• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we are going to see Steelers Nation thin out quite a bit over the next 2-3 years. It's a global brand so the pipeline won't be hurting for a little while, but the fans on social media will start disappearing.

During this season the Steelers only had 88.4% capacity at home games, which finished 28th in attendance in the NFL. Curious if they will start dropping ticket prices. $300-500 a pop is not as easy to sell when your product is rebuilding.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a good laugh out of this... On Reddit

FJ957dnUYAIghY9

@thedddd @SteelersPride @Superbelt

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny facts.

Art Modell is the only owner in NFL history that fired two HOF coaches. What a legacy huh? Directly responsible for getting rid of two of the greatest coaches the league has ever had.

simpsons.gif

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the look of things when will he sign with the Bengals?

As for the Browns...eh who cares.
I had the same thought when it said "the time has come for his most important, dangerous & high profile posting yet."... I was thinkin either he Bengals or Chiefs lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield got shoulder surgery recently. Pretty sure his head's still up his ass though.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we are going to see Steelers Nation thin out quite a bit over the next 2-3 years. It's a global brand so the pipeline won't be hurting for a little while, but the fans on social media will start disappearing.

During this season the Steelers only had 88.4% capacity at home games, which finished 28th in attendance in the NFL. Curious if they will start dropping ticket prices. $300-500 a pop is not as easy to sell when your product is rebuilding.
The 80's all over again. As for the ticket prices they will arrogantly stay where they are due to "Steeler Nation" but in a few years if they suck and Heinz field is barren, then they will drop prices.

Anyway they need some income to pay TJ's contract.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it doesn't compromise his commercial making shoulder, all is good! :D

If I don't see another, or a new, Mayfield commercial at any point this year I'd be happy. Last season he had more commercials than TD passes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 80's all over again. As for the ticket prices they will arrogantly stay where they are due to "Steeler Nation" but in a few years if they suck and Heinz field is barren, then they will drop prices.

Anyway they need some income to pay TJ's contract.
Somethin that used to piss me off was how many out of state season ticket holders there were... Rich assholes that just sit on their season tickets and maybe see 1-2 games a year, and typically only the best games of the season.

The attendance drop makes sense when you consider teams like LV, DEN, & SEA traveling all the way to the Burgh. And other teams like Chicago & Detroit that are in down years and simply don't travel well. The majority of the home games tthis year were sorta setup for low attendance. Steelers would have been smart if they had dropped ticket prices during those games to try and boost attendance & revenue.

The "global brand" aspect affords them sustainability even in down years. They don't need to knee-jerk prices if attendance falters.

I just wish Heinz field was more like Arrowhead where the home crowds are a factor. All these older season ticket holders & holdouts are diminishing the value of the home crowd.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somethin that used to piss me off was how many out of state season ticket holders there were... Rich assholes that just sit on their season tickets and maybe see 1-2 games a year, and typically only the best games of the season.

The attendance drop makes sense when you consider teams like LV, DEN, & SEA traveling all the way to the Burgh. And other teams like Chicago & Detroit that are in down years and simply don't travel well. The majority of the home games tthis year were sorta setup for low attendance. Steelers would have been smart if they had dropped ticket prices during those games to try and boost attendance & revenue.

The "global brand" aspect affords them sustainability even in down years. They don't need to knee-jerk prices if attendance falters.

I just wish Heinz field was more like Arrowhead where the home crowds are a factor. All these older season ticket holders & holdouts are diminishing the value of the home crowd.
On point. Way too many fair weather season ticket holders around and rarely are there the real fans out there.
It is sad when you can the annoying fat drunk lady scream during every home broadcast.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sounds like what happens in some major college venues.... Rich donors hold all the prime tickets and don't bother to come to some of the less desirable games. I honestly had no idea that Steelers tickets were so expensive (I figured they were hard to get)..... Seems they price out a lot of fans.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like what happens in some major college venues.... Rich donors hold all the prime tickets and don't bother to come to some of the less desirable games. I honestly had no idea that Steelers tickets were so expensive (I figured they were hard to get)..... Seems they price out a lot of fans.
Since the invention of that ticket exchange you can sometimes find them cheaper, but 300-350 was typical online price 5-6 years ago. Honestly I found it easier & far cheaper to find Steelers tickets on social media back when I lived in the area for around $100 a piece and people were always selling them the week of.

I’m not sure what it’s like nowadays but last time I looked was 2019 and they were around $400.

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If true this helps explain why he isn’t an NFL coach.