• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let me get this straight, you said people react different, but then say its proven whoopings dont work? Why did it work for me and 100 of millions?

How in the hell can they prove that anyway?

Because you dont know it worked for you. Maybe you'd be a completely different person if your parents loved you and taught you instead of thinking that hurting you is the answer. Maybe you'd have less insecurities or less fear.

They can prove that by doing studies. THere is a correlation between the violence in our country and people beating little little kids. As I said, one study showed that every single person on death row admitted to being beat as a child. Spankings teach children self doubt, anger, insecurity, violence. Like in your case you were saying a page or 2 ago that parents that dont beat their kids are pussies. Maybe your brain wouldnt associate support, non violence and love as someone being a pussy.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson was scum even before this considering he saw one of his kids for the first time the day he son died. Now if this is true some of you fools still will treat athletes like gods. Maybe fans will clap for Peterson like Rice. Just saying.

In the words of Charles Barkley, "Im not a role model"

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you dont know it worked for you. Maybe you'd be a completely different person if your parents loved you and taught you instead of thinking that hurting you is the answer. Maybe you'd have less insecurities or less fear.

They can prove that by doing studies. THere is a correlation between the violence in our country and people beating little little kids. As I said, one study showed that every single person on death row admitted to being beat as a child. Spankings teach children self doubt, anger, insecurity, violence. Like in your case you were saying a page or 2 ago that parents that dont beat their kids are pussies. Maybe your brain wouldnt associate support, non violence and love as someone being a pussy.

Do you guys pay attention to what you read? I never said people who don't beat their kids are pussies, i said people who think whooping their kids is child abuse are pussies.

How don't i know if it worked for me? What sense does that makes? Not one time did i think my parents didn't love me or loved me less because she whooped me.

You keep saying these death row guys have been "beaten." There's a difference between being beaten where you go overboard and is child abuse, and a regular whooping.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the research shows is their seems to be no net positive upside to spanking over the long term compared to other types of punishment. Developmentally it is a short term solution.

Essentially, what you say and how you behave around your kids impacts them more positively over the long term than the momentary implementation of pain.

And yeah, that's science.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys pay attention to what you read? I never said people who don't beat their kids are pussies, i said people who think whooping their kids is child abuse are pussies.

How don't i know if it worked for me? What sense does that makes? Not one time did i think my parents didn't love me or loved me less because she whooped me.

You keep saying these death row guys have been "beaten." There's a difference between being beaten where you go overboard and is child abuse, and a regular whooping.

Have you taken a pause and realized you're defending child abuse yet?

:wtf2:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if your kids are worth a shit you should be proud! It was you, not the spankings that made them that way.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the research shows is their seems to be no net positive upside to spanking over the long term compared to other types of punishment. Developmentally it is a short term solution.

Essentially, what you say and how you behave around your kids impacts them more positively over the long term than the momentary implementation of pain.

And yeah, that's science.

You know what's funny, i did some research to see what these experts were saying, and what i found was, there are also studies out there thats shows that whooping your child works. Please explain that, ill wait.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if your kids are worth a shit you should be proud! It was you, not the spankings that made them that way.

How do you know, when there are also studies that shows that hitting your kids work? Ill wait!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny, i did some research to see what these experts were saying, and what i found was, there are also studies out there thats shows that whooping your child works. Please explain that, ill wait.

Link?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost anytime something is studied by multiple agencies or people the results can differ, thus why it is important that we have a lot of research and can see what the great majority of it indicates.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Maybe the reason the stats are down are because parents like me refuse to let my kids go anywhere unsupervised anymore. I won't let my 10 and 12 year old girls even go across the street to the park/playground without me because teenagers have caused trouble with them in the past. Don't let your kids out = no opportunity for bigger/older kids to cause fights or violence or steal their shit = lower crime stats = safer society?

Great point ... it was that big kid on little kid crime epidemic subsiding that has lowered the crime rate. :L

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% in agreement with you Harold ... I hold the same line you do ... my eyes do not deceive with what I see in the world today.

However, I even started a thread in the PF a long time ago on this very same topic with kid's behavior these days being way worse than when I grew up. I pretty much got bombarded with these stats that other folks are referring to in this thread regarding violent crime being down ... it does appear to be a fact.

That said, violent crime may be down, but the utter disrespect and the 'who gives a shit' attitude is everywhere with kids today. The overall piss poor behavior & attitudes are over the top.

I wish people would state their ages when they post claims like this so that we can assess just how full of shit they are... if at all.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost anytime something is studied by multiple agencies or people the results can differ, thus why it is important that we have a lot of research and can see what the great majority of it indicates.

Yep!

My conclusion is, that it work for some kids and it don't for other kids.

Its make some better, it make some worse.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck me running. Horrible turn of events. Absolutely disgusted. My fantasy team is dry-fucked with sand lube.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. I was just reading the American Academy of Pediatrics position on spanking. They slyly suggest after your done spanking your kids to explain it happened because you were angry at them.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 35 pages of debate over this in half a day.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a "whoopin' room"?!

Um, I think there may be some evidence of a pattern here.

He is fucked. Deservedly so.