• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it-got-a-laugh-outta-me-v0-lvkz7s4cnfpd1.jpeg

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have such an interesting schedule. Their last 8 include all 6 of their AFC-N games, a home game with KC, and a road game in Philly. That is a brutal stretch where 4-4 would be an excellent mark. That said, I think they could easily be 7-2 going into that stretch. The key for them will be to win some of these 'obvious wins' over the next month or two.

The Ravens schedule is tough throughout. They do get some breaks (Giants, Broncos, home game against the Commanders), but there are a lot of solid teams on that schedule the rest of the way. I also suspect they'll get much better as the season goes on as the line gels more and the D figures stuff out with new coaches.

The Browns remain a mystery for only one reason..... Watson. If you believe Watson can still be a good QB, you should be optimistic that the Browns will win a lot of games. They have some good players on that team. If you don't believe Watson can be consistently good anymore, you should look at that schedule and worry. I think it's too much to ask to recreate the Flacco magic they had last year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have such an interesting schedule. Their last 8 include all 6 of their AFC-N games, a home game with KC, and a road game in Philly. That is a brutal stretch where 4-4 would be an excellent mark. That said, I think they could easily be 7-2 going into that stretch. The key for them will be to win some of these 'obvious wins' over the next month or two.
I don’t see an obvious win for them until maybe week 8.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ravens schedule is tough throughout. They do get some breaks (Giants, Broncos, home game against the Commanders), but there are a lot of solid teams on that schedule the rest of the way. I also suspect they'll get much better as the season goes on as the line gels more and the D figures stuff out with new coaches.

The Browns remain a mystery for only one reason..... Watson. If you believe Watson can still be a good QB, you should be optimistic that the Browns will win a lot of games. They have some good players on that team. If you don't believe Watson can be consistently good anymore, you should look at that schedule and worry. I think it's too much to ask to recreate the Flacco magic they had last year.
945t03.jpg

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see an obvious win for them until maybe week 8.
I like them this week against a hobbled Herbert. I also like them a lot against the Colts - Shaky QBs don't really stand much a chance against the Steelers D and the Colts can't stop the run. Not a good combo for them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“You guys beat a shitty Falcons team calm down”
Falcons beat the Eagles in primetime & nearly beat the Chiefs.

“You guys barely beat the lowly Broncos calm down”
Broncos beat the Bucs 26-7 who Pgh held to 6 points.

“You guys haven't played a good team & will lose this week calm down”
Beat the 2-0 Chargers and Pgh held them to 10 points.

Say what you will about this Steelers team, but its showing some grit. They have a new OC with a new system, a new QB learning that new system, lost 3 of their starting OL, new WR coach, and don't have a bona-fide WR2... Still having some growing pains & working out some system kinks, but they are 3-0 and getting better every week. They may not be flashy, but they are playing smart, calculated football. Moving the chains, controlling the clock, and letting the defense stay rested. Something we haven't seen in a long time.

All that said, however, I still don't have a lot of faith in the long run yet. When teams prevent them from playing their brand of football they don't look like a team capable of making a lot of adjustments. They are going to force their gameplan down your throat, even if it isn't working. That's been Tomlin's M-O for a long time. I'd be interested to see what happens if a team puts up more than 20 pts on them. Will the offense open things up more and let JF take more risks?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are you quoting?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say what you will about this Steelers team, but its showing some grit. They have a new OC with a new system, a new QB learning that new system, lost 3 of their starting OL, new WR coach, and don't have a bona-fide WR2... Still having some growing pains & working out some system kinks, but they are 3-0 and getting better every week. They may not be flashy, but they are playing smart, calculated football. Moving the chains, controlling the clock, and letting the defense stay rested. Something we haven't seen in a long time.

All that said, however, I still don't have a lot of faith in the long run yet. When teams prevent them from playing their brand of football they don't look like a team capable of making a lot of adjustments. They are going to force their gameplan down your throat, even if it isn't working. That's been Tomlin's M-O for a long time. I'd be interested to see what happens if a team puts up more than 20 pts on them. Will the offense open things up more and let JF take more risks?
They're getting just enough out of Fields to rely on the defense - which is almost always their strength.

It'll be interesting to see when the defense gives up a few runs here and there and then the offense has to play catchup or keep up...can Fields respond to that. Right now, from the limited viewing, it's a lot of very short, quick, and easy patterns. Eventually, they will need to stretch the field (no pun intended) if they are going to truly get into a run...

But so far - you cannot argue with the results - however they have come by them - they are winning and in the end...that's all that matters.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're getting just enough out of Fields to rely on the defense - which is almost always their strength.

It'll be interesting to see when the defense gives up a few runs here and there and then the offense has to play catchup or keep up...can Fields respond to that. Right now, from the limited viewing, it's a lot of very short, quick, and easy patterns. Eventually, they will need to stretch the field (no pun intended) if they are going to truly get into a run...

But so far - you cannot argue with the results - however they have come by them - they are winning and in the end...that's all that matters.
Yep this is what I was alluding to. If they are pressed to action playing catch-up then I'll be curious to see if Tomlin has changed his methods. Normally he doesn't allow QBs to go off-script. That died when Ben retired. Everything about this offense feels conservative thus far. Like they have been keeping the training wheels on and not allowing much risk to be involved. I mean, there was a crazy stat blurb yesterday where Fields was 6/6, 1 TD and his longest pass was 5yds. lol. They are grinding the chain moves. But just when the defense crashes the box Arthur Smith is doing a great job making them pay for it by dialing something up.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the Steelers but im annoyed enough with Cleveland to jump at this point if Fields was to stay

I'm so fucking sick of this shit.