• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ finally gone

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
whaaaa?

strong stuff, he has to catch the ball first.............consistently.

It's not that strong. He doesn't exactly have stiff competition. Next year, the only other WR under contract are Crabby & Patton, and that's only for the 2014 season.

...if the Niners are smart, DHB will be under contract next year as well. Just sayin'.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Harbaalke making a move to rectify an obvious yet unfortunate draft pick... surprised KC helped us out yet again... now I got to sign that thank you card... lol

Any hoot, good to see AJ gone, honestly I'm glad and not surprised he didn't last long due to the fact his number wasn't called and a walk on(loose wording) got the call on that big third down play in the NFC title gm... that right there said everything you need to know IMO...

Baldwin? well, big and fast is a plus, especially for Kaep who throws high(ish) so this could work out for us... we need reliable hands out there and lets see if Baldwin takes advantage of a big opportunity here...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so happy about this trade. Made my day

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting note:

Baldwin is only a month older than AJ Jenkins (just turned 24). He's still in those dangerously-stupid years for a guy with off-field problems like Baldwin has though.

I had wanted to look into that. AJ is older for a second-year player.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not that strong. He doesn't exactly have stiff competition. Next year, the only other WR under contract are Crabby & Patton, and that's only for the 2014 season.

...if the Niners are smart, DHB will be under contract next year as well. Just sayin'.

I was referring to Baldwin himself, who hasn't shown THAT much to date? then he's been showing POOR hands per articles I've read. didn't he drop three passes last week?

so he won't survive himself if he can't get his skills together. then he only has two weeks to show it, or are we going to keep him based purely on potential? if we were going to do this, then wouldn't we have just kept Jenkins?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was referring to Baldwin himself, who hasn't shown THAT much to date? then he's been showing POOR hands per articles I've read. didn't he drop three passes last week?

so he won't survive himself if he can't get his skills together. then he only has two weeks to show it, or are we going to keep him based purely on potential? if we were going to do this, then wouldn't we have just kept Jenkins?

Right...

And if he can't catch an Alex Smith lob pass, how is he supposed to catch a Kaepernick finger-breaker?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to find a new whipping boy.

With Smith and Walker gone, and now Jenkins, pickings are slim. May I suggest Kyle Williams. Folks are already putting impossible expectations on him.

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mistake that TB made with Jenkins was that he didn't evaluate enough of the red flags in his scouting report. Now they knew that he wasn't strong enough for the role they wanted him to play and expected that with a good off season weight program he would be able to acquire the needed strength. His reports said that he played slower than his actual speed. When putting on gear affects your speed so much that's a sign of weakness. Also that he had trouble maintaining weight. Now he played for a major college football program not for a D11 college. They had obviously been working with him already in regards to strength and weight. Some players just genetically have a lower weight and strength ceiling and that was what TB never considered. They also thought since he didn;t hit the weights his first year that he still had that upside left. His success was always predicated on an increase in strength, so when his weight training this year didn't produce the desired results they knew it was hopeless and they had to cut their losses. No amount of extra time would have changed the outcome.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mistake that TB made with Jenkins was that he didn't evaluate enough of the red flags in his scouting report. Now they knew that he wasn't strong enough for the role they wanted him to play and expected that with a good off season weight program he would be able to acquire the needed strength. His reports said that he played slower than his actual speed. When putting on gear affects your speed so much that's a sign of weakness. Also that he had trouble maintaining weight. Now he played for a major college football program not for a D11 college. They had obviously been working with him already in regards to strength and weight. Some players just genetically have a lower weight and strength ceiling and that was what TB never considered. They also thought since he didn;t hit the weights his first year that he still had that upside left. His success was always predicated on an increase in strength, so when his weight training this year didn't produce the desired results they knew it was hopeless and they had to cut their losses. No amount of extra time would have changed the outcome.

i never really understood the jenkins and james picks. it was obvious they wanted more speed, but i think they paid a high price for what they got. especially with jenkins. he's a slot guy at best. u can grab those in the 3rd or 4th.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never really understood the jenkins and james picks. it was obvious they wanted more speed, but i think they paid a high price for what they got. especially with jenkins. he's a slot guy at best. u can grab those in the 3rd or 4th.

I agree on Jenkins; he is a legit bust but I think the jury is still out on James. If he continues to work and improve I think he can be another Darren Sproules-type back.

I think the 49ers plan to use James and Hunter to try and make up for the extreme lack of speed on the outside.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this clip and to me it looks like AJ comes off a little defeated- not too enthused about the whole situation. Total 180 from the smiles on the sideline during the preseason game.
AJ Jenkins Arrives In KC

Interested to see Baldwin's first interview and his reaction to being traded.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I find this hard to believe.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never really understood the jenkins and james picks. it was obvious they wanted more speed, but i think they paid a high price for what they got. especially with jenkins. he's a slot guy at best. u can grab those in the 3rd or 4th.[/QUOTE]

BINGO !

I was saying that the exact moment they selected this guy.

Remember, this was a weak WR class to begin with... so it wasn't like they were reaching for a potential star, they were in essence reaching for a potential 3rd WR... I never got the pick..

What is bizarre in this entire scenario, was the fact that Baalke has been so spot on with the rest of his moves, and this one was a whiff from day one... it's almost as somebody ELSE made this pick.