• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson, talking smack to the media

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson had has predicted to the media that he will run for a touchdown on his first carry against the Rams this Sunday. I hope Gregg Williams is reading and sends someone to knock his effin' block off! :clap:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea AD has been running his mouth alot and I lost all respect for the man when he disavowed his own son when he died and blamed the fact that he hadn't spent much time with his son because of his ex-wife. What a wussie! Let's his ex-wife take the blame for his laziness and no backbone to fight for his only son. Frikin' narcissistic bonehead is going to get his lunch handed to him sooner or later. I hope it is this Sunday!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A year ago, Peterson, who hadn't played during the preseason, called his shot -- partially in jest -- during a running backs meeting with teammates Toby Gerhart and Matt Asiata before the first game of the season against the Detroit Lions.
"I was like, 'Man, I'm going to take the first carry to the house,'" Peterson said. "I really didn't think about it. I really didn't mean it when I said it. And then when it happened, I came to the sideline and they reminded me, 'Oh, man, you said you were going to do that!'"

Peterson, of course, took his first carry for 78-yard touchdown.

He was just joking around... but then again, he was joking around last year, too.

The game also will give Peterson another chance to play against a Rams defense he said had him angrier "than I've ever been on a football field" the last time he faced St. Louis, in 2012.
Peterson, who said the Rams were talking trash the whole game, rushed for 212 yards on 24 carries in that game, including a career-long 82-yard touchdown run.

Looking forward to a good game. :suds:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea AD has been running his mouth alot and I lost all respect for the man when he disavowed his own son when he died and blamed the fact that he hadn't spent much time with his son because of his ex-wife. What a wussie! Let's his ex-wife take the blame for his laziness and no backbone to fight for his only son. Frikin' narcissistic bonehead is going to get his lunch handed to him sooner or later. I hope it is this Sunday!

He learned only two months earlier that he was the boy's father and had been planning to meet him before the boy died Oct. 11. Joseph Robert Patterson, who was dating the boy's mother at the time, was charged with murder and manslaughter after he allegedly assaulted the child.

Adrian Peterson talks about life changes after death of son - ESPN

He wasn't even aware of the son as she had moved out of state. Get your facts straight.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joking or not, I don't think you wanna call out Gregg Williams' defense!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, our defense talked a lot of trash during Finnegan's fairly brief stint and Peterson has earned the right to talk trash because he has done it to us.

Its on the Rams to prove they can stop him. The RB I personally hate is Lynch because he stiff armed a defender's helmet off and then stiff armed the guy in the head last year. Peterson is just a cocky athlete playing in the wrong era

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game also will give Peterson another chance to play against a Rams defense he said had him angrier "than I've ever been on a football field" the last time he faced St. Louis, in 2012.
Peterson, who said the Rams were talking trash the whole game, rushed for 212 yards on 24 carries in that game, including a career-long 82-yard touchdown run.
:L

What killed me in this contest was the Rams held Peterson in check for the most part all game and then allowed the bulk of this yards total on two carries, if I recall correctly. Those two carries blew up his stat line for that game and threatened Dickerson total yards season record. Peterson needed a good 200 yards vs the Rams and another couple of hundred in the final game that season to break Dickerson record. Thankfully for Dickerson fans, Petereson came up a few yards short with no thanks to the Rams defense.

Back to this season, I would be leery of play action on the first play of the game.

Can you imagine a better scenario to sell that hand off and throw deep? :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they prove differently, I don't think this defense should be trash talking about ANY RB in the NFL...They have to stop them for a whole game, not part of it...Giving up big plays after a good stretch has been the downfall against the run loads of times..This will be one of the biggest tests for them right out of the chute...A poor performance could be the start of a death spiral...A good to outstanding performance might make them a defense that teams don't want to see...Of course by good performance, I mean the entire D...Won't do much good if they can stop A.P., then get torched by the pass...I'm getting stoked...Nervous but hopeful...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they prove differently, I don't think this defense should be trash talking about ANY RB in the NFL...They have to stop them for a whole game, not part of it...Giving up big plays after a good stretch has been the downfall against the run loads of times..This will be one of the biggest tests for them right out of the chute...A poor performance could be the start of a death spiral...A good to outstanding performance might make them a defense that teams don't want to see...Of course by good performance, I mean the entire D...Won't do much good if they can stop A.P., then get torched by the pass...I'm getting stoked...Nervous but hopeful...

I'm right there with ya, Mikey... just looking forward to seeing our new regime in a real game.

:suds:

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, off topic just a bit, I can see tonight's season opener possibly being one of if not the best game(s) of the season...I think home field tips it to the Albatross, but I'm a Pack fan at least tonight...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, off topic just a bit, I can see tonight's season opener possibly being one of if not the best game(s) of the season...I think home field tips it to the Albatross, but I'm a Pack fan at least tonight...

BOOOOO!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't do much good if they can stop A.P., then get torched by the pass...
I went back and watched some Cordarelle Patterson highlights from college but Mizzou didn't line EJ Gaines up on Patterson...I'm guessing he was on Justin Hunter. The only play that went to Patterson while Gaines was covering him was a short slant that used the ref as a pick. So there really isnt any information there.

You'd think Greg Jennings will draw Janoris Jenkins. Also potentially scary.

Matt Cassel might be the worst starting QB in the league, though. Thats kinda the saving grace.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and watched some Cordarelle Patterson highlights from college but Mizzou didn't line EJ Gaines up on Patterson...I'm guessing he was on Justin Hunter. The only play that went to Patterson while Gaines was covering him was a short slant that used the ref as a pick. So there really isnt any information there.

You'd think Greg Jennings will draw Janoris Jenkins. Also potentially scary.

Matt Cassel might be the worst starting QB in the league, though. Thats kinda the saving grace.
You think Shaun Hill is significantly better than Matt Cassel?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Shaun Hill is significantly better than Matt Cassel?
No. Id say there is about an 80% chance he is better than Cassel and about 20% chance that old age has caused him to decline a bit in which case he would be the worst QB in the league.

I think there is a small chance that Hill is better than Bradford which would be nice

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Id say there is about an 80% chance he is better than Cassel and about 20% chance that old age has caused him to decline a bit in which case he would be the worst QB in the league.

I think there is a small chance that Hill is better than Bradford which would be nice
:L Good Lord

Poor Sam with his real ACL problems now being relegated as the defacto worse QB in the league...

Maybe he will see redemption one day but for now he has a very familiar and huge up hill battle just to see the starting line up for some NFL club.

We are all pretty damn sure it wont be the Rams at this point... :nod:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is a good back and he can carry his team to victory with his amazing ability but this is a different Rams Defense this season; and I think he will find that out on Sunday. :nod:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is a good back and he can carry his team to victory with his amazing ability but this is a different Rams Defense this season; and I think he will find that out on Sunday. :nod:

Same reason I can't wait to see our defense in action as well. Losing 5 games in the last few minutes of each was quite a bit of a disappointment last year. I liked Frasier as a person, but man was he over matched as a head coach. :doh:

Hopefully we don't get more of the same.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson talks about life changes after death of son - ESPN

He wasn't even aware of the son as she had moved out of state. Get your facts straight.

My post has more to do with what he did with his lack of knowledge about his son. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Yea and you buy everything that ESPN spits out.

Look wise guy, don't come on this board and start throwing your weight around about who has whose facts straight. I have just about enough out people like you. There are other ways to engage people you normally don't routinely discuss things with than to come in here and on your first several posts start dictating about whose facts are straight.

I am not putting up with any BS from opponent fans that wonder onto this board. If you don't understand then I'll help you understand. Capeeche?