• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season ended today the Steelers would have the #1 draft pick... That would be the first time since 1970.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
py97nrexqvs91.png

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season ended today the Steelers would have the #1 draft pick... That would be the first time since 1970.
So, what does Pickett have to do to convince the Steelers that he is the QB of the future and that they should pass on a QB with a potential top 5 pick (assuming they finish toward the bottom? It's an intriguing question - If it is a top 5 pick, it would have a lot of value given that there are a few potential QB prospects this year. So, the Steelers could trade it and rebuild other areas of the roster with rookie deals to go along with the higher priced talent they have at other areas of the roster. But if you do that, you have to be sure you have a guy that can take you places long-term. What are you looking for this season to be convinced that Kenny is the man?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what does Pickett have to do to convince the Steelers that he is the QB of the future and that they should pass on a QB with a potential top 5 pick (assuming they finish toward the bottom? It's an intriguing question - If it is a top 5 pick, it would have a lot of value given that there are a few potential QB prospects this year. So, the Steelers could trade it and rebuild other areas of the roster with rookie deals to go along with the higher priced talent they have at other areas of the roster. But if you do that, you have to be sure you have a guy that can take you places long-term. What are you looking for this season to be convinced that Kenny is the man?
That's a good question, and if they have the 1st overall pick, they'll have to consider one of those top QB's with that pick.

Pickett has to show on the field to take the option away from them. That's gonna be tough with this horseshit jet sweep / quick out offensive design though and his veteran WR's dropping half the passes that hit their hands.

There also would be a lot of value in trading away that pick. Could get quite the haul from someone who wants Stroud or Young.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully they have plenty of time to evaluate Pickett. But as it stands now, Kenny has looked good and there is plenty to like about his abilities to be the guy moving forward. I don't see that changing. There will be ebbs & flow to his rookie year, but the kid is a baller. He should continue to prove himself regardless of the outcomes. The offensive scheme and a meager supporting cast seem to be huge hurdles though.

I'm onboard with trading back. Someone will undoubtedly want Stroud or Young within the top 5-8 teams. If the Steelers can finesse a couple of top 50 picks out of the deal then its a huge win. Rebuild the damn trenches the right way.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They’ll probably pick Bradshaw again……

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who they pick if their coordinators don't change...

This is the worst Steeler team since probably 1988……it was a good run, “but it’s over Johnny, it’s over!”

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully they have plenty of time to evaluate Pickett. But as it stands now, Kenny has looked good and there is plenty to like about his abilities to be the guy moving forward. I don't see that changing. There will be ebbs & flow to his rookie year, but the kid is a baller. He should continue to prove himself regardless of the outcomes. The offensive scheme and a meager supporting cast seem to be huge hurdles though.

I'm onboard with trading back. Someone will undoubtedly want Stroud or Young within the top 5-8 teams. If the Steelers can finesse a couple of top 50 picks out of the deal then its a huge win. Rebuild the damn trenches the right way.
But he has receivers. And from what I've seen/read, the line has done enough in pass protection to give him a shot. I realize that you guys are committed to some sort of weird Canadian offense, but if I'm running the team, I'd want to see Kenny playing in a real NFL offense for the rest of the season. Maybe spread the guys out a little. Go out of shotgun. Get a sense at how good Kenny is at diagnosing what he is seeing, getting the ball out, and throwing accurately to his guys. He has the horses outside - If he struggles completing passes to those guys, I think it has more to do with him and less to do with the talent around him.

As a comparison, in Burrow's first year, he had four guys they found on the street blocking for him, his best receiver was a rookie 2nd rounder and he didn't have Chase yet. But he showed a ton of promise before getting his knee shredded..... Oh, never mind. You probably don't want to do that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he has receivers. And from what I've seen/read, the line has done enough in pass protection to give him a shot. I realize that you guys are committed to some sort of weird Canadian offense, but if I'm running the team, I'd want to see Kenny playing in a real NFL offense for the rest of the season. Maybe spread the guys out a little. Go out of shotgun. Get a sense at how good Kenny is at diagnosing what he is seeing, getting the ball out, and throwing accurately to his guys. He has the horses outside - If he struggles completing passes to those guys, I think it has more to do with him and less to do with the talent around him.

As a comparison, in Burrow's first year, he had four guys they found on the street blocking for him, his best receiver was a rookie 2nd rounder and he didn't have Chase yet. But he showed a ton of promise before getting his knee shredded..... Oh, never mind. You probably don't want to do that.
His receivers keep dropping balls or tipping them for interceptions to kill any drives.

The only try hard is rookie Pickens, who needs to become the primary.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8 drops yesterday from his receivers.

Kenny drove this craptastic offense down the field to within scoring distance 82% of the drives (11 total drives, 6 into RZ, 3 into FG distance)... With a "complimentary" run game that netted 44yds. And somehow they only scored 3 points. 2 Missed FGs, penalties, and being forced into 4th & long situations...

Bad drops & possession-down penalties killed them against the Bills.

Kenny threw it 52 times, 66% completion percentage. Take away those 8 drops and he completes 81%...

He does have good talent at WR. But only Pickens is living up to that potential. DJ's well on his way to leading the league in drops. Claypool is about as usefull as tits on a bull. And they tried to make Gunner Olszewski a thing. They need to bench Claypool, get Boykin more snaps, and try to incorporate Steve Sims (and Calvin Austin when he gets back).

Last edited:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I overestimated Pittsburgh's receiving abilities! I mean, they certainly have talent. I guess its possible that Kenny's small hands makes the ball spin funny. Regardless - They have 3/4 of a season to let Kenny throw the ball down field. Should be enough time to make an assessment for the future.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I overestimated Pittsburgh's receiving abilities! I mean, they certainly have talent. I guess its possible that Kenny's small hands makes the ball spin funny. Regardless - They have 3/4 of a season to let Kenny throw the ball down field. Should be enough time to make an assessment for the future.
They have loads of talent. But the top two guys have a multi-year string of evidence of mental issues with catching balls that hit their hands.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you Steeler guys thought you were the only ones creative enough to run a horizontal passing attack.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you Steeler guys thought you were the only ones creative enough to run a horizontal passing attack.

Play calling was atrocious yesterday, the trick play near the goal line was beyond stupid…….

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample for Kenny... But this shows just how good he was against Buffalo.

1g9ocg0266t91.jpg

@Superbelt