• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ finally gone

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded to chiefs for Baldwin

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: Wow -- teams swap disaapointing WR draft picks ... @adamteicher #Chiefs trade Jon Baldwin to 49ers for WR AJ Jenkins

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Baldwin has a reception 20 to be exact.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off topic but i hope Baldwin wears a real wr number in the 80s

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting....Baldwin's hands looked crappy the other night. One, it looked like he alligator-armed to avoid getting punished over the middle. I like his size though. Hopefully, Boldin can teach him to play more like him.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Props to Baalke. Criticism is deserved for making the selection in the first place, but there was no ego in this move. Admitting the mistake, trying to make something out of it.

I'd argue that both players are better fits on their new teams. Can't comment on Baldwin too much as I haven't seen him play since his time at Pitt, but Jenkins strikes me as an Andy Reid type of receiver.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn. AJ wasn't a waste afterallllll. lol.

Phucking sad! Now it is officially a "wasted pick" or is it?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brilliance of this trade is not in who we got back but the worst case scenario now. If we had cut AJ, we would have been on the hook for a cap hit. If I understand Baldwin's contract correctly, if we were to cut him, we would incur zero cap hit.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WooHoo! Aj's finally gone!

Excited-Amy-Adams-In-Cute-Dress-Reaction-Gif_zpsa152083a.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brilliance of this trade is not in who we got back but the worst case scenario now. If we had cut AJ, we would have been on the hook for a cap hit. If I understand Baldwin's contract correctly, if we were to cut him, we would incur zero cap hit.

Now THAT, would be a brilliant move

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really torn on this one. Baldwin has great size and physical talent, obviously. But the guy's a head-case. He'll have two weeks to work with the team before we make a decision, which means he's virtually guaranteed a roster spot as we liked him enough to go get him. But at least we got something for Jenkins. Really hope he doesn't end up blossoming for the Chiefs.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Must have completely ran out of patience with AJ. The thing I don't like about this move is that Baldwin has been in the league for an additional year and you see how he looked. We are on the hook with for him though, so I guess he gets a spot unless he's completely useless.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really torn on this one. Baldwin has great size and physical talent, obviously. But the guy's a head-case. He'll have two weeks to work with the team before we make a decision, which means he's virtually guaranteed a roster spot as we liked him enough to go get him. But at least we got something for Jenkins. Really hope he doesn't end up blossoming for the Chiefs.

This is how I feel. I'm sure this is based more on practice then games but our 2nd team offense was down right offensive. The Oline play was bad the QB play was bad I felt that if they wanted to evaluate AJ fairly he should have played with the 1st team or came in against the 3rd team and see if he would dominate them. I feel we gave AJ a raw deal but that is in the past now so I hope Baldwin can be a major impact on our team now

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is how I feel. I'm sure this is based more on practice then games but our 2nd team offense was down right offensive. The Oline play was bad the QB play was bad I felt that if they wanted to evaluate AJ fairly he should have played with the 1st team or came in against the 3rd team and see if he would dominate them. I feel we gave AJ a raw deal but that is in the past now so I hope Baldwin can be a major impact on our team now

I think Alex Smith had a say in this. He saw AJ in practice and probably know that he would be a great fit in that scheme they are running.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Jenkins got some snaps with the first team and he also got to play against KC's starters. Watched the game on TV until midway 2nd quarter. TV announcers povided no insight. I listened on radio afterwards and Eric Davis kept saying that Jenkins was not getting enough separation from press coverage