• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disciplining your child has nothing to do with beating your kids. Parents do it when theyre frustrated and angry. Its been proven that the childs brain doesnt comprehend beatings with getting their act together. I read a study a few years ago that every single person on death row in this country was beat as a kid. Does that mean if you were beat youre going to murder people later in life? No. But when you beat your children they are only learning one thing. Violence. Talk to any child psychiatrist who has studied this as a living. They are all out there begging us not to hit our kids. People get defensive because they were hit or hit their kids but even simple spankings do absolutely nothing positive even though weve tricked ourselves into thinking that. I will never hit either of my kids. I spend as much time as I can supporting, loving, teaching, holding, and caring for my kids and theyve NEVER given me trouble (major, that is). People just cant face the fact that all spankings do is to teach your kids violence. I couldnt imagine hurting the kids who I love more then myself. I watch my beautiful daughter sleep and know that I will never use physical force.

Once again, how do you explain the millions of people, for decades, that got whoopings who turn out great and said the whoopings worked? Matter of fact explain to me how my whoopings didn't work for me.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIGGEST FALACY IN THE WORLD. "Beating kids teach them discipline".

Its been proven over and over and over by experts in the field that is doesnt but it touches nerves of people that were beat or beat their children.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people realize how common whoopings are. Maybe not to this extent, but yea they happen in this country. A LOT.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may have been prior marks. In fact, in the message sent to the kid's mom AP implies it has happened before. In fact, by him knowing the mother was going to be angry at him for what he had done entails she had likely been mad at him before about the same thing.

That what has happened before? Whooping him, or that he went overboard before like he did before?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this guy is going to jail IMO. His comments are pretty much a documented admission of breaking the law.

He may never play another down in the NFL.

Pretty much.

He's a shitbird. A product of other shitbirds.

Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking moron

Once again, how do you explain the millions of people, for decades, that got whoopings who turn out great and said the whoopings worked? Matter of fact explain to me how my whoopings didn't work for me.

Because people react to things differently. YOu might drink a beer and quit. I might drink a beer and become an alcoholic. Some people adapt better then others. But in absolutely no way does hitting your child teach them discipline. That has been proven. Its a quick cure that does nothing to change behavior in the long run. I was floored when I read that study of people on death row. Not one of them came from a family that is anti beating their kids. Not one.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's clarify: What scientists have found is that people abused or exposed to abuse at younger ages brains literally develop differently.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to pay attention. When did i ever say that not hitting your child, would make them terrible? The people that don't hit their kids are not getting criticized, they are the ones thats criticizing the ones that do hit their kids.

You seem to think that hitting your kid is needed from time to time. It's part of being a parent.

Yeah. A lot of people think there's a problem with hitting your kids as a standard way of disciplining them. Peterson whipped his 4 year old kid with a switch not because he's a monster but because he thought it was the way it was supposed to be done. It was the right thing to do as a parent.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIGGEST FALACY IN THE WORLD. "Beating kids teach them discipline".

Its been proven over and over and over by experts in the field that is doesnt but it touches nerves of people that were beat or beat their children.

Lol are these experts God? Who the hell are they to tell somebody, that whoopings don't help you. I wish a so called would tell me that my child hood whoopings didn't set me straight. I will ask him, how does he know?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i cant stand people who thinks hitting your child is child abuse.

Lol, you said a Doctoral candidate will tell you whooping your children will do nothing to change their attitude? Then how do you explain the millions and millions of people, for decades, saying it did. How the hell are you going to tell ME it didn't change my attitude? And this isn't about a 4 year old, its about kids period.

Welcome to REAL LIFE, where kids are discipline by getting hit. It's always been like that and will be forever. If you don't like it, kill yourself.

There's a sensible argument. You're a real peach of a human being.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never realized how many of you sick fuckers think what Peterson has possibly done is ok. Its pretty easy to tell why its a violent world when you have parents hitting there kids in this manner. Just sick. Just saying.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to pay attention. When did i ever say that not hitting your child, would make them terrible? The people that don't hit their kids are not getting criticized, they are the ones tgats criticizing the ones that do hit their kids.

As they should.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People used to OWN people. Some people did just fine. Others, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol are these experts God? Who the hell are they to tell somebody, that whoopings don't help you. I wish a so called would tell me that my child hood whoopings didn't set me straight. I will ask him, how does he know?

Because brilliant people have dedicated their lives to this one topic. THey went to college for 8 years and have worked on longitudinal studies that prove that the immature child brain doesn't say, "Hey. My Dad really loves me and he's just looking out for me." What theyve found is the child brain only learns one thing and thats violence. Some kids, such as you, were able to adapt to this, but many other kids dont and it damages them.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You obviously haven't figured out that violence isn't the answer. Perhaps if you weren't beaten as a child, you'd know that.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because people react to things differently. YOu might drink a beer and quit. I might drink a beer and become an alcoholic. Some people adapt better then others. But in absolutely no way does hitting your child teach them discipline. That has been proven. Its a quick cure that does nothing to change behavior in the long run. I was floored when I read that study of people on death row. Not one of them came from a family that is anti beating their kids. Not one.

So, let me get this straight, you said people react different, but then say its proven whoopings dont work? Why did it work for me and 100 of millions?

How in the hell can they prove that anyway?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight, these so called experts couldn't find one person that showed whoopings worked?

I bet you, those articles and studies yall are showing, are talking about overboard beating of a child and not normal whoopings that the human being is used to.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson was scum even before this considering he saw one of his kids for the first time the day he son died. Now if this is true some of you fools still will treat athletes like gods. Maybe fans will clap for Peterson like Rice. Just saying.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been millions of successful people and role models who are on record to saying that whoopings from their parents kept them in check.

I wonder if these scientists talked to them? Maybe they only talked to death row immate and troubled kids lol.