• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ finally gone

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is a legitimate deep threat because of his size and his 4.4 forty speed.

I've always like big and fast over small and fast. We'll see.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baldwin could be safe on the roster until Crabtee comes back around Dec. That's the same boat I was thinking for Jenkins. The big difference is saving next year's cap hit. If Baldwin hasn't shown much by then, he's completely expendable. This is a good move as long as Baldwin doesn't suck so bad that we have to cut him anyway at the start of the season, or when Manningham comes back. And then Jenkins doesn't miraculously put everything together and eventually become their #2.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much do we really know about Baldwin? Considering the QB play since Baldwin was drafted, do we know enough either way?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The pick is officially a bad pick.

Baalke wanted a Mike Wallace type of guy and he went for a major reach. Also I think he believed Jenkins was going to continue to build and grow from his senior year and he simply stalled and started to spin his wheels.

Now depending on what Baldwin does will determine how much he salvaged the pick.

The trade itself was good for both sides regardless. Neither side was happy with it's players so maybe a change of scenery and different coaching and a different system you might get lucky and they respond positively to it.

Either way it's worth a shot since both teams were going to dump their respective players anyways so might as well roll the dice.

I'll at least credit Baalke for not hanging on to Jenkins in an attempt to save face. That shouldn't excuse him from criticism for making the pick but I'll give him some props for trying to make the most of it instead of keeping Jenkins as dead weight for a couple of years, than releasing him, and it being a complete sunk cost.

agree and like the description "salvage".

I give credit to Baalke to making the move too, I can only imagine how strong an ego gets? DID prefer to keep Jenkins, so crediting him for swallowing his pride.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do we really know about Baldwin? Considering the QB play since Baldwin was drafted, do we know enough either way?

He is an excellent blocking WR, this fact is under the radar.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Alex Smith had any input in the trade for Jenkins.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

as of today, think we're better off thinking his chances are the same as Jenkins?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is an excellent blocking WR, this fact is under the radar.

And Jenkins couldn't block my little sister. :)

It's weird that someone mentioned trading Baldwin for Jenkins in the GDT, and I said I'd take him. This is a good move to partially make up for the terrible move of drafting Jenkins in the first place.

One important thing to mention is that WRs aren't going to look good with Alex Smith throwing to them because Alex only throws to RBs and TEs (in that order).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird that someone mentioned trading Baldwin for Jenkins in the GDT, and I said I'd take him. This is a good move to partially make up for the terrible move of drafting Jenkins in the first place.

Yep.

I think Chiefs fans feel about Baldwin the way we feel about AJ Jenkins

I'd take him at this point.

Now we can add that the Niners felt about Baldwin the way the Chiefs thought about Jenkins. Assuming that they both thought that the players could use a change of scenery, were going to get more with the other than what they had, and financially needed to save some money, now or later.

Testing - What does this SportsHoopla link lead to for people other than me?

1dummydog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of either of them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fast.

Jenkins KC.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Interesting note:

Baldwin is only a month older than AJ Jenkins (just turned 24). He's still in those dangerously-stupid years for a guy with off-field problems like Baldwin has though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did they get a picture of Jenkins with a football in his hands? That must've taken some photoshop magic.

Haha. Also, Jenkins will have to have a different number, as former Colt (?) Avery has that number, I think.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here.

I've been very interested in the development of AJ Jenkins since we drafted him. After last year's horrible showing, I was still optimistic. I had finally given up hope and called him the dreaded B word that franchises hate to use after seeing how ineffective he was in last week's preseason game with as many snaps as he got. More troubling was his demeanor - it didn't seem like he was going full speed, and he was all smiles on the field like he didn't have a care in the world.

I don't have high hopes for Baldwin either, but I think this trade gives both players a much-needed change of scenery that just might (probably won't) make a significant impact in their development. Both players appear to be on track to being out of the league within 1 or 2 years if they don't figure it out real quick.

Buuuuut, all things considered...would you rather have a 6'0, 192-pound receiver who can't catch, or a 6'4, 230-pound reciver who can't catch? I'll take the bigger of the two idiots.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope this is a lessons learned for reaching for small, quick receivers.
Not all small, quick receivers are Mike Wallace.

It's about time we get a big WR back on the roster.

Baldwin will end up being our future starter.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lesson here is to take a hard look at the things that can't be measured. AJ Jenkins just flat out didn't want it. The big red flag came at the very beginning when Jerry Rice, the greatest wide receiver of all time, offered to work with him on conditioning, and Jenkins didn't follow through. Who does that?! How do you say no to Jerry Rice!?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to find a new whipping boy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope this is a lessons learned for reaching for small, quick receivers.
Not all small, quick receivers are Mike Wallace.

It's about time we get a big WR back on the roster.

Baldwin will end up being our future starter.

whaaaa?

strong stuff, he has to catch the ball first.............consistently.