• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take. I like it.

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Montana
4. Elway
5. Manning

Who you got?
Good list, I think think the following should be considered:

Brees
Big Ben
Marino

My top 3 would be:
Brady
Mahomes
Peyton

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad and Sportster, you both make great points. Brady is the GOAT though. Remember he was basically a game manager at first and had a world class defense to back him up.

They didn't lean on Brady as much as we are probably going to have to lean on Jayden. I do expect to run more this year and Ertz according to reports from camp appears to be back to some semblance of his old self.

I'd love to get Aiyuk in here. Peters tried during the draft. If he sees the value in trying to get him now, then why shouldn't the fans?

Cost

It will take a lot for the 49ers to move off of him. That said, I think we could challenge for the division and get JD some playoff experience under his belt with Aiyuk in the fold. Just as long as the corners hold up.

We have a chance to go anyways. I'm not going to stand on the table for Aiyuk, but if it happened, I'd be thrilled. Just as long as it wasn't for our 2025 1st.

Problem is, that's what it feels like it's going to take.
dont mortgage the future for a short term gain this year . that is my stance . simply wait til next year and get one of them without giving up resources when it isnt needed .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont mortgage the future for a short term gain this year . that is my stance . simply wait til next year and get one of them without giving up resources when it isnt needed .
The WR market is exploding. The longer we wait the more expensive it's going to be. There is definitely merit to your argument, especially if Peters drafts as well as we think he can.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinsdad62
@Sportster 72

Guys, i feel like Mahomes and Brady shouldn't be brought up lol.
Mahomes still has the number 1/top 3 TE in the game and had a great defense.

Brady as mentioned had a great defense as well, as well as the best TE in the league at that time.

They had differences makers on offense.

Our team has improved dramatically, but we have maybe 2 players max that could be in the argument for elite.

That's just IMO guys thx
we will be fortunate to double our win total from last year . you give up future resources just to make the playoffs and you take away your ability to build on that success. . play who we have this year and assess what needs to be addressed next . save our resources and use them once we have a plan of attack

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aiyuk were in this draft knowing what we know, he'd be a top 10 pick. Just saying.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR market is exploding. The longer we wait the more expensive it's going to be. There is definitely merit to your argument, especially if Peters drafts as well as we think he can.
wrs can be drafted . dont fall into over paying for a wr . the 49ers picked up 2 wrs in this draft for a reason . what if luke goes for like 60 reception and 1000 yards . issue solved isnt it ? what if han has a big year ? issue solved isnt it . now both or one of them could fall flat but then you know

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aiyuk were in this draft knowing what we know, he'd be a top 10 pick. Just saying.
well we wouldnt know that because he wouldnt have done it at the pro level . and rookie wrs dont cost 30 mil a year

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrs can be drafted . dont fall into over paying for a wr . the 49ers picked up 2 wrs in this draft for a reason . what if luke goes for like 60 reception and 1000 yards . issue solved isnt it ? what if han has a big year ? issue solved isnt it . now both or one of them could fall flat but then you know
And that's why I'm not standing on the table for him, but you win Superbowls with all-pros.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why I'm not standing on the table for him, but you win Superbowls with all-pros.
yes , that is true , but you need to draft and develop them and waiting for the right opportunity to get them at the right time is also important .we need patience right now so we can maximize our resources

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we wouldnt know that because he wouldnt have done it at the pro level . and rookie wrs dont cost 30 mil a year
No what I'm saying is trading a pick for Aiyuk is value. You know what your getting. Peters trying to make it happen during last year's draft was enough for me. My guess is the 49ers asked for a future 1st. I'm glad Peters walked.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year Brady won a championship in NE, the defense was ranked 1 or 2 in scoring…except one. Brady was saved in numerous postseason games by 50+ yard FGs by Vinitieri.

I would say Manning or Marino is the greatest QB ever. Marino had the single greatest season in NFL history and it is not close. He never had the surrounding teams to win. Manning is the most cerebral QB to ever play. Had he not been hampered by questionable and cowardly coaches his whole career, he would have more rings. The Colts were always a top tier offense but games were called like they had a top tier defense.

Manning
Marino
Brady
Mahommes-at this juncture, he may end up the best
Brees
Montana

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year Brady won a championship in NE, the defense was ranked 1 or 2 in scoring…except one. Brady was saved in numerous postseason games by 50+ yard FGs by Vinitieri.

I would say Manning or Marino is the greatest QB ever. Marino had the single greatest season in NFL history and it is not close. He never had the surrounding teams to win. Manning is the most cerebral QB to ever play. Had he not been hampered by questionable and cowardly coaches his whole career, he would have more rings. The Colts were always a top tier offense but games were called like they had a top tier defense.

Manning
Marino
Brady
Brees
Montana
Marino did the most with the least for sure. If he played in today's NFL, he'd toss 60's tds easy.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning
Marino
Brady
Brees
Montana
he came into rfk as a rookie and threw 6 td passes.best qb to never win a sb.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad and Sportster, you both make great points. Brady is the GOAT though. Remember he was basically a game manager at first and had a world class defense to back him up.

They didn't lean on Brady as much as we are probably going to have to lean on Jayden. I do expect to run more this year and Ertz according to reports from camp appears to be back to some semblance of his old self.

I'd love to get Aiyuk in here. Peters tried during the draft. If he sees the value in trying to get him now, then why shouldn't the fans?

Cost

It will take a lot for the 49ers to move off of him. That said, I think we could challenge for the division and get JD some playoff experience under his belt with Aiyuk in the fold. Just as long as the corners hold up.

We have a chance to go anyways. I'm not going to stand on the table for Aiyuk, but if it happened, I'd be thrilled. Just as long as it wasn't for our 2025 1st.

Problem is, that's what it feels like it's going to take.
I'll never forget Alan Faneca having a fit about Tommy Maddox getting hurt for the year early in the season and Faneca whining about having to go with a rookie QB ... Big Ben. Pittsburgh went 15-1 with Tommy Maddox the starter for the one loss.

My point: Ben threw 17 TDs versus 11 INTs. Much like Brady the Steelers won with defense and the run game.

I have high hopes for JD but he is a rookie in the first year of a major rebuild. This is where I feel like dad does in that lets see what we have then we can start making moves. JMO but I feel like we would be putting cart ahead of the horse by giving up a high pick and spending a crap load of cash this year.

I think this team will have to count on defense early in JD's career. If he is better than that .... GREAT!!

BTW Pittsburgh didn't lose again that year until they played NE in the conference championship.

Just my 2 cents.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget Alan Faneca having a fit about Tommy Maddox getting hurt for the year early in the season and Faneca whining about having to go with a rookie QB ... Big Ben. Pittsburgh went 15-1 with Tommy Maddox the starter for the one loss.

My point: Ben threw 17 TDs versus 11 INTs. Much like Brady the Steelers won with defense and the run game.

I have high hopes for JD but he is a rookie in the first year of a major rebuild. This is where I feel like dad does in that lets see what we have then we can start making moves. JMO but I feel like we would be putting cart ahead of the horse by giving up a high pick and spending a crap load of cash this year.

I think this team will have to count on defense early in JD's career. If he is better than that .... GREAT!!

BTW Pittsburgh didn't lose again that year until they played NE in the conference championship.

Just my 2 cents.
Nah, I get it. I don't think you and skinsdad are wrong. Dotson could break out and Luke could be a steal. You two could very well be proven right.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked at the no love for Big Ben. He threw 118 more TDs than Montana and 24,000 more yards with two Super Bowl wins.

Marino threw for 120 more TDs and 21,000 yards than Montana. Of course no SB wins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I get it. I don't think you and skinsdad are wrong. Dotson could break out and Luke could be a steal. You two could very well be proven right.
Just opinions, that is what makes this fun right. I could just as easily fall on my face.