• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really encouraged by Daniels. He has athletic skills but he knows the position. They talked yesterday about how he threw a pass to Dotson that he had to get up and over the defense and then fall in Jahan's hands. He made that same throw a couple of days ago throwing over the goal post and into the target on the net. I looked like :D:yes:

I never liked the Griffin trade/pick .... he was fast but played more like a school yard player than a professional QB.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really encouraged by Daniels. He has athletic skills but he knows the position. They talked yesterday about how he threw a pass to Dotson that he had to get up and over the defense and then fall in Jahan's hands. He made that same throw a couple of days ago throwing over the goal post and into the target on the net. I looked like :D:yes:

I never liked the Griffin trade/pick .... he was fast but played more like a school yard player than a professional QB.
I haven't felt this confident about our owner, front office, coaching staff, and QB since since maybe Cooke, Bethard, Gibbs, and Theismann.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrs can be drafted . dont fall into over paying for a wr . the 49ers picked up 2 wrs in this draft for a reason . what if luke goes for like 60 reception and 1000 yards . issue solved isnt it ? what if han has a big year ? issue solved isnt it . now both or one of them could fall flat but then you know
Man, you put a lot of stock in a WR who attended Rice and has only played the position for two years. Dotson is better suited to be a slot receiver, that's obvious, and you're not overpaying for a guy like Aiyuk because he's 26 years old. Terry is gone, hopefully, traded next year (he's 30 then) and most of his salary transfers to Aiyuk. (They have the cap room to accommodate both for the 2024 season enhancing JD's opportunity to succeed) I still prefer Higgins, but if you have to wait until next year to get him, I'm good with that too, because then my three are Aiyuk, Higgins/new draftee and Dotson. Speaking of Dotson, I don't trust a guy who marrs his own resume' because he didn't get along with a coach. To me it looks like a BS excuse put out into the ether because people don't want to see what he did last year, which was taking a step back. The competition should be Dotson vs Lil Mac for the slot.
One last thing, all of that nonsense about GOAT QBs is just that...NONSENSE! Why?? Because it lacks historical perspective, especially when it comes to how the game was played from generation to generation. A really good way to look at it follows...
All things physically equal for their times would a smaller Brady led N.E. team beaten Bart Starr and the Lombardi Packers in 1967. OTOH, with physical characteristics being the same for the times, would that same Starr/Lombardi team be competitive in 2017, 18- or 19?
Given that perspective, you'd have to admit that it's a pretty dumb exercise in futility. Now if you really are interested in these types of mental exercises, perhaps sticking to who's the greatest of their generation makes more sense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I get it. I don't think you and skinsdad are wrong. Dotson could break out and Luke could be a steal. You two could very well be proven right.
Or... they could be exactly what their resumes' say they are.

A once promising 1st round draftee, (16th overall) who after his initial year, took a step back in year two.

AND

A new draftee with a name connected to former and current NFL players, but attended Rice and has only played his position for two years total Prior to being drafted.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or... they could be exactly what their resumes' say they are.

A once promising 1st round draftee, (16th overall) who after his initial year, took a step back in year two.

AND

A new draftee with a name connected to former and current NFL players, but attended Rice and has only played his position for two years total Prior to being drafted.
That's possible too Sty. You know where I stand. I want Aiyuk, but those three could look completely different with Jayden under center and Kingsbury calling the plays instead of Scott and Eric.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's possible too Sty. You know where I stand. I want Aiyuk, but those three could look completely different with Jayden under center and Kingsbury calling the plays instead of Scott and Eric.
Oh, I expect Terry and Jahan to look different from a season ago because nothing stays the same in the NFL. What doesn't change is the player themselves. We know that Terry can play, but do we know which version of Dotson is true? Daniels will make a significant difference this year but he's not running routes and catching the ball.

SN: Given his resume' McCaffery is a long shot to make the starting team, although I can see him being kept in some capacity. My assessment of the current players have nothing to do with any potential moves to get better talent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you put a lot of stock in a WR who attended Rice and has only played the position for two years. Dotson is better suited to be a slot receiver, that's obvious, and you're not overpaying for a guy like Aiyuk because he's 26 years old. Terry is gone, hopefully, traded next year (he's 30 then) and most of his salary transfers to Aiyuk. (They have the cap room to accommodate both for the 2024 season enhancing JD's opportunity to succeed) I still prefer Higgins, but if you have to wait until next year to get him, I'm good with that too, because then my three are Aiyuk, Higgins/new draftee and Dotson. Speaking of Dotson, I don't trust a guy who marrs his own resume' because he didn't get along with a coach. To me it looks like a BS excuse put out into the ether because people don't want to see what he did last year, which was taking a step back. The competition should be Dotson vs Lil Mac for the slot.
One last thing, all of that nonsense about GOAT QBs is just that...NONSENSE! Why?? Because it lacks historical perspective, especially when it comes to how the game was played from generation to generation. A really good way to look at it follows...
All things physically equal for their times would a smaller Brady led N.E. team beaten Bart Starr and the Lombardi Packers in 1967. OTOH, with physical characteristics being the same for the times, would that same Starr/Lombardi team be competitive in 2017, 18- or 19?
Given that perspective, you'd have to admit that it's a pretty dumb exercise in futility. Now if you really are interested in these types of mental exercises, perhaps sticking to who's the greatest of their generation makes more sense.
I am putting my stock in assessing what we have this year and holding on to resources . So we replace Mac with BA , we still need a wr in the end . Mahomes is modern day sty

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am putting my stock in assessing what we have this year and holding on to resources . So we replace Mac with BA , we still need a wr in the end . Mahomes is modern day sty
Dollars to doughnuts that Adam Peters looked at each resume and knows what they have already. He would be a horrible GM if he hadn't done that immediately after taking the job.
This year the assessment will be on how well they play together. Why? Because if you didn't know what you already have, why create a situation where 35 of the previous 53 will be new faces? You upgrade based on weaknesses, not on reevaluation of already established players.
Yep, they will still need WRs, but not just one but two next year. Once again Terry will be 30 before the start of the 2025 season and looking for that last big payday! I don't get how it is that saving money becomes a bad thing. Today's prices aren't tomorrows prices.

What's your point about Mahomes?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dollars to doughnuts that Adam Peters looked at each resume and knows what they have already. He would be a horrible GM if he hadn't done that immediately after taking the job.
This year the assessment will be on how well they play together. Why? Because if you didn't know what you already have, why create a situation where 35 of the previous 53 will be new faces? You upgrade based on weaknesses, not on reevaluation of already established players.
Yep, they will still need WRs, but not just one but two next year. Once again Terry will be 30 before the start of the 2025 season and looking for that last big payday! I don't get how it is that saving money becomes a bad thing. Today's prices aren't tomorrows prices.

What's your point about Mahomes?
Wrs are a dime a dozen I can draft a Higgins or BA or Mac . There are only a few wrs that I will pay top dollar for . Jefferson , Hill Chase and after that I will look at what colleges are producing in their offenses .

As of now there wasn’t a number one wr on the chiefs roster and they won the superbowl,

Sorry but peters doesn’t know how his pieces fit together either in the draft or FA nor has DQ implemented his system . They haven’t played a game yet .

He might have a plan on what type of players he wants but everyone has a plan until the first shot is fired.

TMAC was a 3rd round pick and no one knew what he would become . Yes luke is raw however he is the odds on favorite to be the starter . He could fail

I will tell you this ,I am not giving a 1st round pick or multiple other picks for the right to pay BA or Higgins 30 mil ,who are younger versions of TMAC whom you say isn’t a number one wr especially when this team is no where near a superbowl contender with either one of them

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrs are a dime a dozen I can draft a Higgins or BA or Mac . There are only a few wrs that I will pay top dollar for . Jefferson , Hill Chase and after that I will look at what colleges are producing in their offenses .

As of now there wasn’t a number one wr on the chiefs roster and they won the superbowl,

Sorry but peters doesn’t know how his pieces fit together either in the draft or FA nor has DQ implemented his system . They haven’t played a game yet .

He might have a plan on what type of players he wants but everyone has a plan until the first shot is fired.

TMAC was a 3rd round pick and no one knew what he would become . Yes luke is raw however he is the odds on favorite to be the starter . He could fail

I will tell you this ,I am not giving a 1st round pick or multiple other picks for the right to pay BA or Higgins 30 mil ,who are younger versions of TMAC whom you say isn’t a number one wr especially when this team is no where near a superbowl contender with either one of them
This is an interesting post, so I'll dive right into it.
If WRs were a dime a dozen, every team would have elite ones.( they don't because they aren't)

Mahomes is that exceptional player, and even he's smart enough to know that maximizing his salary means having lesser talent around him. Exceptions are not the rule, they are outliers.

Thanks for agreeing with me on Peters.

You wrote: "TMAC was a 3rd round pick and no one knew what he would become . Yes luke is raw however he is the odds on favorite to be the starter . He could fail"

I knew exactly what Terry would become and said it then. He's not a WR1 and becomes the most dangerous WR2 in the game if properly used. As for McCaffery, I don't disagree with you that he's the odds on favorite to get that WR3 slot, but what does it tell you about the lack of talent at the position when a near novice, (2 years total experience) can come in and supplant all but two veterans on your roster?

Nobody's considering a 1st round pick, in fact, I suggested a 3 way trade that works for all three involved. (I still prefer Higgins)
As for that 30M dollars that you talk about. Neither are younger versions of TM, plug either of them onto this roster and TM becomes WR2 immediately. TM currently makes $15,150,000 this year and is slotted to make $15,250,000 next year. Higgins initially wanted approximately $20-million, the same as Mike Pittman (Indy) but is now playing on the tag at $21.8 million. Tell me again how you wouldn't want to get a much younger version (your perspective) or an much younger upgrade ( my perspective) of TM for just under 5M or the going rate, a bit over 6M given the need to get better at the position AND give the new QB better options than he currently has?
Next year you get draft capital and save 15M $250,000 against your cap by trading TM and drafting an even more talented, WR in the draft. After all, they are a "dime a dozen" correct?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting post, so I'll dive right into it.
If WRs were a dime a dozen, every team would have elite ones.( they don't because they aren't)

Mahomes is that exceptional player, and even he's smart enough to know that maximizing his salary means having lesser talent around him. Exceptions are not the rule, they are outliers.

Thanks for agreeing with me on Peters.

You wrote: "TMAC was a 3rd round pick and no one knew what he would become . Yes luke is raw however he is the odds on favorite to be the starter . He could fail"

I knew exactly what Terry would become and said it then. He's not a WR1 and becomes the most dangerous WR2 in the game if properly used. As for McCaffery, I don't disagree with you that he's the odds on favorite to get that WR3 slot, but what does it tell you about the lack of talent at the position when a near novice, (2 years total experience) can come in and supplant all but two veterans on your roster?

Nobody's considering a 1st round pick, in fact, I suggested a 3 way trade that works for all three involved. (I still prefer Higgins)
As for that 30M dollars that you talk about. Neither are younger versions of TM, plug either of them onto this roster and TM becomes WR2 immediately. TM currently makes $15,150,000 this year and is slotted to make $15,250,000 next year. Higgins initially wanted approximately $20-million, the same as Mike Pittman (Indy) but is now playing on the tag at $21.8 million. Tell me again how you wouldn't want to get a much younger version (your perspective) or an much younger upgrade ( my perspective) of TM for just under 5M or the going rate, a bit over 6M given the need to get better at the position AND give the new QB better options than he currently has?
Next year you get draft capital and save 15M $250,000 against your cap by trading TM and drafting an even more talented, WR in the draft. After all, they are a "dime a dozen" correct?
Unfortunately BA ain’t going for that and neither is Higgins . I don’t think they are the best wrs on their respective teams . They are # 2’s same as TMAC .

I am
Not paying TMAC big money either and he is still under contract so I don’t have to worry about that
I would look to draft
Now if TMAC comes in close to his current salary I might extend but I would cross that bridge later

And what draft capitol am I getting if I have to use it to get BA or Tee ?
We will again have close to 100 mil in cap space next year without cuts so if I have to put an extra 5-8 mil to save my draft resources then I will consider it a good investment

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately BA ain’t going for that and neither is Higgins . I don’t think they are the best wrs on their respective teams . They are # 2’s same as TMAC .

I am
Not paying TMAC big money either and he is still under contract so I don’t have to worry about that
I would look to draft
Now if TMAC comes in close to his current salary I might extend but I would cross that bridge later
They aren't the best WRs on their current teams, but Terry is in Washington. It says a lot that they would be WR1 on this team as currently constructed.

I don't think it wise to pay TM big money either next year and there's no reason why he, who has been playing the WR1 position wouldn't want to be paid like other WR1 in the league or he's going to stage a hold-in next year.
There is only one way to begin to suggest to Terry that a contract extension similar to his current one is good for both sides, and that happens if he's WR2 this year.

No moves this year, means that you're looking to draft at least 2 WRs in next year's draft barring trades or FA pickups.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked at the no love for Big Ben. He threw 118 more TDs than Montana and 24,000 more yards with two Super Bowl wins.

Marino threw for 120 more TDs and 21,000 yards than Montana. Of course no SB wins.

Big Ben played in the era of inflated stats. Not once was he considered the best in the league and he led the league in passing yeards one season. The problem is, that season Goff threw for almost 4700 yards and was fourth in passing.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben played in the era of inflated stats. Not once was he considered the best in the league and he led the league in passing yeards one season. The problem is, that season Goff threw for almost 4700 yards and was fourth in passing.
Of course he played when the game was more about passing so did Brady, Brees, Mahomes and Manning. Marino played before the pass happy league and threw for 61,000 yards and 418 TDs. Much more than Elway and Montana.

Big Ben is 5th all time in yards and 8th in TDs. He played for two Super Bowl Champions. If you

If you want to go by eras you have to consider other QBs not named because the game was different then.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he played when the game was more about passing so did Brady, Brees, Mahomes and Manning. Marino played before the pass happy league and threw for 61,000 yards and 418 TDs. Much more than Elway and Montana.

Big Ben is 5th all time in yards and 8th in TDs. He played for two Super Bowl Champions. If you

If you want to go by eras you have to consider other QBs not named because the game was different then.
back in the 50s,60s,70s,damn near had to kill players to keep them from playing.