• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he played when the game was more about passing so did Brady, Brees, Mahomes and Manning. Marino played before the pass happy league and threw for 61,000 yards and 418 TDs. Much more than Elway and Montana.

Big Ben is 5th all time in yards and 8th in TDs. He played for two Super Bowl Champions. If you

If you want to go by eras you have to consider other QBs not named because the game was different then.

You have to consider it with QB centric leagues. You can add in other eras but the league started going QB centric in the 80s.

Ben was never even spoken about in his era as a top three QB. Granted he played in an era of Brady, Manning, and Brees But you don’t get to be so side red top when you weren’t even close in your own era.

Brady did the one thing that no other player has done. He took less money and that helped cement his legacy.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back in the 50s,60s,70s,damn near had to kill players to keep them from playing.
Couple of points .... George Allen used to say "3 things can happen when you pass and two are bad."

The other is what the defense was allowed to do to cover a receiver years ago pretty much constituted mugging. Additionally you could kill a QB.

There is more innovative coaching on both sides of the ball now but you can hardly touch a receiver and QBs are way more protected although that is hard to see when you see how many QB injuries there are. I agree with dad that WRs are becoming a dime a dozen because the rules are weighted to offense. Right now that "dime a dozen" is a lot of money.

It is hard to compare QBs between eras because the game continues to evolve Like I said to kbso the other day everyone has an opinion and in part that is why we are here.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of points .... George Allen used to say "3 things can happen when you pass and two are bad."

The other is what the defense was allowed to do to cover a receiver years ago pretty much constituted mugging. Additionally you could kill a QB.

There is more innovative coaching on both sides of the ball now but you can hardly touch a receiver and QBs are way more protected although that is hard to see when you see how many QB injuries there are. I agree with dad that WRs are becoming a dime a dozen because the rules are weighted to offense. Right now that "dime a dozen" is a lot of money.

It is hard to compare QBs between eras because the game continues to evolve Like I said to kbso the other day everyone has an opinion and in part that is why we are here.
remember when george brought june rhee into training camp to break boards?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to consider it with QB centric leagues. You can add in other eras but the league started going QB centric in the 80s.

Ben was never even spoken about in his era as a top three QB. Granted he played in an era of Brady, Manning, and Brees But you don’t get to be so side red top when you weren’t even close in your own era.

Brady did the one thing that no other player has done. He took less money and that helped cement his legacy.
I hear you but I could careless what others said about Ben. He had the stats and a couple of Super Bowls.

I wouldn't deny that Brady was better. Like Jordan, Brady could play for less since he had a wife that made way more than him. Jordan on the other hand killed in endorsements.

BTW I was never kicking Brady out of my top 5.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold up......NO ONE has Aaron freakin Rogers in their top 5?
God tier.

Manning
Montana
Marino
Brady
Rogers

If i had to update this Mahomes moves to the 1 spot

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold up......NO ONE has Aaron freakin Rogers in their top 5?
God tier.

Manning
Montana
Marino
Brady
Rogers

If i had to update this Mahomes moves to the 1 spot
Great arm talent, but a little overhyped imo. Loses home playoff games as a favorite on the regular. Malcontent. Counts his receivers pockets instead of advocating for them. Still top 10......maybe.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forgot they have Allen now.
The were playing as good as anyone toward the end of the year, and that was with Fields. To be fair it looks like Fields has outplayed Russ so far.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not express enough how much I enjoy reading this board. Far & Away the best team board on the hoop. Many opinions for now going on 18 years counting espn boards.

Salute!
First of all thank you, now tell it to DGF, he seems to think it’s urine

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not express enough how much I enjoy reading this board. Far & Away the best team board on the hoop. Many opinions for now going on 18 years counting espn boards.

Salute!
Thank you @PDay8810, and thanks again for your continued contributions to our forum. We just wouldn't be the same without you.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad and Sportster, you both make great points. Brady is the GOAT though. Remember he was basically a game manager at first and had a world class defense to back him up.

They didn't lean on Brady as much as we are probably going to have to lean on Jayden. I do expect to run more this year and Ertz according to reports from camp appears to be back to some semblance of his old self.

I'd love to get Aiyuk in here. Peters tried during the draft. If he sees the value in trying to get him now, then why shouldn't the fans?

Cost

It will take a lot for the 49ers to move off of him. That said, I think we could challenge for the division and get JD some playoff experience under his belt with Aiyuk in the fold. Just as long as the corners hold up.

We have a chance to go anyways. I'm not going to stand on the table for Aiyuk, but if it happened, I'd be thrilled. Just as long as it wasn't for our 2025 1st.

Problem is, that's what it feels like it's going to take.
It’s going to be the first, maybe they settle for a second and another pick for Aiyuk. They won’t go as low as a third, because if he walks in FA, they will get that third rounder as a comp pick.

It’s just not worth it. Not when that could be the next LT of the future, and we can nab Aiyuk or Higgins in FA anyway. You gotta wait and play out the long game.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be the first, maybe they settle for a second and another pick for Aiyuk. They won’t go as low as a third, because if he walks in FA, they will get that third rounder as a comp pick.

It’s just not worth it. Not when that could be the next LT of the future, and we can nab Aiyuk or Higgins in FA anyway. You gotta wait and play out the long game.
If they by some chance make him available, I hope Peters looks into it.