• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-vikings-star-running-back-205407718.html

Peterson told investigators that he saw this as a "normal spanking" and not excessive. CBS Minnesota and Jay Glazer both report that earlier, a grand jury decided not to charge Peterson but that a newly seated grand jury indicted him.

CBS Houston reports that the "whooping" occurred after Peterson's 4-year-old son pushed another one of his sons off of a "motorbike video game." Peterson allegedly sent text messages to the child's mother after hitting him. From CBS Houston:

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

In police reports, the child said that "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face,” and that he was scared that Peterson would punch him in the face. The child also told his mother " that Peterson 'likes belts and switches' and 'has a whooping room.'"

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same thing. He apparently skipped the main point and focused on the tiny little part that supported his opinion.

:L

Isn't that the reason why i posted the link, to show that there are studies that support my arguement?

Maybe your brain isn't working right because its late :noidea:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i did, and by your reaction, it seem like you didn't read tge whole thing.

I certainly did and the only bit that even somewhat supported your position was one doc saying essentially spanking does work in the short term.

It also noted the great majority of child abuse cases start out as spankings. And that 80% of parents admit to hitting their kids cause they 'lose it'.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol are these experts God? Who the hell are they to tell somebody, that whoopings don't help you. I wish a so called would tell me that my child hood whoopings didn't set me straight. I will ask him, how does he know?

And what make you the expert on the goodness of ass whoopings?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly did and the only bit that even somewhat supported your position was one doc saying essentially spanking does work in the short term.

It also noted the great majority of child abuse cases start out as spankings. And that 80% of parents admit to hitting their kids cause they 'lose it'.

You told me to show you a study and i did. I also posted a whole article supporting my stance.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You told me to show you a study and i did. I also posted a whole article supporting my stance.

Umm...no...what you came back with was a study no one has been able to duplicate done by a CALVINIST!!!!!

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, in this case, it shows that he get whoopings, but it dont show that those whoopings were overboard.

If lashings or "beatings" are called "whoopings" does that reduce their negative impact? I mean... a "whooping" doesn't seem as bad as giving several lashes to a 4 year old until he bled (evidently).