him instead of Luck? Did the Saints pass on him in the first? How about the Falcons? For all you know every team that picked ahead of us may have had him as a top 3 pick, but one or two guys they ranked higher was available.

The argument that he was a first round pick is easy: He was drafted in the first round.

Oh, but the draft experts didn't list him as a first round pick? Are these the same draft experts that listed Massie as a potential first rounder?

You're using second grade logic. Stop being a retard.

Lol rep that.

Apparently he thinks Mel Kiper and his like, call in the picks for every team except for us.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol dammit I wanted to rep this one too but it wouldn't let me.
I repped him for you. Somebody needs to disconnect this clowns keyboard.
He doesn't have a clue as to how the draft works.
:der:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I repped him for you. Somebody needs to disconnect this clowns keyboard.
He doesn't have a clue as to how the draft works.
:der:

Lol thank you!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so you can post stories from a writer as proof of what teams are thinking and I can't post news from team sources?

How the hell does that makes sense? Lol are these writers directly connected to the teams? Are they in the war rooms and see the boards of every team? Because that is the only way they would be credible. Once again you've proven nothing.

Stop showing what draft "experts" and sports writer say and start posting some stuff directly from the teams since that was your original arguement.

You haven't posted anything from a team source; at least not one that I can find.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out soon enough I guess whether he has first round talent or not.